ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Chiefs clip the Eagles media dump thread****
Hammock Parties 02:11 PM 09-17-2017
May as well just do one of these every week, fam.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:03 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Found it in a rookie highlight video. Here ya go.

Conley looks like he's playing a game where he is not allowed to touch an Eagle.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Probably.

I think smith could have stayed on Wilson a bit longer and the lb would have moved. He started to but then jumped back to hill.

I think it comes in time with experience but hill could have settled more to the MOF there to make a bigger lane
Yeah, if there's a complaint it's that he could've sold the underneath route a little better. Just a shoulder fake might've been enough to get the bite since defenses are so used to driving on short routes against him.

Just a little bit of shoulder turn there by Smith and maybe that gets him the step he needed.
[Reply]
O.city 09:08 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, if there's a complaint it's that he could've sold the underneath route a little better. Just a shoulder fake might've been enough to get the bite since defenses are so used to driving on short routes against him.

Just a little bit of shoulder turn there by Smith and maybe that gets him the step he needed.
Thats probably an effect from getting hit a lot. You could tell the clock was sped up for him after a bit and he was uncomfortable .

I was impressed with the eagles DL. It's really young and really good:
[Reply]
RunKC 09:12 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Found it in a rookie highlight video. Here ya go.

Conley looks as shocked as we were that Hunt broke that last tackle and kept going.
[Reply]
O.city 09:18 AM 09-20-2017
https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/09/1...off-its-frame/

Interesting read on Houston. Looks strong like bull
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 09-20-2017
Yeah...that's not a great look.

If you're a WR and those DBs are looking to hit you all day, when Hunt has that ball in the open field, you get your chance to lay hands on them and battle back.

I doubt he could've impacted the play at all but it still suggests a lack of aggression. Meanwhile Hill gets to the sideline and looks for somebody to hit unfortunately he'd lost the angle on 31 already). He stands in there and tries to block a damn LB that has probably 30 lbs on him.

Would like to see Conley be more assertive there for sure.
[Reply]
O.city 09:19 AM 09-20-2017
Eh, seems like a prime example where you could end up blocking someone in the back and getting a dumb penalty
[Reply]
Hydrae 09:20 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Conley looks like he's playing a game where he is not allowed to touch an Eagle.
He looked that way several times this week. I saw one play where Alex was scrambling and there was Conley just standing along the sidelines instead of working to get open to give his QB an out. It makes me think that he may be good at running a route (have not watched, do not know if even this is the case) but beyond that he is lost. Not blocking on Hunt's run here, not working a scramble drill to help his QB, just no idea what to do if it is not in the original script.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:20 AM 09-20-2017
https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2017/09/1...off-its-frame/

Interesting read on Houston. Looks strong like bull
Please let that man stay healthy.

He is so unbelievably good. There's just nothing on the field he doesn't excel at.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM 09-20-2017
Eh, seems like a prime example where you could end up blocking someone in the back and getting a dumb penalty
Sure, if you just throw a shoulder at him. But he was in a position to square up, get inside the guys pads and just drive block him. You give DeSean Jackson that opportunity and he trust to pancake that motherfucker.

Like I said, it almost certainly didn't matter. But Conley's general personality strikes me as being fairly passive. It doesn't surprise me to see that he's not looking for a pound of flesh there, but it sure would've been nice to see it.
[Reply]
O.city 09:39 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sure, if you just throw a shoulder at him. But he was in a position to square up, get inside the guys pads and just drive block him. You give DeSean Jackson that opportunity and he trust to pancake that mother****er.

Like I said, it almost certainly didn't matter. But Conley's general personality strikes me as being fairly passive. It doesn't surprise me to see that he's not looking for a pound of flesh there, but it sure would've been nice to see it.
I dunno about desean but Steve smith is looking for someone there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:41 AM 09-20-2017
I dunno about desean but Steve smith is looking for someone there.
Honestly, I think that's who I was thinking of. In either event, I think Hill might have even gotten his hands dirty.

There are certainly a fair number of WRs out there that do exactly what Conley did on that play. But I don't have to like it. I'd have preferred he go find someone to hit.
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 09-20-2017
Oh for sure. Go nail someone
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 10:24 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
He looked that way several times this week. I saw one play where Alex was scrambling and there was Conley just standing along the sidelines instead of working to get open to give his QB an out. It makes me think that he may be good at running a route (have not watched, do not know if even this is the case) but beyond that he is lost. Not blocking on Hunt's run here, not working a scramble drill to help his QB, just no idea what to do if it is not in the original script.
I remember that play. Smith went to the right and Conley stood still with a defender near him and he didn't move to get open or to get in front of the defender in the event Smith ran. I recall thinking that the Eagles receivers showed some scramble ability when Wentz left the pocket, but not KC.

I know Conley made a nice grab late in the game (on a perfect pass) but I can't help but wonder if Robinson might not be more productive if given a chance.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:44 AM 09-20-2017
I couldn't care less about that play. Conley is on pace for 800 yards and a very reliable #4 option in the passing game. He's also a very solid and willing blocker most of the time.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up