ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Derrick Johnson
Direckshun 08:10 AM 09-22-2017
I've been rewatching some of the Eagles and Pats games the past week, and DJ is just insanely good.

Seriously, I don't even think I want to lose him this offseason, much as that financially makes sense.

Here's the deal: you can totally replace his speed and his athleticism. Especially these days.

But he's SO SMART. Easily the smartest player on our defense -- he never falls for a single fake, he can always anticipate where the play is going, and is so mentally tough.

Terez did a story on Ragland earlier this season where Ragland was talking about "hey all I'm here to do is exactly what DJ tells me -- it's his team." That kind of deference is invaluable and it's part of what makes our defense so incredibly difficult to score on.

I know nobody disagrees with me that DJ is an All Time Chief, but I'll tell you this right now: barring another injury or him falling off a cliff, we gotta keep this guy. He's nigh irreplaceable.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 10:46 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'm a little pressed for time - so haven't read any responses - good thread by the way - totally agree - but my question is - Where's Ragland on his road to recovery? - sorry if it's been answered.
Listed here as Full Practice for yesterday.
http://www.chiefs.com/team/injury-report.html
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:52 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
DJ is my favorite player in the NFl. So many times he has been counted out, only to come back and rack up tackles.

He will go into the Chiefs Ring of Honor and hopefully have a long career with us as a coach.

One of the All Time Great Chiefs- on and off the field.
Dude sure as shit fed me my hat.

I never expected he'd be ready for week 1, let alone camp. Yet here he is. I'm not sure if he's all the way back but it's also possible that he is and this is just the new normal of a 35 yr old LBer with 2 significant lower body injuries.

His speed is clearly down a tick but man, between the tackles he's as smarty and savvy as he's ever been.

It will always irritate me that Scooter torched the primes of Hali, DJ and Charles the way he did. Those 3 guys deserves so much more than getting by on guile for the good teams that came in their decline phases.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:06 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut:
I hope we can win it all this year and let Tamba and DJ retire so their bodies can stop taking a beating. Then Alex Smith can play out the last year of his contract without controversy and CP will be a happier place.
what kind of beating has tamba taken this year?

and fuck you
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:19 AM 09-22-2017
I think he looks significantly slower this year compared to years past.

He's still good, but father time appears to be knockimg on his door.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:22 AM 09-22-2017
Sign DJ to a team friendly deal. I think he would go for it, especially if Andy was to tell him he would have a spot on the coaching staff if he wanted it after he retires.

I could see DJ being a great D cord. or head coach someday.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:25 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina:
Listed here as Full Practice for yesterday.
http://www.chiefs.com/team/injury-report.html

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Halfcan 11:26 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dude sure as shit fed me my hat.

I never expected he'd be ready for week 1, let alone camp. Yet here he is. I'm not sure if he's all the way back but it's also possible that he is and this is just the new normal of a 35 yr old LBer with 2 significant lower body injuries.

His speed is clearly down a tick but man, between the tackles he's as smarty and savvy as he's ever been.

It will always irritate me that Scooter torched the primes of Hali, DJ and Charles the way he did. Those 3 guys deserves so much more than getting by on guile for the good teams that came in their decline phases.
You just can't keep DJ and Berry down- these guys have so much heart. I hope Berry can come back like DJ did.

Do they have the same doctor?
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:33 AM 09-22-2017
You just can't keep DJ and Berry down- these guys have so much heart. I hope Berry can come back like DJ did.

Dr. Andrews was seen at Wild Woody's off Noland Rd just two weeks ago!
[Reply]
ottawa_chiefs_fan 11:35 AM 09-22-2017

[Reply]
Simply Red 11:43 AM 09-22-2017
Well dang - looks like it'll be at LEAST one more week.

Ragland has yet to see game action this season but did practice on a limited basis last week and on Wednesday, so he looks to be ready for Sunday's game against the Chargers. The 2016 second-round pick isn't expected to play a major role on the Chiefs defense right away, and will likely only be a reserve linebacker and special teams player, if he even suits up
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:01 PM 09-22-2017
DJ's instincts and smarts are unmatched by many in the NFL right now. If we can get him to take another pay cut next year and he remains productive this year, I am all for keeping him around.

Hopefully they win the Super Bowl this year and he can just go ahead and retire, maybe become a coach.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:33 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Dr. Andrews was seen at Wild Woody's off Noland Rd just two weeks ago!
:-)

I used to love Wild Woodys as a kid- it was like a Hillbilly Paradise.

The kids would play games and ride the toy horses while the adults shopped for cheap shit.
[Reply]
penbrook 12:50 PM 09-22-2017
DJ and the Sherminator both took pay cuts because they want to get rings. I’m sure if we asked DJ to lower his cap hit from 10 mil to 5 mil next year he would have no problem. He wants to play another 3-4 years.
[Reply]
penbrook 12:51 PM 09-22-2017
DJ isn’t limping. He’s just slow. That’s what getting old does. However he still has some of the best instincts ever and is very good is the passing game.
[Reply]
oldman 12:56 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He may have lost his wheels a bit but he can still read a play and shoot the gap with the the best in the league.

He's slower yet he's still breaking up passes in coverage and blowing up run plays. He's STILL one of the best ILB's in the game.
This. I've seen a lot of great ILBs in my time and I'd have to say that he's about as good as they get. I hope he says as a coach when his time is up.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up