ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Possibly considering forcing Chargers to Move Back to San Diego?
Deberg_1990 03:42 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
So the London Chargers or the Mexico City Chargers is what this boils down too.
Vancouver Chargers?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:46 PM 03-08-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
So the London Chargers or the Mexico City Chargers is what this boils down too.
Hawaii Chargers.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:55 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Hawaii Chargers.
Fuck that. I would be forced to kind of like the Chargers if this were the case.

Obviously, would never happen, but still....
[Reply]
RickObie 06:41 PM 03-08-2021
NFL helps them build a stadium in St. Louis with the promise of the city dropping the lawsuit against the Rams - St. Louis Chargers....
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:35 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by RickObie:
NFL helps them build a stadium in St. Louis with the promise of the city dropping the lawsuit against the Rams - St. Louis Chargers....
St. Louis has 0 interest in the NFL if there's any tax payer $ involved.

Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
st. louis does not deserve another football team. They have lost 2.
The Cardinals left because Bidwill didn't want to spend money to build a stadium as he felt the Cardinals were second tenant to the baseball Cardinals in Busch(which they were).

Then the city built the Dome as a result using all tax payer money to lure the NFL and gave the Rams one of the dumbest leases ever(they gave them an opportunity to get out of the lease before the bonds were paid off)... AND then would've paid more than 50% of the construction cost for the proposed stadium, which is something that no city had done twice within a 20 or 25 year period for the NFL.

Kroenke's intention was to move the team after he became the controlling owner after Frontiere's kids sold the team. Fan support wasn't the reason why they left.

Also, by your logic, LA shouldn't have a NFL team, much less 2, because they've lost 2 NFL teams as well.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:31 AM 03-09-2021
I was a cHargers season ticket holder first in 1984. And was a cHargers season ticket holder for probably 15 to 25 seasons. I have always been a CHIEFS fan first but living in Southern California and being a fan of the NFL we loved going down to Jack Murphy Stadium on Sundays. I had no idea until yesterday that the stadium I went to for decades was been demolished. I went to over 250+ games there and was a cHargers season ticket holder the year they went to the Super Bowl. I had a lot of great times there. Kind of sad to see it like this - http://youtu.be/qi5kHUe7no4 the rise and fall of the San Diego cHargers stadium ->http://youtu.be/LXeKjrE5BnI
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:41 PM 03-09-2021
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
I was a cHargers season ticket holder first in 1984. And was a cHargers season ticket holder for probably 15 to 25 seasons. I have always been a CHIEFS fan first but living in Southern California and being a fan of the NFL we loved going down to Jack Murphy Stadium on Sundays. I had no idea until yesterday that the stadium I went to for decades was been demolished. I went to over 250+ games there and was a cHargers season ticket holder the year they went to the Super Bowl. I had a lot of great times there. Kind of sad to see it like this - http://youtu.be/qi5kHUe7no4 the rise and fall of the San Diego cHargers stadium ->http://youtu.be/LXeKjrE5BnI
Stan Humpries, Marion Butts and Natrone Means would torch those Marty defenses in the early 90s. Humpries was a good deep ball thrower. Bobby Ross was an underrated coach.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:54 AM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Stan Humpries, Marion Butts and Natrone Means would torch those Marty defenses in the early 90s. Humpries was a good deep ball thrower. Bobby Ross was an underrated coach.
false
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:07 PM 03-09-2021
No US city could do an NFL team. without spoiling loyalties to another.

Canada? No. They have their own football.

So that leaves London, Mexico City or Cairo.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:15 PM 03-09-2021
Anchorage Chargers?
[Reply]
New World Order 11:08 PM 03-09-2021
Oakland Chargers
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:09 AM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Oakland Chargers
Heh, that would be crazy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:02 AM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Heh, that would be crazy.
And it will never happen, either.

Oakland can barely support the A’s, who have wanted to move to San Jose for more than a decade but the Giants claim that territory as theirs.

I’ve been to many stadiums in North America and the Oakland Coliseum is by far the shittiest (no pun intended) stadium by a wide margin.

The Murph was a palace in comparison.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:54 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And it will never happen, either.

Oakland can barely support the A’s, who have wanted to move to San Jose for more than a decade but the Giants claim that territory as theirs.

I’ve been to many stadiums in North America and the Oakland Coliseum is by far the shittiest (no pun intended) stadium by a wide margin.

The Murph was a palace in comparison.
Side note: I was in SF and the A's were talking about some palace and shopping area. Any news there?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:09 PM 03-10-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Side note: I was in SF and the A's were talking about some palace and shopping area. Any news there?
The A's have been talking about building a new stadium for years but the design continually runs into environmental issues.

Until it's approved, it'll just be a pipedream.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Up