ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 238 of 3903
« First < 138188228234235236237238 2392402412422482883387381238 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
SupDock 09:27 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
They knew Monday that it was possible. They slowed down admissions Thursday.
They told some employees Wednesday.
Fair enough, but I would imagine there are protocols involved with who gets notified, etc.

Why would they slow down admissions vs stop them?
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:30 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
There is certainly a good possibility the hospital has not known for long. I personally knew a lot of people at GVMH, and they were all great people who cared a lot for the community. Most lived in the community

I bet they had a good idea when they transferred that patient out last week. At the minimum they could have said we have a presumed case and out of abundance of caution we are going to limit access unless you need it and we are taking some extra precautions. But they sat on it and went on as business as usual and then made a Facebook post yesterday morning that nobody apparently saw.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:30 AM 03-14-2020
Fair enough, but I would imagine there are protocols involved with who gets notified, etc.

Why would they slow down admissions vs stop them?
Because everyone in that hospital are fucking idiots.

We haven’t gone there in years, they threw out samples that were ordered cultured no less than 3 times and we were done without them. They fucking suck.
[Reply]
SupDock 09:31 AM 03-14-2020
Well I would think that is the best way to get out in front of this.

Their first patient was sunday, now a week later they aren’t taking patients for some reason, if all was well DONT you think they would? But they aren’t notifying people who were there in between those dates. Why?

That guy was just in no less than 5 stores 60 miles from there today.

That’s how this shit gets spread to everyone
Are you suggesting quarantine everyone who stepped into the hospital?

The POTUS apparently didn't meet testing or quarantine criteria, and we all heard about his contacts.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:33 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I bet they had a good idea when they transferred that patient out last week. At the minimum they could have said we have a presumed case and out of abundance of caution we are going to limit access unless you need it and we are taking some extra precautions. But they sat on it and went on as business as usual and then made a Facebook post yesterday morning that nobody apparently saw.
They knew, they told the surgery group Wednesday morning about it but said they thought there shouldn’t be cross group contamination ( directly from someone in their surgery dept) but now today are telling them they are basically shut down.

They dropped the ball here and who knows how many more cases come up over it
[Reply]
SupDock 09:33 AM 03-14-2020
Because everyone in that hospital are fucking idiots.

We haven’t gone there in years, they threw out samples that were ordered cultured no less than 3 times and we were done without them. They fucking suck.
Clearly this is an emotional topic for you, and I'm sorry for your experiences. My experiences were different.

I cannot speak to exactly what people were told who worked there. I just have difficulty believing they would knowingly mislead the public or put them at risk.
[Reply]
Donger 09:34 AM 03-14-2020
So, the CDC doesn't give new counts on the weekends? Is that a joke?
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:35 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
If people knew 100% of the current information people would be robbing, looting and other worse things.
Do you know something the rest of us don't? Or are you just speculating?
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:35 AM 03-14-2020
Are you suggesting quarantine everyone who stepped into the hospital?

The POTUS apparently didn't meet testing or quarantine criteria, and we all heard about his contacts.
I’m suggesting they at least FUCKING TELL them all about the possibility. I mean doesn’t that sound reasonable?

Not notifying everyone seems like they aren’t very worried about it spreading while people who could have been in contract are out there going everywhere with no idea.
[Reply]
TLO 09:36 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Do you know something the rest of us don't? Or are you just speculating?
I am also wondering
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:36 AM 03-14-2020
They knew, they told the surgery group Wednesday morning about it but said they thought there shouldn’t be cross group contamination ( directly from someone in their surgery dept) but now today are telling them they are basically shut down.

Seriously? Where did you hear that from?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:37 AM 03-14-2020

All hospitals are urged to be enacting emergency protocols as of yesterday’s state of emergency. Part of that is limiting new patients and elective surgeries to keep space available. That message from them is likely not unique at all and doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with having that patient.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:39 AM 03-14-2020
Clearly this is an emotional topic for you, and I'm sorry for your experiences. My experiences were different.

I cannot speak to exactly what people were told who worked there. I just have difficulty believing they would knowingly mislead the public or put them at risk.
Well they call it Death Valley hospital instead of golden valley around here. I’m definitely not the only one that has had terrible experiences there.

And yes I’m emotional about this, I have a disabled daughter that has had major respiratory and heart issues in the part couple of years .

My friend would have never came around if he had known there was any chance of him being exposed. But they didn’t tell him.

Hell they made him another appt yesterday so he could come back into it.
They are idiots
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:40 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
All hospitals are urged to be enacting emergency protocols as of yesterday’s state of emergency. Part of that is limiting new patients and elective surgeries to keep space available. That message from them is likely not unique at all and doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with having that patient.
3 patients I’ve heard
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:40 AM 03-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Seriously? Where did you hear that from?
From someone who could get in trouble for telling me...
[Reply]
Page 238 of 3903
« First < 138188228234235236237238 2392402412422482883387381238 > Last »
Up