ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 254 of 270
« First < 154204244250251252253254 255256257258264 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:08 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea the problem there is I don't know that there is a thinner position group in the NFL.

CB and RB there doesn't seem to be a huge pool of talent in the NFL.
At least it will get better next year considering most corners on the roster are under contract through 2020 and we have enough cap room to fortify the position. Any rookie we draft will be able to ease into their role.

Oh wait, literally none of that's true. We have almost nobody at corner under contract other than Ward and some scrubs. We will have precious little cap room available after signing Jones and/or Hill, so good luck adding a significant piece in free agency. So we're forced to draft a corner high and start them from day 1. The problem is, every other team knows this and any corner needy team will be trying to jump us into the early to mid 20s to draft a corner ahead of us. But hey, I guess taking guys like Speaks, Saunders, and DOD I'm the 2nd and 3rd round the past two drafts was more important. I'm pretty confident that not a single one of those 3 will be a starter by the end of 2020, and some might not even still be on the team. Is anyone surprised when we have the same depth problems year after year?
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:18 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
At least it will get better next year considering most corners on the roster are under contract through 2020 and we have enough cap room to fortify the position. Any rookie we draft will be able to ease into their role.

Oh wait, literally none of that's true. We have almost nobody at corner under contract other than Ward and some scrubs. We will have precious little cap room available after signing Jones and/or Hill, so good luck adding a significant piece in free agency. So we're forced to draft a corner high and start them from day 1. The problem is, every other team knows this and any corner needy team will be trying to jump us into the early to mid 20s to draft a corner ahead of us. But hey, I guess taking guys like Speaks, Saunders, and DOD I'm the 2nd and 3rd round the past two drafts was more important. I'm pretty confident that not a single one of those 3 will be a starter by the end of 2020, and some might not even still be on the team. Is anyone surprised when we have the same depth problems year after year?
Patrick Peterson my friend! He's the solution.

He's got two years left on his contract. He would be perfect for this team.

Not giving more than a 2nd round pick for him though.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:18 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:

Or Keivarae Russell who was cut 5 mins after he was drafted. You aren’t going to hit on every pick dude. Nobody does. Every goddamn team has a high pick that doesn’t pan out. Every team has several through the years.

Idk what you’re bitching about right now. Fuller, Breeland and Claiborne are all starting caliber players. That’s not terrible by any means.

Ward is probably our 3rd or 4th corner who is developmental and Fields will be depth who rarely plays.

Next years corner class is very good. Next years corner FA market is very good. I don’t mind getting guys like Breeland and Claiborne again next year for cheap while we draft a corner high in a deep class.

That’s the way it is. Every team has a position group that young and full of stars.Ours happens to be corner.
[Reply]
DrRyan 10:20 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
we should be looking for new CBs on other rosters.
Biggest problem with this is the Cards have an even worse CB situation that KC does and will have the #1 waiver claim through at least week 1.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
Biggest problem with this is the Cards have an even worse CB situation that KC does and will have the #1 waiver claim through at least week 1.
WHAT!?!?!

UNPOSSSIBLE!! EVERYONE ELSE HAS 3 GUYS WHO WILL GARNER ALL-PRO CONSIDERATION!!

I don't know how many ways it can be said at this point: Virtually EVERYONE has shitty corners these days.

Like anybody was pumping off JC Jackson at this time last year. Most teams with good CB groups didn't go out there throwing money and high picks at the position - they almost all got a little lucky. A late rounder turned to gold or a veteran on a short term deal has overplayed his contract.

And the Chiefs absolutely have that potential. They have a guy like Ward who demonstrated that he might be a player in this league, just as Jackson did. They have Fuller who was elite 2 seasons ago and Breeland who was damn good in his own right; neither of whom are old enough to have lost their physical skills.

No, they don't have a high end draft pick at CB but shit happens man, you only get so many of those. Should they have taken a CB instead of Speaks? Oh hell yes they should've. But they've done a decent job backfilling for a year at least and have bought themselves a little time to try to feel out the Fields/Wades/Wards/Millers of the world and see if they get a little bit lucky.

Because that's just the nature of the NFL - you don't get to load up everywhere.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:42 AM 08-19-2019
Oh look OKchiefs is bitching about our corners again :-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:46 AM 08-19-2019
The other issue with corner, is that with the rules, do you really get much return on paying a guy a high amount out there? He can't grab or be physical anymore, so you've gotta have supreme athletes etc.

I'd just keep doing the drill and fill method.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:48 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The other issue with corner, is that with the rules, do you really get much return on paying a guy a high amount out there? He can't grab or be physical anymore, so you've gotta have supreme athletes etc.

I'd just keep doing the drill and fill method.
What we’ve done is fine, and maybe even ideal. If we paid Trumaine Johnson or Malcom Butler like the idiots that constantly bitch would’ve liked (assuming they realize what our options have been) we’d still be fucked at corner.

I’ll take the #’s over one overpaid corner and shit behind them.
[Reply]
O.city 10:49 AM 08-19-2019
I wouldn't have paid either of them, but I would have preferred a few early round draft picks at CB.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:54 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I wouldn't have paid either of them, but I would have preferred a few early round draft picks at CB.
Veach clearly would have as well. Unfortunately we haven’t had the opportunity to draft one the last couple of years based on a couple weak CB classes and no 1st round pick combined with picking late.

We haven’t passed on one corner in the past 2 drafts that we can look at and say it was a big mistake.

Should’ve went with Jessie Bates over Speaks though.
[Reply]
O.city 10:59 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Veach clearly would have as well. Unfortunately we haven’t had the opportunity to draft one the last couple of years based on a couple weak CB classes and no 1st round pick combined with picking late.

We haven’t passed on one corner in the past 2 drafts that we can look at and say it was a big mistake.

Should’ve went with Jessie Bates over Speaks though.
He's had no problem being aggressive though, so they could have traded up or around for one.

One guy I liked that's looked pretty solid for the Pats this year, Joejohn Williams, would have been an interesting pick but I like the 2nd rounders we've got so far and we'd have had to trade up for him.
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 08-19-2019
Fred Warner would have been a nice pick over Speaks but that's whatevs at this point.

Actually, the best pick in hindsight this far would have been Goedert
[Reply]
huskerdooz 11:04 AM 08-19-2019
EJ Gaines just got an injury settlement from the Bills. He might be someone to look at later in the season if he gets healthy.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:09 AM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by huskerdooz:
EJ Gaines just got an injury settlement from the Bills. He might be someone to look at later in the season if he gets healthy.
Dude has never been healthy.
[Reply]
FAX 11:17 AM 08-19-2019
In the New NFL, d-line is more valuable than corners.

This ain't your granddaddy's NFL.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 254 of 270
« First < 154204244250251252253254 255256257258264 > Last »
Up