ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 41
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:14 AM 04-19-2024
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:04 AM 04-22-2024
A BIG TACKLE!!!!
[Reply]
ThrobProng 08:07 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The latest…

I would think the front office has learned to not panic because of a "looming suspension" after drafting Hardman in an attempt to offset the potential loss of Tyreek.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:10 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by icepick64:
Please no...Jon Ross 2.0
Unlike John Ross, I'm pretty sure he can run a route and catch a ball.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:25 AM 04-22-2024
Nate Taylor’s (final?) mock. Feels like everybody would be more than happy with this one. Only thing I don’t like is that he only picked one weapon early. I think we’re picking another weapon in the 4th or 5th rd latest

Originally Posted by :
Round 1, Pick No. 22: Brian Thomas Jr., WR, LSU

Trade: The Chiefs traded their first-round pick (No. 32), a 2025 third-round pick (via the Titans) and their 2025 sixth-round pick to the Eagles for No. 22.

The sounds you would hear in the Chiefs’ draft room if this selection occurred is one of cheers, high-fives and grown men screaming, “Yeah!” over and over again.

We’ve arrived at a dream scenario for the Chiefs, who need to add a dynamic receiver to pair with quarterback Patrick Mahomes, the league’s best quarterback who is in his prime. Thomas possesses size (6-foot-4), excellent hands and a strong route-running ability. In 2023, Thomas produced an FBS-best 17 touchdown receptions, the most by a Power 5 receiver since DeVonta Smith (23) in 2020.

Round 3, Pick No. 74: Patrick Paul, OT, Houston

Trade: The Chiefs traded a second-round pick (No. 64) and a fourth-rounder (131) to the Falcons for No. 74, a fourth-round pick (109) and a 2025 fourth-round pick.

After trading up in the first round, you pretty much have to stay put in the second round, which can be excruciating. This was the case in this mock. The last four picks before the Chiefs’ turn proved to be difficult to watch, as prospects who fit the team’s scheme and roster needs — Western Michigan defensive end Marshawn Kneeland, Connecticut guard Christian Haynes and tackles Kiran Amegadjie (Yale) and Kingsley Suamataia (BYU) — were selected.

Trading down then became more attractive and practical. The Chiefs moved down 10 spots in this deal with the Falcons, ensuring they’ll have at least seven picks in next year’s draft. Once again, PFF’s mock draft simulator estimated that the Chiefs’ trade offer had an 83 percent chance of being accepted.

Another reason to consider trading down was the run on offensive linemen in the first round, setting up the potential for Paul to still be available with the 74th selection. Known as a developmental prospect for the Chiefs, acquiring Paul creates quite a compelling competition against second-year player Wanya Morris for the starting left tackle job. Paul has plenty of talent, but he needs to polish his blocking techniques.

“Paul has the size and length to keep defenders occupied, but his rhythm breaks down quickly, and opponents will find success until he improves his rudimentary recovery technique and hand usage,” Brugler wrote of Paul, whom he graded as the 59th-best prospect. “Similar in ways to Chukwuma Okorafor, he has the tools to develop into a functional NFL starter, but he might require a redshirt year.

Other notable prospects potentially available: wide receiver Malachi Corley (Western Kentucky), defensive end Bralen Trice (Washington), offensive tackle Blake Fisher (Notre Dame) and running back Jaylen Wright (Tennessee).

Round 3, Pick No. 95: Christian Mahogany, G, Boston College

This selection is an endorsement of Brugler, who projected the Chiefs to select Mahogany with this exact pick last week in his seven-round mock. The Chiefs have just three guards on their roster: Joe Thuney (who is recovering from a pectoral injury), Trey Smith (who is entering the final year of his rookie contract) and Mike Caliendo (who has limited experience). The bonus is that Mahogany’s play style includes plenty of intensity and passion.

“He plays like a bouncer outside of a club, looking to bash heads with power and forceful hands,” Brugler wrote. “He projects as a guard-versatile NFL starter, ideally suited for a downhill run team.”

Other notable prospects potentially available: linebacker Tommy Eichenberg (Ohio State), tight end Ben Sinnott (Kansas State), offensive tackle Dominick Puni (Kansas) and wide receiver Brenden Rice (USC).

Round 4, Pick No. 109: T’Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas

Acquired via trade with the Falcons.

My initial thought was to select Sinnott, a talented all-around tight end who could learn from Travis Kelce and Noah Gray. But do you know how many defensive tackles are projected to be on the roster in 2025? The answer, according to Over the Cap, is two: Chris Jones and Neil Farrell Jr.

Sweat is the ideal prospect to help the Chiefs stuff the run. Listed at 6-5 and 366 pounds, Sweat is a freakish athlete who projects to be an ascending player. Can you imagine him and Jones together, destroying the interior of an opponent’s offensive line?

“Sweat must continue turning the brilliant flashes into more consistency, but he is a rare athlete for his size, with the power and ingredients to be a dominant force against the run,” Brugler wrote. “Though he has the traits to become an impactful NFL starter, he needs to stay conditioned and locked in to reach his potential.”

Round 5, Pick No. 159: Cedric Gray, LB, North Carolina

Round 5, Pick No. 173 (compensatory): Kalen King, CB, Penn State

Round 7, Pick No. 221: Tanner McLachlan, TE, Arizona

Gray has the talent to make the Chiefs’ initial roster if he does well in training camp and the preseason. He could be a strong contributor on special teams. King and McLachlan could learn on the practice squad as part of their development process.

[Reply]
Bowser 08:29 AM 04-22-2024
Not a fan of the Mahogany or McLachlan picks. Other than that, I could see a very similar scenario playing out. Sweat in the fourth might be a bit of a coup.
[Reply]
SAGA45 08:30 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Couldn’t you wait for leggette? Seems like a reach at 32 , might not make it to 64 but could trade up in the second and go BPA at 32 ?
Heck yeah! That'd work for me!
[Reply]
RunKC 08:33 AM 04-22-2024
This can be up for debate but I have a hard time seeing any way BTJ makes it past 20. I think there are a handful of teams that would take him, including the desperate Bills via trade up.
[Reply]
notorious 04-22-2024, 08:35 AM
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Bowser 08:37 AM 04-22-2024
This can be up for debate but I have a hard time seeing any way BTJ makes it past 20. I think there are a handful of teams that would take him, including the desperate Bills via trade up.
I really feel the Bills are locked in on Xavier Worthy. They're dreaming about Worthy's speed and Allen's cannon arm making Madden plays for them.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:38 AM 04-22-2024
I also think it would take more than what Nate listed to move up. Why would the Eagles trade down for only a future 3rd and 6th? It cost a 3rd and 4th in the same draft year to move up for McDuffie.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:39 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I really feel the Bills are locked in on Xavier Worthy. They're dreaming about Worthy's speed and Allen's cannon arm making Madden plays for them.
The Bills would be getting the same thing with BTJ....just more height.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:39 AM 04-22-2024
I think they take the best WR available.
[Reply]
notorious 08:44 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
The one glaring weakness.

It's going to be a fatty or a WR.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:44 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I want them to do that, but I really hope they don't. Super Squatch broke it down as to why we seriously need a tackle in the first round this year. If we take a receiver, it's going to put us in a bind with the O-Line a season or two down the road, and with the depth at receiver this year we should hold off for one until the second round.

I'd love any of BTJ, Mitchell, McConkey, Worthy, or Franklin (even though I'm reading he's like a third round talent??) as the pick, but the Chiefs should make the smart play Thursday.
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:45 AM 04-22-2024
So would the same be true with Brian Thomas (Malik Nabers, Jayden Daniels), and Marvin Harrison Jr (Egbuka, Stover, Henderson), and Odunze (Penix, polk, McMillan)??
[Reply]
Bowser 08:47 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Bills would be getting the same thing with BTJ....just more height.
No argument here, and honestly, I hope they don't get him.

I'm basing my prediction off the Bills'....uh.....less than stellar drafting the last few years. They just saw that official 4.21 time and got all wrapped up in the possibilities.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 41
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up