ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1373 of 3903
« First < 37387312731323136313691370137113721373 137413751376137713831423147318732373 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I'm not saying school would even open back up just like normal, there would be precautions necessary like making the kids wash hands more often, probably social distancing them more etc...

We have a food plant operating right now with 700 employees, 24hrs a day 7 days a week so far with no issues. We are taking employee temps as they enter the building, we have staggered shift starts to have less people arriving at the same time etc...

There are ways to do things different without just throwing in the towel and saying nope, can't do it. There is middle ground between where we were and being at full stop, people need to start realizing this.
IIRC, there are quite a few large plants shutting down due to infection. I cant' remember who was talking about it in here though.
[Reply]
Donger 08:47 AM 04-14-2020

[Reply]
Donger 08:48 AM 04-14-2020

[Reply]
O.city 08:48 AM 04-14-2020
Eventually, we're going to return back to normal with precautions. What those will be at this point i'm not sure.
[Reply]
Donger 08:48 AM 04-14-2020

An article in the San Francisco Chronicle on October 25, 1918
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:51 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, I have not heard that one. Got some info?
Well, I guess a better way of putting it is they are still determining the science but other coronavirus did not spread that way.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ptoms-n1140106

Originally Posted by :
There is no documented proof that any of them is spread asymptomatically, said Dr. Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins University Center for Health Security in Baltimore, and a spokesperson for the Infectious Diseases Society of America.

“We don’t have definitive evidence that that type of phenomenon is occurring" with the new virus, Adalja said. “There is some possibility that it’s occurring, but we haven’t seen that before with other viruses in the family, and so we have to kind of view any claims of that with a little bit of skepticism and they need to be properly studied.”]

[Reply]
Mecca 08:53 AM 04-14-2020
Hey Florida thinks the WWE is an essential business........that's weird as fuck.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:53 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
IIRC, there are quite a few large plants shutting down due to infection. I cant' remember who was talking about it in here though.
It was a major pork production plant in the NE. There was a Schreiber cheese plant somewhere that shut down and did a clean after a positive then reopened production. We have obviously made contingency plans.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:54 AM 04-14-2020
Masks! Now we're talking! I kinda like this one...seems fitting.

[Reply]
dirk digler 08:54 AM 04-14-2020
First off by fall there shouldn't be much risk of a large scale outbreak. Secondly kids to this point have been extremely mildly affected to compared to adults which makes transmission much more difficult. Not impossible but less likely.

You do have an issue with kids keeping their hands washed etc...but there are easily implemented mitigation techniques. That goes for school employees as well.

At some point you gotta move on. Talk about closing schools for another etc..is just absolutely ridiculous. Kids are much lower risk and adults who work with kids can take precautions.

During the 1918 flu pandemic October was the deadliest month. I would be careful not to make any predictions.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:56 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
During the 1918 flu pandemic October was the deadliest month. I would be careful not to make any predictions.
I'm just spitballing like everyone else. (pun not intended)
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:57 AM 04-14-2020
Are you seriously saying you haven't read where asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic people are less likely to spread the virus?
Link? I think it would make sense that being asymptomatic would keep you from spreading the virus as much because you are not sneezing or coughing, but on the flip side these people don't know they have it so they are not quarantining themselves like they should.

I think you might mean that they are less likely to spread the virus because they aren't shedding as much of the virus. If that's the case I would love to see a link to that info.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:57 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
"No issues" isn't actually all that convincing since it's likely you just haven't had anyone infected at all. "We had someone test positive but didn't otherwise see any community spread" would be compelling, though.
I would prefer to not test that theory myself.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:58 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think by October we will have made significant progress in treatments for the Rona.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:59 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Link? I think it would make sense that being asymptomatic would keep you from spreading the virus as much because you are not sneezing or coughing, but on the flip side these people don't know they have it so they are not quarantining themselves like they should.

I think you might mean that they are less likely to spread the virus because they aren't shedding as much of the virus. If that's the case I would love to see a link to that info.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ptoms-n1140106

According to this article by Johns Hopkins no evidence shows asymptomatic spread and other variants of coronavirus did not spread that way. Like every single thing you read on this topic take it for what it's worth since someone else will contradict it. But like you said, it makes sense.
[Reply]
Page 1373 of 3903
« First < 37387312731323136313691370137113721373 137413751376137713831423147318732373 > Last »
Up