ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Let's discuss your favorite fast food french fries
Simply Red 06:41 PM 09-20-2017
Talk to us about your favorite fast food french fries. I'm okay with Applebee tier fries as well.

For me i'd say it's still McDonalds. Honestly not many just blow me away. I like a steak fry type, I'd say.

But flavor I still give to McDonalds.

couple of reviews:

[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:05 AM 09-21-2017
Sombo's on metcalf
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:26 AM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Five Guys as a fresh potatoe is put throught the cutter when you order
I don't believe this is true. I've never seen any store cut when you order.

They ARE cut daily, but a fresh cut potato wouldn't fry well. It needs a water soak to remove some of the starch.

Every Five Guys I've ever been to has their cut potatoes hanging out in a bucket of ice water.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:28 AM 09-21-2017
I know it's not a popular opinion, but I really like Steak & Shake's shoestring fries. Smashburger's are very similar.

McDonald's fries are just about the only thing there I enjoy.

Wendy's were good until they went the "natural" route a few years ago.

Arby's curly fries are pretty great.

Five Guys are excellent if you order them "well done."
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:30 AM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by mdstu:
White Castle is the most disgusting fast food place ever.

However, I do like their fries and coffee.
You've obviously never been to a Krystal.

It's basically Poverty White Castle.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:40 AM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
You've obviously never been to a Krystal.

It's basically Poverty White Castle.
yup - pure shite
[Reply]
Hydrae 07:50 AM 09-21-2017
Insider tip: If you want fresh fries at any restaurant, ask for them without salt. They have to cook them separately and then you just add your own salt at the table! :-)
[Reply]
sedated 07:56 AM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Insider tip: If you want fresh fries at any restaurant, ask for them without salt. They have to cook them separately and then you just add your own salt at the table! :-)
Wow, an "insider" tip that only 99% of the country already knows.

Or you could just ask for fresh fries and not make them go through the hassle of cleaning the fry station.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:11 AM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by sedated:

Or you could just ask for fresh fries and not make them go through the hassle of cleaning the fry station.
let's be nice here. this isn't an Alex Smith thread. :-)
[Reply]
Hydrae 08:15 AM 09-21-2017

Honestly I have not been an insider for a couple of decades now. My concern with simply asking for fresh fries (especially if you are going through the drive-thru) is that I am not sure I would trust them to honor that. Going saltless you know that they will be fresh.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:20 AM 09-21-2017
When all fries are fresh, McDonald's is the winner. They have mastered the shoestring fry in size, texture, flavor and consistency. No other chain can meet all 4 criteria like McDonald's.
[Reply]
AJKCFAN 08:28 AM 09-21-2017
Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs (best hot dogs too by the way) also has the best fries anywhere and it's not even close.

What's more. You can have regular fries but you can also get it so many other delicious ways.

Hopefully the attachment works so you see for yourself...

Bonus is using that mini red pitch fork. Perfect.
Attached: IMG_1948.JPG (50.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:32 AM 09-21-2017
Crinkle cut fries are great. Have to be extra crispy for me though. A soggy crinkle cut is one of the worst.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:36 AM 09-21-2017

I order without salt ALL THE TIME (not for fresh, but because I actually don't want the salt), and I have never once seen any store ever clean the fry station.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:37 AM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by AJKCFAN:
Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs (best hot dogs too by the way) also has the best fries anywhere and it's not even close.

What's more. You can have regular fries but you can also get it so many other delicious ways.

Hopefully the attachment works so you see for yourself...

Bonus is using that mini red pitch fork. Perfect.
Totally forgot about Nathan's fries. Those are legit.
[Reply]
DC.chief 08:59 AM 09-21-2017
Five Guys cajon fries have good flavor but are too soggy to be the best.

Chik fil-a waffle fries, Arby's curly fries and Checkers seasoned fries are all pretty good.

My fav are from a place called Pizza Bolis. Not sure if that's just a local chain in northern virginia or what but damn those fries are good. Super crispy and seasoned perfectly. Their steak and cheese is tits too.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up