ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2227 of 3903
« First < 1227172721272177221722232224222522262227 222822292230223122372277232727273227 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 12:08 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Remember back in the middle of April I told you guys that we would have more than 100,000 deaths and it wouldn't even be close. And that I ever expected 100k before June 1st. Some of you said I was an idiot and disputed the math. I was advising everyone the models predicting 50k or 60k deaths only total was grossly incorrect.

Well, it's May 26th and here we are, 100K+ deaths in USA now.

Yes I remember. Though I am guessing we have long passed 100k in deaths and when all is said and done the CDC will do their after action report and the death toll will be much higher unfortunately.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:09 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Just hung up with a buddy in France. France has been 2-3 days ahead of us from the beginning regarding the shutdown processes. When they reduced crowds, we followed in 2 days. When they closed restaurants we did the same 2 days later, etc etc......They opened everything back up May 9 apparently with some restrictions. Everybody is back to work but no longer shaking hands or doing the cheek kiss. Trains and public transportation is up and running but folks sit in every other seat so 50% of normal. People are going to eachothers houses for dinners again but eating outside when possible. I guess we are no longer following their pattern.
The problem we have is just so many of our population have no concept of limits or being rational.

If people wouldn't go pile into a pool, or jam pack a store the minute stuff opens we'd be more likely to be on a good track to getting back to normal. We just have way to many people that don't give a rats ass about anything.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:09 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yes I remember. Though I am guessing we have long passed 100k in deaths and when all is said and done the CDC will do their after action report and the death toll will be much higher unfortunately.
That whole 240k as an acceptable number doesn't look all that far fetched anymore.
[Reply]
Donger 12:11 PM 05-26-2020
Is there an answer to my question in there somewhere?

On another note, my buddys 91 year old father who has COPD just returned from the hospital after being admitted for 4 days due to being positive for C19 and is now home recovering.
Was limiting the number of deaths to 100,000 and counting worth the mitigation efforts? I'd say yes, considering the same models which have been right showed over a million dead without them.

You?
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:13 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
7600 people die in the US each day during a normal time frame/normal year.

1,430/day died due to CovAIDS over a 70 day span.

If it is possible to find out the total deaths during that span we can see what has really happened.
You can at the state level and the increase in baseline mortality shows that cases have been significantly undercounted, not overcounted, and it's been clear for several weeks now.
[Reply]
notorious 12:16 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You can at the state level and the increase in baseline mortality shows that cases have been significantly undercounted, not overcounted, and it's been clear for several weeks now.
Just my morbid curiosity, it's probably not worth wasted time researching it. :-)
[Reply]
jdubya 12:17 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Was limiting the number of deaths to 100,000 and counting worth the mitigation efforts? I'd say yes, considering the same models which have been right showed over a million dead without them.

You?
Undetermined because we dont understand the extent of the damage as of yet. Do you think mitigation could have been effective without shutting everything down?
[Reply]
Donger 12:18 PM 05-26-2020
Undetermined because we dont understand the extent of the damage as of yet. Do you think mitigation could have been effective without shutting everything down?
We didn't shut everything down.
[Reply]
jdubya 12:21 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
We didn't shut everything down.
so again no answer.....nevermind
[Reply]
notorious 12:22 PM 05-26-2020
We gave it our best shot, and we shouldn't look back and regret doing things wrong.

We need to look back and see how we can improve in the future.

I'm sick and tired of everyone being at each others' throats. Nobody knows what was really going on, but man they'll get pissed if you don't agree with their approach.
[Reply]
Donger 12:24 PM 05-26-2020
so again no answer.....nevermind
Why should I provide an answer to someone who isn't being accurate?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:30 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Can't imagine many of them will do it, but...

many? Any is the correct word.
[Reply]
jdubya 12:31 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
We gave it our best shot, and we shouldn't look back and regret doing things wrong.

We need to look back and see how we can improve in the future.

I'm sick and tired of everyone being at each others' throats. Nobody knows what was really going on, but man they'll get pissed if you don't agree with their approach.
I agree and that was the reason I asked several posts ago that basically knowing what we know now, could we have practiced mitigation while keeping nearly all businesses open? I agree we need to look closely at what we did correctly and what we could have done better. Some things just stopped making sense to me. This weekend (California) public parks were open as long as families practiced safe distancing from other families but 20 minutes west although you can walk on the beach, you cant sit down on the sand and have a sandwich.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:33 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Remember back in the middle of April I told you guys that we would have more than 100,000 deaths and it wouldn't even be close. And that I ever expected 100k before June 1st. Some of you said I was an idiot and disputed the math. I was advising everyone the models predicting 50k or 60k deaths only total was grossly incorrect.

Well, it's May 26th and here we are, 100K+ deaths in USA now.
Who knew dip shit governors were sending infected patients into nursing homes?
[Reply]
notorious 12:35 PM 05-26-2020
I agree and that was the reason I asked several posts ago that basically knowing what we know now, could we have practiced mitigation while keeping nearly all businesses open? I agree we need to look closely at what we did correctly and what we could have done better. Some things just stopped making sense to me. This weekend (California) public parks were open as long as families practiced safe distancing from other families but 20 minutes west although you can walk on the beach, you cant sit down on the sand and have a sandwich.
There is no doubt leaders in some areas took things way too far.

Some of the rules in Michigan were flat-out insane. They didn't help with stopping the spread, they only assisted in pissing off people and nudging them to rebel.
[Reply]
Page 2227 of 3903
« First < 1227172721272177221722232224222522262227 222822292230223122372277232727273227 > Last »
Up