ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 23
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Joe Montana is still the greatest ever....
milkman 05:22 PM 01-24-2010
....and nothing that Peyton Manning does will ever change that.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 06:09 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by milkman:
Dude.

Pay the fuck attention.

Those players were great because Magic made them great.

Worthy is in the HOF because of Magic.
let's be fair, worthy was great at UNC because of jordan, right? :-)
[Reply]
milkman 06:10 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
They are different kind of players. Magic was basically a power forward playing PG. Magic's role was to distribute the ball. Jordan's role was to dominate because no one ever had the skills he did to score. His' defense wasnt to shabby either.

I am a Life long Lakers fan since i was a kid in the early 80's and Magic is a GREAT player, but Jordan is the best. Magic has players that fit what he did. Jordan had players that FIT what he did.
And tell me you din't see how limited Worthy was without Magic.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:12 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by BCD:
Rice wasn't around during the 1st 2 SBs.
Yeah. You won't get any argument from me on the Montana front. I think he's the golden goose at this point. Now, all of this is subjective and not relevant, it's just opinion. So I won't go ape shit over anyone who says Montana was the GOAT even if Manning wins 6. I shouldn't be as hard on Brady as I am probably, but I chalk it up as similar to whatever reason the Peyton haters hate Peyton.
[Reply]
milkman 06:12 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon:
That doesn't matter to milkman...
I've said this before.

Michael couldn't get his teams past the Celtics and Pistons until Bird and Thomas started to decline physically, and by the time he did, Magic had also started his physical decline.

His Bulls never beat a great team in a playoff series.
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:12 PM 01-24-2010
And tell me you din't see how limited Worthy was without Magic.
They played different games. Magic was a passer. he wasnt a score first player. Magic's job was to get the bal into the players hands so they can make an easy basket. Jordan's was to just flat out score and dominate dish out to the open man.

I love me some Magic, but Worthy was also old by the time Magic had his thing with Aids and what not. Old happens.
[Reply]
Hootie 06:13 PM 01-24-2010
Dude.

Pay the **** attention.

omg

:-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:13 PM 01-24-2010
Dude.

Pay the fuck attention.

You're crazy. Hell Oscar Robertson is better PG than Magic is and I like Magic. MJ is the GOAT at least until Kobe or Lebron match him in championships.
[Reply]
smittysbar 06:13 PM 01-24-2010
I think we are watching the best QB to ever play the game, and his name is Peyton Manning.

And if you don't think Jordan is the best ever, you have a pea for a brain.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:13 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
Yeah, again though, I think it's a product of what's around him. To me, it's not even close between Manning and Brady.
I don't have a horse in this race, I think they're two of the best of all time, but if you're going for a "product" argument, reality is that the Colts have been stocked on the o-line and at receiver/TE for years. Whereas Brady didn't have Moss and Welker or a running game or much of anything on offense when he was winning superbowls. Unless you think Troy Brown and Terry Glenn were the equivalent of Moss and Welker. Peyton has always had great offensive players around him, linemen, pass-catchers and runningbacks. Which doesn't in any way diminish what he's done, in my mind. It is what it is...

In fact, I think Manning and Brady are both great examples of just how important fielding a balanced team (offense and defense) without exploitable weaknesses is in this day and age. The lesson the Chiefs weren't able to learn in 20 years, from 1989 all the way through 2008. We'll see whether Haley's figured it out.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:14 PM 01-24-2010
I've said this before.

Michael couldn't get his teams past the Celtics and Pistons until Bird and Thomas started to decline physically, and by the time he did, Magic had also started his physical decline.

His Bulls never beat a great team in a playoff series.
I guess we'll never know since Michael started playing 4-5 years after all those guys did.
[Reply]
milkman 06:14 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
I think we are watching the best QB to ever play the game, and his name is Peyton Manning.

And if you don't think Jordan is the best ever, you have a pea for a brain.
And as far as I'm concerned, you can go fuck yourself in the ass to probe for your brains.
[Reply]
milkman 06:15 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
You're crazy. Hell Oscar Robertson is better PG than Magic is and I like Magic. MJ is the GOAT at least until Kobe or Lebron match him in championships.
Kobe and LeBron are never going to be as good as Michael.
[Reply]
Hootie 06:15 PM 01-24-2010
milkman is spin city...

he tries and tries and tries to spin things so he can think he's being truthful with his beliefs...he tricks himself into actually believing this shit.

It's hysterical.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:16 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don't have a horse in this race, I think they're two of the best of all time, but if you're going for a "product" argument, reality is that the Colts have been stocked on the o-line and at receiver/TE for years. Whereas Brady didn't have Moss and Welker or a running game or much of anything on offense when he was winning superbowls. Unless you think Troy Brown and Terry Glenn were the equivalent of Moss and Welker. Peyton has always had great offensive players around him, linemen, pass-catchers and runningbacks. Which doesn't in any way diminish what he's done, in my mind. It is what it is...

In fact, I think Manning and Brady are both great examples of just how important fielding a balanced team (offense and defense) without exploitable weaknesses is in this day and age. The lesson the Chiefs weren't able to learn in 20 years, from 1989 all the way through 2008. We'll see whether Haley's figured it out.
I think Peyton's line has always been over rated, and I think Harrison and Wayne aren't who they are without Peyton throwing them the ball. JMO.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:17 PM 01-24-2010
Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon:
milkman is spin city...

he tries and tries and tries to spin things so he can think he's being truthful with his beliefs...he tricks himself into actually believing this shit.

It's hysterical.
If you're trying to get my old man to have some kind of a melt down, I'll tell you from experience that you're spinning your wheels. He's emotionless. :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 23
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up