ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 151
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
sedated 08:43 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I think he’s already in Selfs dog house though. The punches probably wouldn’t do it, but picking up the stool is going too far. The intent was there.
Self has never been one to end someone's KU career over one emotional moment. He will give 2nd chances.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:46 PM 01-21-2020
"play hard chart" points for the guy in civilian clothes.
[Reply]
sedated 08:46 PM 01-21-2020
There is absolutely no reason to believe Self has bad blood with a player just because they are not getting playing time. He has sat, even red-shirted, a lot of talented players and they have been fine.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:52 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Self has never been one to end someone's KU career over one emotional moment. He will give 2nd chances.
I’m struggling to think of a comparable situation to this one. Do you have one?
[Reply]
DJay23 08:58 PM 01-21-2020
I haven't rewatched since I saw it live, but it seemed like Garrett had the look and demeanor of someone trying to PROTECT mom jeans from McCormack. McCormack went stomping over there with intent to continue the dust up but Garrett seemed to be blocking him from being able to really get at his prey.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:01 PM 01-21-2020
The Vick thing last year after their spat. Vick was then gonzo. Not really the same but only thing I can think of.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:03 PM 01-21-2020
If I had to pick a college basketball team to fight, it wouldn’t be KU. Doke, McCormack, De Sousa...no thanks.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:09 PM 01-21-2020
This shit is all levels of unacceptable, and frankly embarrassing. My wife pointed out that a girl in the crowd looked to get hurt. Jesus Christ.

My wife and I watched the replay several times.

De Sousa threw punches. McCormack ran into the middle and tried to throw punches. Garrett got in the middle of it too, but you couldn’t tell what he did.

My guess is De Sousa is off the team. Garrett and McCormack might get suspended.
For sure Garrett shoved a KSU player after coaches got everyone apart. Which is a bad look. It is hard to tell who’s trying to get dudes apart and who’s looking to break faces. I think McCormack went in to break shit up and got rolled into the fight. Same with Garrett.

What a cluster fuck.

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
That was a straight up brawl. All over a GD block and a little gamesmanship.

Nice job controlling the guys, Bruce.
Yeah. Street clothes fool rushing DeSousa is bush league but that’s a god awful look for both teams. All over a game that wasn’t even particularly hotly contested or rough game. Dumbfuckery abound.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:11 PM 01-21-2020
If I had to pick a college basketball team to fight, it wouldn’t be KU. Doke, McCormack, De Sousa...no thanks.
LOL. Right?

Basketball players notoriously fight like pussies but if any of those giant motherfuckers actually know how to throw hands everyone is fucked. There is nothing you can do against wingspans like that.
[Reply]
sedated 09:24 PM 01-21-2020
There hasnt been anything comparable to this under Self. But after Giles, Giddens, hell even the Morris twins shooting people with air rifles...there is a reason non-KU fans think of Self as giving multiple chances to "thugs".

I also think there were multiple (non-violent) incidents with Vick and Thaarpe.

Anyway my point is not to bring all this up, just saying Self has been known for giving 2nd chances, and believing in his kids, even when it hurts his PR.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:24 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL. Right?

Basketball players notoriously fight like pussies but if any of those giant mother****ers actually know how to throw hands everyone is ****ed. There is nothing you can do against wingspans like that.
This was my first thought as they all seemed to get near the crowd. You got some big mother ****ers
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:31 PM 01-21-2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:46 PM 01-21-2020
Good god what an embarrassment.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:58 PM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
There hasnt been anything comparable to this under Self. But after Giles, Giddens, hell even the Morris twins shooting people with air rifles...there is a reason non-KU fans think of Self as giving multiple chances to "thugs".

I also think there were multiple (non-violent) incidents with Vick and Thaarpe.

Anyway my point is not to bring all this up, just saying Self has been known for giving 2nd chances, and believing in his kids, even when it hurts his PR.
I think the basketball team once fought the football team (which is retarded). But yeah nothing like that on the floor.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:02 PM 01-21-2020
This is some Ron Artest style crap, right here!

Weber was quoted as saying he told his kids to back off, and took blame for it (the kids not listening).

Was a high-road/classy thing to say, though he did say he understood the competitive nature, etc.

I've played quite a bit of ball in my life, and I've always felt if you're up 20, and you're "doing the right thing" by not trying to run up the score on the last shot clock, it's a bit of a bush-league move to not honor that.

So with that said, I have no problem with the block by DeSousa......and hell, I dont even mind the technical foul for intimidation thereafter - but everything after that was a shit-show, and they should know better.

I guess my question is - how the hell did it get that out of hand? Where was bench players, where was coaches, where was security?

I can only assume the handshake line had started and people were too far away to intervene/stop it quickly??
[Reply]
Page 68 of 151
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Up