ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 360
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
hometeam 09:15 PM 05-17-2015
Originally Posted by stonedstooge:
You'll love it
Has built top end, heads, cam, injectors, tune, fast 92 throttle body and intake manifold, volant CAI, hooker long tubs to Y and magnaflow.

Other than its stock trans, stock rear end 3.42s, so no racing right now, just cruising.

My guess this car will put down somewhere around 400-450rwhp/tq depending on dyno. Its got some balls but its nothing like my last TA.

I did the inside and outside of car when I got it home, engine bay is going to a professional next week.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:17 PM 05-17-2015
Is that the garage at your house? It looks massive!
[Reply]
hometeam 09:19 PM 05-17-2015
Yes that's my garage at my house. It is pretty massive for me especially when its not full of clutter, 880 sq feet. I am going to park the T/A in one side and my Honda behind it, then my Focus on the other side, plus 1/4 of the garage for junk, toys, bikes etc.

A huge reason why I bought this house~
[Reply]
lewdog 09:21 PM 05-17-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Yes that's my garage at my house. It is pretty massive for me especially when its not full of clutter, 880 sq feet. I am going to park the T/A in one side and my Honda behind it, then my Focus on the other side, plus 1/4 of the garage for junk, toys, bikes etc.

That's bigger than multiple apartments I've lived in! :-)

Would be nice to have that, even just to store shit.

Nice ride and good find.
[Reply]
KC native 09:26 PM 05-17-2015
Talked to my Ford rep about it a week or two ago. He didn't have any specific info that isnt out in the press releases, but he did mention the production was going to be pretty limited, and when I inquired about price and told him my guess was 40 grand, he told me yea that's probably about right.
:-)
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:35 PM 05-17-2015
And then this happened

What year is that?
[Reply]
Miles 09:47 PM 05-17-2015
And then this happened
Highly recommend ditching the AA wipes for something like 303 Aerospace.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:50 PM 05-17-2015
Originally Posted by Miles:
My FIL gave me some of this stuff and this is in there. What would I use it on?

And yea, fuck that greasy Armor-all shit. Stuff is nasty.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:10 PM 05-17-2015

Nice!:-)
[Reply]
hometeam 05:33 AM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
What year is that?
99 Trans Am (not a WS6) with 160k, but like any ls1 car the motor has been built for only about 20k, also got chromoly pushrods about 13k ago.

Got up at 7am and drove to Iowa yesterday, got it home just before dark, got it cleaned up etc. Tonight is the real test, its going to get an inspectiona nd window motor today while im at work, then its going up on the rack tonight and im really gonna see what I have to fix.

6 grand for the car, and the guy had 6 grand in motor parts receipts alone.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:34 AM 05-18-2015
99 Trans Am (not a WS6) with 160k, but like any ls1 car the motor has been built for only about 20k, also got chromoly pushrods about 13k ago.

Got up at 7am and drove to Iowa yesterday, got it home just before dark, got it cleaned up etc. Tonight is the real test, its going to get an inspectiona nd window motor today while im at work, then its going up on the rack tonight and im really gonna see what I have to fix.

6 grand for the car, and the guy had 6 grand in motor parts receipts alone.
Let us know how that goes.. that is awesome.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:12 AM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Let us know how that goes.. that is awesome.
Charged the A/C already this morning and it does work just like the guy said. So far so good.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 07:40 AM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Just be aware if you buy am aluminum Ford it is going to cost an arm and a leg if you incur body damage. Out here, if you buy one and smoke a deer you have to get it to Wichita (5hours) to get it fixed. Probably not as big of a deal for you KC guys but it is for me. I haven't ever liked Ford, but I'm liking Chevy less and less all the time and I think ford is getting better.
Ahem.

I have seen deer literally explode when hit with one of these. Then you just drive to the car wash.
Just don't get the stinger type, they will knock the deer down and it can get tangled up in the undercarriage. That happened to Gearhead Wrenching buddy.

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Also it's worth noting that dudes around here that have 14 or newer Chevys say they suck because the back doors don't seal well and the dirt from county roads (these are all dudes in the ag industry) is just a disaster.

There are getting to be a lot more smaller diesel options and turboed gas options out there that intrigue me.

All that being said, I bought a 2010 GMC With 19,000 miles on it this winter and couldn't be happier. I didn't want to drop the cash on a depreciable asset that I'm pretty hard on but it is a good pickup.

JMO on the pickups.
Jujitsu Instructor buddy is pretty please with his Chevy, it's a 4 door with the 5.3 LS based engine. He works it pretty hard too. Doesn't drive the country roads like you but his business is cutting and installing stone counter tops so besides being his daily driver he's constantly dragging a trailer around with stone slabs on it.
[Reply]
hometeam 04:27 PM 05-18-2015
Originally Posted by Miles:
Just had em in the garage, the interior in the car is 9.5/10 and they shined it up pretty decent.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 04:32 PM 05-18-2015
Just had em in the garage, the interior in the car is 9.5/10 and they shined it up pretty decent.
Going to put a big bird on the hood?
[Reply]
Page 52 of 360
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Up