ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Ryan Leaf trivia
Rain Man 06:08 PM 12-05-2008
DaFace and I were just talking football, and we looked something up and remembered this little fact.

Not only was Ryan Leaf a colossal bust with the #2 pick in the draft, but San Diego traded up to get him. The Cardinals held the #2 slot and the Chargers held the #3 spot. To move up one spot in the first round, the Chargers gave the Cardinals...

the #3 pick in the first round in 1998 (Andre Wadsworth)
their first-round pick the next year (#8 - David Boston)
their second-round pick in 1998 (#33 - Corey Chavous)
kick returner Eric Metcalf
linebacker Patrick Sapp

I didn't remember that the Chargers traded into that spot. Ouch.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:59 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
If he wants to prove himself worthy of being drafted ahead of Peyton Manning, he sure has a funny way of showing it.

You’re right ....he’s running out of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 09:22 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
I figure the fact that he had a brain tumor might have led to some of his struggles in life.

Did he have a tumor or a threemor?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:50 AM 05-25-2020
The Cowboys should cut DP and sign RL.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:09 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bump:
Anyone remember his 1-15, 4 yd performance with 4 fumbles and 2 ints vs us in 1998? That was a doozy.

I was there- one of my favorite games ever. Our D was nasty!
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:12 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I remember that game vividly. He came in 2-0 and talking smack about how Arrowhead was “just another stadium” then proceed to complete like 4 passes and 5 INTs. Don’t remember the exact numbers but he had more completions to Chiefs than he did to Chargers. Shortly thereafter he had the famous locker room outburst and that was a wrap on his career.
:-)

That was one of the worst QB beat downs I ever witnessed.

Steve Young and Elway took a beating at Arrowhead too.
[Reply]
Otter 12:36 PM 05-25-2020
I think "ouch" is an appropriate response.
[Reply]
Otter 12:38 PM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

I miss Berman!
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:24 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Ryan Leaf 1-14 for 4 yards, 2 INT's, and 4 fumbles. Ryan Leaf was destroyed at ARROWHEAD that day! EPIC! :-)
[Reply]
Gadzooks 03:54 AM 05-26-2020
You guys just won the super bowl. Why are you jackin' off to a victory over a guy, with a brain tumor, that happened in the rain 22 years ago?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:38 AM 05-26-2020
You guys just won the super bowl. Why are you jackin' off to a victory over a guy, with a brain tumor, that happened in the rain 22 years ago?
It's called FREEDOM! :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:01 AM 05-26-2020
Have any of you guys listened to him as a guest on the Pat Mcafee show?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:04 AM 05-26-2020
Why are you trying to relate his struggles to a brain tumor he had removed years later? Leaf only had one medical issue during his playing career and that was his addiction to pain pills. I think the game at Arrowhead might have actually started that addiction too. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up