ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 3903
« First < 81415161718 1920212228681185181018 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:41 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Hahaha, okay that's funny. Well played.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:42 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
73 cases right now
More people probably get bad food poisoning from eating at Golden Corral during a typical week.
[Reply]
Cheater5 03:42 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I have to chuckle a bit at people that don't always have at least a few weeks of food in their homes at all times. Maybe it's from my Korean upbringing, but there's always a few months of food in the house. Most of it is pickled as various forms of kim-chi, salted meats, dried meats and vegetables, etc. and if I had to hole up in the house would last at a minimum 3-4 months. And that would be eating normally, three full meals a day. If I decided to ration the stuff I could probably make what I have right now last 8 months? 9?

Water would be a different story, as I don't hoard water, but I do take water to the gym 4 days a week, so every spring I buy 4 cases of bottled water, and reuse the bottles all year until the following spring. There's the water in the hot water tank and I have a hot tub I could pump out and replace with potable water if necessary. Just guessing, but that's probably at least a month or more of drinking water for two.

The house has solar panels (in AZ you're kinda stupid if you don't have these things) and I have a propane-fired generator that I actually use on hunting/camping trips I could use for power if I had to.

So when I hear about people panic buying just to get a couple weeks worth of food and water into their homes, I just find that hilarious.

But I don't think there's any point in panicking right now and hoarding a bunch of stuff. There's what? 3 cases of this virus in the U.S. right now? Chances are better than good that this goes away just like the bird flu . ..

Those are rookie numbers. I find it hilarious that you think you’re prepared... For anything. Other than delaying your eventual demise by a fraction.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:44 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Those are rookie numbers. I find it hilarious that you think you’re prepared... For anything. Other than delaying your eventual demise by a fraction.
I'd love to see the color of the drapes in your bunker
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:44 PM 03-01-2020
I'd sooner eat a human, even if it means i get the covfefe virus
[Reply]
wazu 03:44 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
87,472 confirmed cases. 2,990 deaths.
Yeah, but half of those are still sick so we don't know the outcome. If you focus just on the people who have a documented outcome, 6.5% of them died.
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:47 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'd sooner eat a human, even if it means i get the covfefe virus

Way ahead of you. I've already started scribbling down the names of the regular posters in the "What's for Dinner?" thread.

What kind of wine goes best with giant humanoid duck by the way?
[Reply]
cdcox 03:49 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
More people probably get bad food poisoning from eating at Golden Corral during a typical week.
Do you really think the current level of concern is because of 73 cases? People are concerned -- not panicked -- about the possible trajectories. By the time the disease is widespread enough to have a legitimate "oh no!" moment, it will be too late to prepare.
[Reply]
Donger 03:50 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yeah, but half of those are still sick so we don't know the outcome. If you focus just on the people who have a documented outcome, 6.5% of them died.
Correct. That's the mortality rate as of right now. Adding deaths to recovery and then dividing by deaths doesn't give you anything, really.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:51 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Well, fortunately I'm a hunter. So if push comes to shove I simply put a 30-06 round through you and voila! Dinner is served. And I suddenly have all of your water and food. Problem solved.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:53 PM 03-01-2020
Of the roughly*150,000 people*who die each day across the globe, about two thirds—100,000 per day—die of age-related causes. Let’s panic lol
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:54 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Way ahead of you. I've already started scribbling down the names of the regular posters in the "What's for Dinner?" thread.
Surprised you're that anxious for heart disease
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:56 PM 03-01-2020
This is already in Chicago.

It gets any closer to KC it's time to take action.
[Reply]
wazu 03:56 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Correct. That's the mortality rate as of right now. Adding deaths to recovery and then dividing by deaths doesn't give you anything, really.
Everybody who currently has the disease will either recover, or die. Anybody who hasn't yet done one of those 2 things is an unknown. So the only cases that matter in terms of knowing the actual fatality rate are the people who either recovered or died.

Total people for whom the disease has run it's course: 45,660
Total people from the above group who died: 2,990
Fatality rate of people for whom the disease has run it's course: 6.5%
[Reply]
Cheater5 04:01 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well, fortunately I'm a hunter. So if push comes to shove I simply put a 30-06 round through you and voila! Dinner is served. And I suddenly have all of your water and food. Problem solved.

Ok.

I think you’ll be laughing so hard at everyone not being as awesomely prepared as you are, that you’ll miss me. Unless you were a sniper in your former life, but that’s classified...amirite?

I just shivered in fear thinking about you and your 30.06 if that’s any consolation.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 3903
« First < 81415161718 1920212228681185181018 > Last »
Up