ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2177 of 3903
« First < 1177167720772127216721732174217521762177 217821792180218121872227227726773177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 10:15 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
You are claiming that the CDC posted the underlined part?
Last one and if you don't like it then call the CDC cause personally I am done with your pedantic, DC, bullshit games on this.

Originally Posted by :
In light of new data about how COVID-19 spreads, along with evidence of widespread COVID-19 illness in communities across the country, CDC recommends that people wear a cloth face covering to cover their nose and mouth in the community setting. This is to protect people around you if you are infected but do not have symptoms.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...cover-faq.html

Now, split your hairs, pretend it says something it doesn't, play your Donger games. Bottom line from the CDC and every other fucking expert who has opined on the matter is masks are to prevent you from spreading, not getting.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:16 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
If my memory is correct, I believe there was supposed to be a 3 drug combination? What's the 3rd drug?

zinc?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:17 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Is it getting out of hand? We'll see. I hope not. But this ties back to patience: it's not only patience in lockdown, but patience before declaring victory. There weren't an unimaginable amount of cases nationwide before SIPOs began. That's what makes exponential growth so insidious--it looks so gradual that it can be ignored, until it can't.
Florida locked down late and opened up early. It seems as though there has been plenty of time for things to get out of hand.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:19 AM 05-22-2020
Why peer-review is important:

There was an article published in NEJM about compassionate use of remdesivir. The authors claimed that 84% of patients had clinical improvement (note that without a control group, a large portion of these would have improved anyway). There was one problem: they classified patient deaths incorrectly on their survival curve. As a result, the improvement rate was only 74% according to them (and 70% according to the reviewers that caught the error).

This doesn't mean that remdesivir is ineffective, but it does shine light on the importance of the peer-review process in finding methodological errors.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2015312
[Reply]
Donger 10:20 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Last one and if you don't like it then call the CDC cause personally I am done with your pedantic, DC, bullshit games on this.

Now, split your hairs, pretend it says something it doesn't, play your Donger games. Bottom line from the CDC and every other ****ing expert who has opined on the matter is masks are to prevent you from spreading, not getting.
Yes, I've read that. Wearing masks is a great way to stop an infected person from spreading the virus. You'll note that it doesn't say anything about masks not preventing droplet spread in the other direction. Most likely because is such common sense that they didn't even think to mention it.

So, one last time, just to expose you (intended):

Why do you think that masks stop droplet spread only in one direction? Are they magic masks?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:20 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
"It's not a chronic medication and vaccines are remarkably safe for inactivated viruses. Assuming there is nothing novel in its synthesis, the RCT data will give you sufficient info."

At this point I'm just going to assume that you're a troll, because it's clear that you aren't even attempting to read what I'm posting.
If by troll you mean an average American that doesn’t have a medical degree or read scientific research papers for fun than I’m happy to admit that I’m definitely a troll.

I was just trying to find out the earliest you would feel comfortable yourself taking a vaccine. I still don’t really know, which is why I feel like you answered like a politician. Your input would have been very valuable to my thought process when the vaccine becomes available. Luckily I work with hundreds of other pharmacists that are just as smart but somehow polite and helpful too. I’ll just keep using them for their input and sharing what they told me so that people hopefully don’t rush into an unsafe vaccine
[Reply]
petegz28 10:22 AM 05-22-2020

Now, split your hairs, pretend it says something it doesn't, play your Donger games. Bottom line from the CDC and every other ****ing expert who has opined on the matter is masks are to prevent you from spreading, not getting.
Yes, I've read that. Wearing masks is a great way to stop an infected person from spreading the virus. You'll note that it doesn't say anything about masks not preventing droplet spread in the other direction. Most likely because is such common sense that they didn't even think to mention it.

So, one last time, just to expose you (intended):

Why do you think that masks stop droplet spread only in one direction? Are they magic masks?

Gee, who didn't see that coming? Perhaps you can show us where the CDC or anyone else for that matter states such?

Just admit you were ****ing wrong and own it.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:23 AM 05-22-2020
I still don't think some of you posting these studies understand what Zelenko is promoting. Some of them don't include the zinc nor do they administer early.
Obviously, some experts in the medical field are interested enough as proven by these studies. The one they talk about in this piece is actually using his method. I'll be very interested in what it concludes.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/04...-for-covid-19/

Originally Posted by :
Zelenko, who’s offered up his cases for peer review, is hopeful.

[Reply]
Donger 10:24 AM 05-22-2020
Gee, who didn't see that coming? Perhaps you can show us where the CDC or anyone else for that matter states such?

Just admit you were ****ing wrong and own it.
I'm not wrong at all, pete. Please explain why a mask only works one way. Go ahead.

Like I said, it's just common sense. Something which you apparently lack.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:24 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by kgrund:
I get what you are saying, but your second paragraph points to what they have been saying that it being an antiviral, the key is the sooner the better. My bigger point is why waste studies on claims that most doctors that are advocates have largely not made? Focus on proving or disproving the point-in-time that giving the drug may help.
That's really hard to do, but it is being done.

There are trials underway right now on prophylactic use of hydroxychloroquine in healthcare workers.

On a population level, you'd need much more testing. You'd need to follow people closely to ascertain when they'd been infected, then you'd need to start therapy immediately, and ideally, control by not treating matched cohorts.

In lieu of that, large, retrospective pools of data, while flawed, do gave us information, but it requires parsing.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:27 AM 05-22-2020
I'm not wrong at all, pete. Please explain why a mask only works one way. Go ahead.

Sure, Donger. Which is why every expert has gone out of their way to say "it protects you from spreading not getting"......

You're on top of it as usual
[Reply]
petegz28 10:28 AM 05-22-2020

It's been posted several times. Go play your games with someone else.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 10:29 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Florida locked down late and opened up early. It seems as though there has been plenty of time for things to get out of hand.
I looked through a bit of your post history, it screams insecurity and mouth vomit. Find some data to support your positions instead of claiming “Mark Cubans a pussy” or whatever emotional rant you’re on about.

What we do know about Florida is they fired a data analyst the day after she sent a whistleblower email regarding how they wanted her to display data to help drum up support for a successful reopening. Why she was fired for certain probably can’t be determined, but it throws some smoke on Florida and their transparency of data.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...rebekah-jones/

“Emails obtained by the Tampa Bay Times show that one day before she lost her position keeping up coronavirus data, Jones objected to a removal of records showing people had positive tests or symptoms before cases were announced.”
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:30 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I still don't think some of you posting these studies understand what Zelenko is promoting. Some of them don't include the zinc nor do they administer early.
Obviously, some experts in the medical field are interested enough as proven by these studies. The one they talk about in this piece is actually using his method. I'll be very interested in what it concludes.

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/04...-for-covid-19/
An APhA webinar last month looked at seven studies regarding zinc.

"None of the evidence indicates that zinc inhibits SARS-CoV-2 viral replication, prevents viral infection, alleviates clinical symptoms, or alters the disease course of COVID-19. More data is needed to establish any relationship between zinc and treatment of the disease."

These studies included concmitant use with hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:30 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Kidd Lex:
I looked through a bit of your post history, it screams insecurity and mouth vomit. Find some data to support your positions instead of claiming “Mark Cubans a pussy” or whatever emotional rant you’re on about.

What we do know about Florida is they fired a data analyst the day after she sent a whistleblower email regarding how they wanted her to display data to help drum up support for a successful reopening. Why she was fired for certain probably can’t be determined, but it throws some smoke on Florida and their transparency of data.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...rebekah-jones/

“Emails obtained by the Tampa Bay Times show that one day before she lost her position keeping up coronavirus data, Jones objected to a removal of records showing people had positive tests or symptoms before cases were announced.”
Never mind her criminal history ......
[Reply]
Page 2177 of 3903
« First < 1177167720772127216721732174217521762177 217821792180218121872227227726773177 > Last »
Up