ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 26
« First < 162223242526
The Lounge>2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository
Al Bundy 09:13 AM 01-04-2020
Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:08 AM 05-21-2020
There's only 5 rounds......some teams are going to get screwed hard on the signings after.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:09 PM 05-22-2020
Let’s talk Bret Saberhagen, our franchises 2nd best player ever. I won’t listen to any counterarguments.

Bret was one of the top prospects in LA his Sr year but after starting 8-0 he hurt his shoulder and played SS for Reseda HS. He tumbled off scouts’ radar. The 1982 draft was held June 7 and we took a flier on Bret in the 19th round. (In the 4th we took a HS 1B from a New Orleans HS but didn’t sign him. Some guy named Will Clark)


Anyway, a week after the draft Bret decides to pitch the LA city championship, held at Dodger Stadium. He fired the only no-hitter in championship history. A pitcher from Palisades HS got in the game and said “Nobody had ever seeen anything like Bret”.


That pitcher became an NBA coach, who’s current. Name him.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:34 PM 05-22-2020
Who is Steve Kerr.

Ill take Royals greats for $200, Alex.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:11 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Let’s talk Bret Saberhagen, our franchises 2nd best player ever. I won’t listen to any counterarguments.

Bret was one of the top prospects in LA his Sr year but after starting 8-0 he hurt his shoulder and played SS for Reseda HS. He tumbled off scouts’ radar. The 1982 draft was held June 7 and we took a flier on Bret in the 19th round. (In the 4th we took a HS 1B from a New Orleans HS but didn’t sign him. Some guy named Will Clark)


Anyway, a week after the draft Bret decides to pitch the LA city championship, held at Dodger Stadium. He fired the only no-hitter in championship history. A pitcher from Palisades HS got in the game and said “Nobody had ever seeen anything like Bret”.


That pitcher became an NBA coach, who’s current. Name him.

That’s a great story.

Thanks for sharing. Sabes was one of the reasons I fell in love with the Royals.

I listened to his no-hitter with my Dad and Grandpa. Will never forget it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:21 AM 05-23-2020
So one of the things the MLBPA wants is daily testing and this leads me to believe that they don't know what the testing consists of. After the first week of getting a swab to the brain I think they will change their minds. Hell you'd think that constantly having that little cotton swab up the nose cant be good for you.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:24 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Who is Steve Kerr.

Ill take Royals greats for $200, Alex.
Beat me to it
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:07 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Let’s talk Bret Saberhagen, our franchises 2nd best player ever. I won’t listen to any counterarguments.
Your love of sabermetrics says its Kevin Appier.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:11 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
So one of the things the MLBPA wants is daily testing and this leads me to believe that they don't know what the testing consists of. After the first week of getting a swab to the brain I think they will change their minds. Hell you'd think that constantly having that little cotton swab up the nose cant be good for you.
That shit is not comfortable. Once wasn't awful, but daily testing would get old.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:30 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Your love of sabermetrics says its Kevin Appier.
Sabes 55 fWar
Ape 50fwar

Don’t think so
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:35 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That’s a great story.

Thanks for sharing. Sabes was one of the reasons I fell in love with the Royals.

I listened to his no-hitter with my Dad and Grandpa. Will never forget it.

I was a HS soph and my mom drove me to school. Radio News said he threw the no no and played the broadcast clips. I was so jacked. She didn’t care. I can still remember being in the car. (aug 1991)



I pulled up his tape on YouTube, so I could see him thru adult eyes. That mFer could hit a tea cup on the black with his FB. 1984 G2 ALCS ge starts vs 104 win Detroit and Jim Palmer on pregame: “Bret goes 93 on both sides of the black and he’ll have to tonite to have a chance”. His FB command was ungodly.



He looks identical to Zack. Didn’t have Zack’s secondary stuff but shit they are doppelgängers with the FB. I’m amazed Zack had the second act he did. He’s a changeup guy now, one of MLB best. And Zack had the wipeout slider Bret never did.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:36 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Who is Steve Kerr.

Ill take Royals greats for $200, Alex.
Dammit you’re no fun.
[Reply]
eDave 06:51 PM 05-23-2020
Saberhagen's sister went to the same boarding school as me in AZ. Year behind or above me if I recall.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:22 AM Yesterday

Seen another way: 82-game prorated salaries vs. MLB's proposal

Full Proposal
prorated

$285K $262K
$506K $434K
$1.01M $736K
$2.53M $1.64M
$5.06M $2.95M
$7.59M $4.05M
$10.1M $5.15M
$12.7M $6.05M
$15.2M $6.95M
$17.7M $7.84M

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) May 26, 2020

[Reply]
Page 26 of 26
« First < 162223242526
Up