The bubble is about to burst.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:21 PM 05-28-2020
OOF.

That MARK dump was savage.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:27 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I like LUV the best. Their balance sheet is the best of any airline, IMO. Especially if a second shutdown or restrictions come.
I went with JetBlue (JBLU)....for varying reasons...

Not a knock on LUV....more that I thought JBLU is undervalued....
[Reply]
lewdog 03:29 PM 05-28-2020
I got out on COST today at $308.50 this morning. Market had weird feeling and rumors to not great earnings.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:30 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
NAIL over 31. Still riding it.
Crazy movement! Up to $33 and down to $26.50 all today.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:47 PM 05-28-2020
I don't know if I've mentioned this stock before, but even before the pandemic stuff I had a stock that was doing really well for me called SLP. It's a tiny company that develops software to do simulations of drug absorption and other molecular stuff. It's growing, profitable, and even pays a small dividend. For some reason it made a huge jump today, though I don't see any news. I'm not proposing it as a speculative thing, but I've had it a couple of years or more and it seems like a good long term hold if you're okay with microcaps.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:36 PM 05-28-2020
I got out on COST today at $308.50 this morning. Market had weird feeling and rumors to not great earnings.
It closed up over $1 higher than you sold and the chart pattern looks as if a short term head\shoulders bottom was just put in during this recent sideways move. It wasn't a bad selling point but it could be setting up for a breakout to the up side.

Actually the more I look at the chart the more bullish I get on COST. Has a nice up trend line
Attached: cost.jpg (40.0 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 04:45 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It closed up over $1 higher than you sold and the chart pattern looks as if a short term head\shoulders bottom was just put in during this recent sideways move. It wasn't a bad selling point but it could be setting up for a breakout to the up side.

Actually the more I look at the chart the more bullish I get on COST. Has a nice up trend line
What time frame is your chart? 3 month?

Currently showing $304 aftermarket.
[Reply]
Shag 04:51 PM 05-28-2020
I own a bunch of VMW, up 10% after-hours (post-ER). Good Q1 report, especially amidst COVID. Hopefully, it continues to run - this stock has been depressed for quite a while now, which hasn't made any sense to me. Should be a $200 stock.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:51 PM 05-28-2020
What time frame is your chart? 3 month?

Currently showing $304 aftermarket.
I cropped it bit I believe it was a daily year chart. Are they getting killed that bad in the after market? Yeah they are down almost $6. Still good and probably good buying opportunity. I admit I am not up on what their news cycle is but it looks like they released earnings today so you did good selling or buying puts.

I hate earnings announcements especially before or after the close. It's rigged bullshit.

Looks like they came in about .06 under estimates.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:47 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I cropped it bit I believe it was a daily year chart. Are they getting killed that bad in the after market? Yeah they are down almost $6. Still good and probably good buying opportunity. I admit I am not up on what their news cycle is but it looks like they released earnings today so you did good selling or buying puts.

I hate earnings announcements especially before or after the close. It's rigged bullshit.

Looks like they came in about .06 under estimates.
BRB

Buying back in tomorrow on dip.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:19 PM 05-28-2020
Thought I'd share my productive day today.

So I bought a property 5 years ago for $118,000. Bank financed 80%. seller financed 20%.

I rented the property out on a Lease/option 5 year contract. This means at the end of 5 years the tenant has the option to buy the property on the agreed price which was $148,000.

During this 5 years the tenant is responsible for all maintenance and repairs so basically all I had to do was acquire the property ,clean it up and rent it out. I spent less than $1000 initially on a few things to get it ready.

Over the contract I gave the tenant $300/month credit toward the purchase price. They executed the contract a few months early so the credit ended up being $16,800. They had not so good credit initially but used the 5 years to get it cleaned up. Around 700 score now.

So for some stupid reason the bank demanded a 20% down payment from them which was bullshit and left them short.

Anyway to make a long story a little shorter, I financed $12,300 of their down payment as a second mortgage at 7% interest over 5 years with an annual payment of $3121 due every May 28th. I got a check for $43,000 and some change and never put a dime into the property other than the initial cleanup. Less than $1k.

Real Estate has always been good to me. I really need to just pull my money from any stocks and just put it all there.

I have a property I bought 12 years ago for $40K as a bank repo also. I did the 5 year with another family for the price of $84k. They remodeled the house, installed new CH&A ,roof , got divorced and left the property.

I went in and replaced the windows, garage doors and painted .Did a new 2 year contract due to execute for 120K next May . That property is already paid off so capital gains are my only worry then.

Fuck stocks!
[Reply]
jdubya 06:40 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:

So I bought a property 5 years ago for $118,000. Bank financed 80%. seller financed 20%.

I rented the property out on a Lease/option 5 year contract. This means at the end of 5 years the tenant has the option to buy the property on the agreed price which was $148,000.

During this 5 years the tenant is responsible for all maintenance and repairs so basically all I had to do was acquire the property ,clean it up and rent it out.
!
Ive always been intrigued by this strategy but havent the balls yet to pull the trigger on this type of deal. Seems like a win win scenario though. I do have a good deal of money in real estate but it is a bit hands off very similar to a REIT type of deal with RK Properties and have done very well. I have always wanted to go next level and do what you have done though. Congrats to your success.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:25 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Ive always been intrigued by this strategy but havent the balls yet to pull the trigger on this type of deal. Seems like a win win scenario though. I do have a good deal of money in real estate but it is a bit hands off very similar to a REIT type of deal with RK Properties and have done very well. I have always wanted to go next level and do what you have done though. Congrats to your success.
The tenant was thrilled to close on the property. It actually appraised for $169K so he has a ton of immediate equity. It's a win win and everybody walked away happy.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:41 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:

During this 5 years the tenant is responsible for all maintenance and repairs so basically all I had to do was acquire the property ,clean it up and rent it out. I spent less than $1000 initially on a few things to get it ready.

Over the contract I gave the tenant $300/month credit toward the purchase price. They executed the contract a few months early so the credit ended up being $16,800. They had not so good credit initially but used the 5 years to get it cleaned up. Around 700 score now.

So for some stupid reason the bank demanded a 20% down payment from them which was bullshit and left them short.

Anyway to make a long story a little shorter, I financed $12,300 of their down payment as a second mortgage at 7% interest over 5 years with an annual payment of $3121 due every May 28th. I got a check for $43,000 and some change and never put a dime into the property other than the initial cleanup. Less than $1k.

Real Estate has always been good to me. I really need to just pull my money from any stocks and just put it all there.

I have a property I bought 12 years ago for $40K as a bank repo also. I did the 5 year with another family for the price of $84k. They remodeled the house, installed new CH&A ,roof , got divorced and left the property.

I went in and replaced the windows, garage doors and painted .Did a new 2 year contract due to execute for 120K next May . That property is already paid off so capital gains are my only worry then.

**** stocks!
You are Chiefs Planet's version of Carlton Sheets! :-)
[Reply]
Page 336 of 933
« First < 236286326332333334335336 337338339340346386436836 > Last »
Up