TribalElder 10:47 PM 05-21-2020
From the Superbowl winning playoff run

the first touchdown of the playoff run
the last touchdown of the playoff run

:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:17 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Damien Williams has really grown on me , I hope we keep him around the next 5 years. It'll make an awesome set of backs for us and I can't wait for the season to get rolling.
Never going to happen. At most Damien will be around another season after this one.

How did yo feel when we were down 0-24 to Houston. Be honest. I know I was really upset.
I was remarkably sanguine. I remember looking at the clock and realizing that there was more than 10 minutes left in the 2nd, and saying out loud, "We can do this. Two TDs and any other score and we're right back in this game. We need a TD now, and at least a FG before the half, but then Mahomes and Andy will have the entire 2nd half to get on a run."

Turned out we didn't need the 2nd half, but the main thing is that I remember thinking the Chiefs had about 2.67 quarters to right the ship.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:24 PM 05-22-2020
How did yo feel when we were down 0-24 to Houston. Be honest. I know I was really upset.
It was really weird, actually.

I was Angry at 14-0. Somewhat resigned at 21-0 (had mostly started with gallows humor) and weirdly confident at 24-0.

Somehow holding them to a FG and knowing we'd have the ball with a shot to score at the end of the half and again at the start of the second had me convinced that this thing was going to be something like 27-21 midway through the third with Mahomes driving and a dogfight to commence in the 4th...

And I was confident Mahomes could come out on top of that.

I certainly didn't expect to have the lead at half, but just getting them held at a FG allowed me to come up for air a bit and believe we were going to have a shot at it with the best player in football on our sideline.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 04:59 PM 05-22-2020
Head on carpet, staring at floor, wondering who the hell I pissed off to deserve this year after year.

Oh me of little faith....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:44 PM 05-22-2020
CP has the best content

https://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityC..._out/?sort=new
[Reply]
eDave 05:53 PM 05-22-2020
One video has a nice slow mo shot of the Williams TD, from the offensive backfield. Blew me away and can't find it now.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:59 PM 05-22-2020
It was the LOL moment. The curse was still with us after 50 years. Even trading up for Patrick and it was still with us. Even watching Patrick recover from a scary injury it was still with us. Even backing into a bye it was still with us.

We had to be taken to the lowest of all feelings for the purge of the curse to begin. Down 0-24. Down 0-10. Down 10 in the 4th qtr of the Super Bowl.

The curse was so bad the only way to purge our demons was to relive them live one game at a time. The case could be made it would be more fun watching each of those games winning by 30 but for me the way they did it was a more satisfying soul purge of being a fan and enduring all those years of failure since watching SB IV as a kid.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:23 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
It was the LOL moment. The curse was still with us after 50 years. Even trading up for Patrick and it was still with us. Even watching Patrick recover from a scary injury it was still with us. Even backing into a bye it was still with us.

We had to be taken to the lowest of all feelings for the purge of the curse to begin. Down 0-24. Down 0-10. Down 10 in the 4th qtr of the Super Bowl.

The curse was so bad the only way to purge our demons was to relive them live one game at a time. The case could be made it would be more fun watching each of those games winning by 30 but for me the way they did it was a more satisfying soul purge of being a fan and enduring all those years of failure since watching SB IV as a kid.
well stated

now that we're done with the drama, it's time for coronations and 55-10 blowouts :-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:51 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
well stated

now that we're done with the drama, it's time for coronations and 55-10 blowouts :-)
Now that we have a DC that created something resembling a defense that can make stops I say release the hounds. Burn the scoreboard to the ground.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:55 PM 05-22-2020
I couldn't help but think "here we go again" but when we were still down 24-0 I said this was our chance to do what teams always did to us. Make THEM blow a huge lead and live with a heartbreaking playoff failure for the whole offseason. I swear once I got that attitude shit started happenin in our favor. By pure coincidence but I like to pretend that had something to do with it.

The only other times I've had that attitude was when KU came back from behind to win the title against Memphis and when the Royals came back against the A's in the wild card game. I was on here during that Royals game. I had to talk a few of you down from the ledge and convince you there was still hope lol. For some weird reason I just had total confidence and faith that shit would work out in those games.
[Reply]
eDave 07:57 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:

Thank you. Anyone who didn't think all of this during the Texans game is a big fat liar. I just kept it to myself.
[Reply]
JimNasium 09:03 PM 05-22-2020
Most fun I'll ever have at a sporting event.

It's so great knowing you always have a chance.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.
Going into that game you were terrified of Will Fuller. I thought we were going to have to put you on suicide watch.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:35 PM 05-22-2020
The craziest thing was that Houston game kept me grounded in the Tennessee game. We got down to the Titans....but I knew it didn’t matter. Mahomes wasn’t losing another AFC Championship game.

Down 24-0 to the Texans though? I was at a loss for words. Not that we were down but that we were down that much and it didn’t take long for it to happen.

Never again will I doubt this team though. Never again.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 09:53 PM 05-22-2020
Strangely, I never felt out of it against the Texans, but I thought we had lost in the SB down 10 in the 4th. Even after witnessing the Texans and Titans come from behind wins.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:00 PM 05-22-2020
I was shocked and saddened.

But the flame of hope was never extinguished.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:04 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up