ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>BI Survey: 18-24 year old Westerners hate sports
Discuss Thrower 07:30 PM 09-21-2017

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:29 PM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Maybe they are burned out by playing 100 games a year as kids growing up?
That would be more appropriate to my brand of millenials rather than this Gen Z/late millenial band.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:32 PM 09-21-2017
My parents believed video games would rot my brain. The only "console" I ever had growing up was an old school Game Boy that my aunt got me for a birthday, and my parents were super pissed at her.

It ended up working out fine, because my folks were determined that I know how to operate a computer from a young age, which means I played a LOOOOOOT of Wolfenstein 3D and Doom. For some reason they didn't give a shit about that because I also used the computer for school. Whatever.

Anyway, to this day, I don't own a Playstation, Xbox, or whatever the fuck it is people my age are supposed to play with in their spare time. A bunch of my friends are big into video games, and I pretty much look at them and go, "Don't fucking care." Because I don't.

It's possible sportswatching habits occur when kids see dad drinking a beer and watching the game. Or when their junior high/high school sports team friends talk about superstars. That's just not happening. Dads are doing other shit with their time even if they have a passing interest in sports. Kids are talking about bullshit like Harambe and video games and other crap on the internet.

Dunno. It's just a blip. Doesn't make it a trend just yet.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:34 PM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
That would be more appropriate to my brand of millenials rather than this Gen Z/late millenial band.
I dont know but its crazy how much they play various sports year round today.
[Reply]
mdstu 09:56 PM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I didn't really watch much sports at that age. That's when you should be busy trying to get laid as much as possible.
Same here. I watched sports during those years, but normally only in social scenarios. MNF and whatnot. I sure as hell didn't stay in on Sat and Sun to watch sports. I was out chasing tail and hanging with friends.

My die hard sports habits probably started around age 25 or later.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:41 PM 09-21-2017
Needs more trannies.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:00 AM 09-22-2017
They don't even play video games. They Watch people play video games.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:03 AM 09-22-2017
Less kids are going out for sports now a days.

1. Society is getting poorer and some of the sports (baseball) can get expensive. This is even more evident in the urban black communities.

2. Kids are too plugged in now a days. I grew up on Nintendo/Super Nintendo/N64 so I'm guilty too, but not to the extent of what it's become now. I was still playing outside about 90% of the summers.
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:05 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Less kids are going out for sports now a days.

1. Society is getting poorer and some of the sports (baseball) can get expensive. This is even more evident in the urban black communities.

2. Kids are too plugged in now a days. I grew up on Nintendo/Super Nintendo/N64 so I'm guilty too, but not to the extent of what it's become now. I was still playing outside about 90% of the summers.
gaming is a whole diffferent thing now days compared to when we were young in the 80's and 90's. Online gaming completely changed everything. People just hang out in groups on discord/teamspeak and what not. Thats their "friends' now days.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:56 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I didn't really watch much sports at that age. That's when you should be busy trying to get laid as much as possible.
Same here. I got really interested in watching sports after I got married.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:02 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
They don't even play video games. They Watch people play video games.
You're shitting me, right?
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:16 AM 09-22-2017
They opened a new "sports" bar in my neighborhood recently, and by sports bar I mean bocce ball, small plates, and craft cocktails. Even the really good craft beer bars here turn their tv's off in the evenings unless it's a local playoff game to shed the whole sports bar label.

Not that I agree with it, just seems to be the trend around me anyway.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:19 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by JoeyChuckles:
Steroids in the French water?
And yet they can't win a war on their own, but they can out run their enemies on retreat.
[Reply]
wazu 06:42 AM 09-22-2017
Maybe they're onto something. Sports fandom is kinda silly when you really think about it.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:50 AM 09-22-2017
Who always dominates the Olympics?
[Reply]
notorious 06:52 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
You're shitting me, right?
He is not shitting you.

For once.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >