ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 801 of 1207
« First < 301701751791797798799800801 802803804805811851901 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:25 AM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Thanks, man. Yeah, we're trying to make vegetables a much bigger part of our daily diet around our house. I grew up with two parents that both worked long hours, and didn't cook often. So, lots of frozen food, few vegetables, and zero education about nutrition. As an adult, I've had a weird relationship with food because of it. Trying to make sure my son doesn't end up down a similar road.

That was the first attempt at kabobs. I might try giving the zucchini and squash next time so that everything cooks more evenly. They were pretty good though.
CostCo is your friend! They can't make you add them to the meal, but they can make it hurt the wallet less..
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:49 AM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
CostCo is your friend! They can't make you add them to the meal, but they can make it hurt the wallet less..
Walmart has some decent stuff, too. I got a 3-pound bag of Thai stir fry veggies (you don't have to use the sauce) for $6. I'm not a broccoli fan, and this doesn't have any of it.

Carrots, Celery, Onions, Red Bell Peppers, Yellow Bell Peppers, Snow Peas, Baby Cob Corn, Soybeans, Water Chestnuts
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:21 AM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Walmart has some decent stuff, too. I got a 3-pound bag of Thai stir fry veggies (you don't have to use the sauce) for $6. I'm not a broccoli fan, and this doesn't have any of it.

Carrots, Celery, Onions, Red Bell Peppers, Yellow Bell Peppers, Snow Peas, Baby Cob Corn, Soybeans, Water Chestnuts
Ah, I love broccoli.. We go through more than a bag of CostCo Normandy mix a week..
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:45 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Sorry for spamming the thread with a bunch of posts in a row. White people tacos, tho!
Looks great! Your kebabs too.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:54 PM 05-22-2018
Don't know what got into me?! I've borscht once and loved it. But it was from a packet sampler at the Polish mini-market near me. Always wanted to make a borscht on my own. Had to up the lemon and a tad more sweetener to my taste though.

Okay, some say it's really of Ukrainian origin but the Russians, Poles and all those slavic countries make borscht. They're all slavic countries anyway. So it's still a Russian dish.

It wasn't enough for dinner, but more an appetizer, so I figured I'd serve Russian blinis for the main course. I know beef stroganoff is a well-known Russian meal, so I decided to make mine stuffed with beef stroganoff ground beef inside with the usual sour cream mushroom sauce. The beef has minced onions and mushrooms and some of the mushroom sauce. Blinis are really thin pancakes...and eggy.

The Russians use a lot of sour cream and mayo in their foods. Then top just about everything off with dill. I love dill myself. I forgot the sour cream on first pics but added it on the close-up shot when I finally remembered it.

Oh and a shot of Stolichnaya Vodka. Yah!
Attached: Borscht.png (511.0 KB) Blini Platter.png (416.0 KB) Blini Serving.png (408.1 KB) Blini,SourCream.png (381.3 KB) 
[Reply]
scho63 02:02 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Don't know what got into me?! I've borscht once and loved it. But it was from a packet sampler at the Polish mini-market near me. Always wanted to make a borscht on my own. Had to up the lemon and a tad more sweetener to my taste though.

Okay, some say it's really of Ukrainian origin but the Russians, Poles and all those slavic countries make borscht. They're all slavic countries anyway. So it's still a Russian dish.

It wasn't enough for dinner, but more an appetizer, so I figured I'd serve Russian blinis for the main course. I know beef stroganoff is a well-known Russian meal, so I decided to make mine stuffed with beef stroganoff ground beef inside with the usual sour cream mushroom sauce. The beef has minced onions and mushrooms and some of the mushroom sauce. Blinis are really thin pancakes...and eggy.

The Russians use a lot of sour cream and mayo in their foods. Then top just about everything off with dill. I love dill myself. I forgot the sour cream on first pics but added it on the close-up shot when I finally remembered it.

Oh and a shot of Stolichnaya Vodka. Yah!
Never had Russian food that that looks pretty damn good to me! :-)

[Reply]
tooge 02:08 PM 05-22-2018
That stuffed "blini" looks damned solid
[Reply]
Stewie 03:05 PM 05-22-2018
Ham and beans in the crock pot. Killer recipe. This is the last of several meals using a large bone-in ham that was 95c/lb. It's the best ham I've had. Low salt and very flavorful.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:20 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Alaska? How’s the bbq scene in Alaska?
You would have never known it was moose penis....actually.....

I meant AR
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:53 PM 05-22-2018
Marinated tri tip in Bloody Mary mix and a few other things, sous vide for a few hours at 130, chilled, got my grill as hot as I could and seared about 3 minutes per side.

This is damn good.

[Reply]
lewdog 06:13 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Ah, I love broccoli.. We go through more than a bag of CostCo Normandy mix a week..
That Normandy Mix is the best I've had. And cheap too!

Their Stir-fry bag is awesome as well. I use one or the other almost daily for a side with something at night.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:37 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Their Stir-fry bag is awesome as well. I use one or the other almost daily for a side with something at night.
Sams has a Normandy mix and I wasn’t a fan.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:38 PM 05-22-2018
I’ve been working a pile of hours lately so I haven’t eaten anything good lately but the wife laid out some burgers to cook and damn did they hit the spot.

No pics. They looked like shit. But just a reminder to cook even when you’re busy.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:42 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:

I think I got the idea from you, right? And yeah, the great news is, here in KC, the Costco is right next to the hockey rink, so we're there 2, usually 3, times a week, so it's a quick trip into the Costco for my veggie fix... Between Costco veggies and the Olive Garden dressing I sear them in, my meat intake has been gone down significantly.
[Reply]
threebag 10:44 PM 05-22-2018
That Olive Garden Dressing is legit
[Reply]
Page 801 of 1207
« First < 301701751791797798799800801 802803804805811851901 > Last »
Up