ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 334 of 934
« First < 234284324330331332333334 335336337338344384434834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:03 PM 05-27-2020
FYI if you're still in on MARK, the yahoo board is absolutely hilarious.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MARK/community?p=MARK
[Reply]
neech 05:15 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
FYI if you're still in on MARK, the yahoo board is absolutely hilarious.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/MARK/community?p=MARK
Interesting technology that company has.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:57 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
If it makes you feel better, my worst beating so far is buying X(US Steel) at $38.
I've ridden a couple of stocks down about that same percentage. My CUK stock (Carnival Cruise) and DHC (a provider of assisted living or nursing homes or both) are both down 75 to 80 percent compared to when I bought them. That hurts.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:59 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've ridden a couple of stocks down about that same percentage. My CUK stock (Carnival Cruise) and DHC (a provider of assisted living or nursing homes or both) are both down 75 to 80 percent compared to when I bought them. That hurts.
I've become a big believer in mutual funds just for this reason. I've tried day trading and it's not a winning proposition. Individual stocks are just too volatile and pot luck at best. I only own two individual stocks at this time and I'm a lot happier knowing while I'm out fishing somebody else is managing my portfolio and that's how they earn their money
[Reply]
petegz28 07:19 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I've become a big believer in mutual funds just for this reason. I've tried day trading and it's not a winning proposition. Individual stocks are just too volatile and pot luck at best. I only own two individual stocks at this time and I'm a lot happier knowing while I'm out fishing somebody else is managing my portfolio and that's how they earn their money
Day trading individual stocks is an amazing pain in the ass unless you have got a system to identify the exact stockings you need to trade. If you want to day trade I would suggest trading and index ETF or option or some mini-futures contracts.

The Negarian Brothers have a great premise for their system but I won’t pay for it but I know many have done similar. They have a method of identifying unusual option activity in stocks as uses that to tell them what stocks to buy or short.

The other thing about day trading is you have to have serious capital if you want to do it for a living. And if you aren’t doing it for a living then you are pretty much just gambling.
[Reply]
jdubya 07:21 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Thats how Ive handled my real money. My day gambling, oops I mean trading has just been to fill some time while SIP and I am just using some petty cash.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:22 PM 05-27-2020
The play I am setting up for is going to be a huge straddle on the SPY on election night. I will probably take some money off the table the day before. But I can almost guarantee that the day after the election is going to either go way up or way down, thus the straddle.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:15 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The play I am setting up for is going to be a huge straddle on the SPY on election night. I will probably take some money off the table the day before. But I can almost guarantee that the day after the election is going to either go way up or way down, thus the straddle.
When you post in this thread, you seem infinitely smarter than when you post in other threads.

It's honestly just amazing.

I enjoy your postings in here and learn a lot from them.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:28 PM 05-27-2020
You might make 15%.

Big whoop.

You can double your money on some of these pandemic plays.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:32 PM 05-27-2020
You might make 15%.

Big whoop.

You can double your money on some of these pandemic plays.
Yeah, you go "double your money" in those plays. It might help offset the net losses you end up taking thinking you are smarter than the market.

And you're an idiot if you think 15% is what someone would make. Since you are buying options you could easily walk away with a 200% to 500% return. But I wouldn't expect you to understand these complexities.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:34 PM 05-27-2020
Yeah, you go "double your money" in those plays. It might help offset the net losses you end up taking thinking you are smarter than the market.
The only real loss I've taken was that IQIYI bullshit some idiot here told me to play. I am absolutely killing it on pandemic stocks.

Originally Posted by :
And you're an idiot if you think 15% is what someone would make. Since you are buying options you could easily walk away with a 200% to 500% return. But I wouldn't expect you to understand these complexities.
Please, do tell us how your election night tomfoolery goes. I eagerly await your gainz.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:38 PM 05-27-2020
:-)
[Reply]
petegz28 08:39 PM 05-27-2020
The only real loss I've taken was that IQIYI bullshit some idiot here told me to play. I am absolutely killing it on pandemic stocks.

Please, do tell us how your election night tomfoolery goes. I eagerly await your gainz.
The volatility tied to this election will be one for the record books. You saw how the overnights went when Trump won. Now if Trump wins you can expect at good 10% rally in a matter of days as a sign of relief and a continuation of business friendly policies.

If Biden wins you can expect at least 10% sell off in the blink of an eye on the expectation he is going to raise corporate tax cuts and roll back any regulation changes Trump made.

But that would take a sense of understanding the market. You seem to like playing these "get rich quick" stocks which means you have no ****ing idea of wwhat you are doing.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:41 PM 05-27-2020
Anyone who says "they are killing it" when the market just made a great run is like a DB talking shit after his QB and offense won a game 45-43.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:45 PM 05-27-2020
Anyone who says "they are killing it" when the market just made a great run is like a DB talking shit after his QB and offense won a game 45-43.
"Everyone's a savvy investor when the market is bullish."

I learned this from a few mistakes.
[Reply]
Page 334 of 934
« First < 234284324330331332333334 335336337338344384434834 > Last »
Up