ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>BI Survey: 18-24 year old Westerners hate sports
Discuss Thrower 07:30 PM 09-21-2017

[Reply]
lewdog 09:11 PM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Basically we are seeing the very end of the Millennials and the start of Generation Z in that group. Probably just the fucked up end of each group, which seems to be typical across the generations.
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Could be that this group of people's parents are over represented as sports fans and thus their offspring are being contrarian as most children are wont to do.
What about video games? I never really got into them much after high school but the few people I know in their early 20's seem to always be "gaming."
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:14 PM 09-21-2017
Millennials are pussy's.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:17 PM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
What about video games? I never really got into them much after high school but the few people I know in their early 20's seem to always be "gaming."
It is a multibillion dollar industry...
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:18 PM 09-21-2017
I gave video games up after college.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:20 PM 09-21-2017
They had video games back in the 70's?!?!?!?!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:22 PM 09-21-2017
Could be that this group of people's parents are over represented as sports fans and thus their offspring are being contrarian as most children are wont to do.
Don't know. I do know that the teachers I know said the age group described was their worst. The middle school age right now is a pretty good one though ironically.
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:23 PM 09-21-2017
All these kids now days are raised on tablets, parents to fucking lazy to put their kids in sports. Its all about competitive video gaming now days.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:23 PM 09-21-2017
Seems kind of odd.

You know what else is odd? Grown adult males that don't like sports. Like seriously, what do you do with your free time?
If the weather is nice I'd rather go find cool bike trails and ride them.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:23 PM 09-21-2017
They had video games back in the 70's?!?!?!?!
You are off big time on my age. :-)
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:24 PM 09-21-2017
im a huge sports nerd and i love video games im 40. i dont ever plan to stop playing until i get old and arthritis forces me! lol
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:25 PM 09-21-2017
Its competitive gaming, Games like DOTA2, League of Legends, Overwatch, PUBG, CS:GO. All these games gives these young males the competitive feeling WITHOUT being physical.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:27 PM 09-21-2017
Much as I don't want to peg an entire generation as a bunch of pussies, I think there might be something to an idea that these younger kids don't like sports as a product of missing out on socializing with peers in-person because of vidya and because they've been helicopter parented and not allowed to roam free.

Also I wonder if there's a drastic difference between kids born 1995-2001 and 1985-91 where the former group is more likely to be an only child in the family compared to the latter (and earlier generations too). More kids might mean their parents are more inclined to get them out of the house in their elementary / middle school years compared to parents of only children.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:27 PM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
If the weather is nice I'd rather go find cool bike trails and ride them.
Sure but the weather isn't nice all year anywhere.

And me watching the Chiefs and maybe one other game a week doesn't take up that much time.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:28 PM 09-21-2017
Maybe they are burned out by playing 100 games a year as kids growing up?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:29 PM 09-21-2017
Much as I don't want to peg an entire generation as a bunch of pussies, I think there might be something to an idea that these younger kids don't like sports as a product of missing out on socializing with peers in-person because of vidya and because they've been helicopter parented and not allowed to roam free.

Also I wonder if there's a drastic difference between kids born 1995-2001 and 1985-91 where the former group is more likely to be an only child in the family compared to the latter (and earlier generations too). More kids might mean their parents are more inclined to get them out of the house in their elementary / middle school years compared to parents of only children.
You are also looking at Baby Boomer kids vs Generation X kids. Generation X were younger parents during that time frame you laid out.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up