ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Chiefs clip the Eagles media dump thread****
Hammock Parties 02:11 PM 09-17-2017
May as well just do one of these every week, fam.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 09-20-2017
Late throws outside the number aren't really a great idea
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:48 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Tucked the ball? :-)

He exposed himself for a sack when the ball should have come out much, much sooner. But his tunnel vision killed the whole fucking thing. Why act surprised and try to defend it? It's why he's been bad on third down his WHOLE FUCKING CAREER.

You are drifting back into being a Smith homer after an offseason of waking up. It's really sad.
Tunnel vision? Oh for fuck's sake. He saw the open guy underneath and DIDN'T take it. He actually tried to use that open man to draw coverage over.

There was nothing 'tunnel vision' about that play. He had the right idea and the LB sniffed it out. I ask again - what was the right play there? What should he have done on a play where the whole design was to draw the LB down on the crosser to free up the middle?

And you're just buried into the same old mindless weather-vane who waits for popular opinion to emerge so you can latch onto it like grim death and then manipulate GIFs to make a point that others made far better before you. Tell me more about the greatness of Trent Green after you spent a solid year pining for Damon Huard to replace him. You just don't have the foggiest fucking idea what you're talking about.

Somehow after 100,000 posts and countless hours spent following this sport, you still lack a fundamental understanding of what is actually happening on the field. You really are like someone's middle-aged mom who has the game on in the background and then gets really excited when the fans cheer or really mad when we have to punt but has no idea why either of those things occurred.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:50 AM 09-20-2017
Already explained this.

Dump it to Wilson or try to make a throw on the boundary to Conley.

Anything is better than just standing there doing the pants shitting routine before taking a sack.

Might as well have been Matthew Brennan Cassel back there.
Then you're just retarded.

You don't throw late and at the hashes - ever. At best you get Wilson absolutely murdered. And if you throw it to Conley at the boundary it's probably getting housed.

You want bad habits? You just named two of them - throwing an out route after the break or throwing late between the numbers are two absolutely abysmal habits and something that no QB ever will be taught to do (Mahomes won't see the field if that's something he does with regularity).

You're just spewing tripe with no basis in reality.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:51 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you're not gonna throw the out to Conley in the break, yo can't throw it. That's a pick 6 waiting to happen.
Late throws outside the number aren't really a great idea
Ya don't say...

O.city's an evil dentist who gets drunk and goes and hangs out in closed bars during baseball games and even he gets it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:51 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Tunnel vision? Oh for fuck's sake. He saw the open guy underneath and DIDN'T take it. He actually tried to use that open man to draw coverage over.

There was nothing 'tunnel vision' about that play.
Yes there is. He's just staring down Hill and desperately hoping a throwing lane opens up.

Complete and total tunnel vision.

The Chiefs ran the same play in New England for a first down to Reek (on the TD drive before the half) and Smith did the same thing, but it worked because the OL provided him with an ABSURD amount of time instead of just an adequate amount.

What, did you guys actually think Smith was good on third down, suddenly? That's never been true...because he does shit like this.
[Reply]
O.city 08:53 AM 09-20-2017
Ya don't say...

O.city's an evil dentist who gets drunk and goes and hangs out in closed bars during baseball games and even he gets it.
To be honest, I wasn't at the closed bar, I thought I was.

Easy mistake
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:53 AM 09-20-2017
At best you get Wilson absolutely murdered.
Wrong. At best, Wilson PICKS UP THE FIRST DOWN becaus he puts a move on that safety.

Dumping it there is 100% a better option than taking a sack.

You have reverted to full homer status on our QB because of Week 1, and now have blinders for a clearly pedestrian Week 2.

Like I said, sad. And you were doing so well.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 09-20-2017
If you're gonna throw it to Wilson, it's gotta be early. Otherwise he's getting his clock cleaned. If Wilson catches it and dives upfield he could possibly get the first down.

More likely he runs backwards for no gain.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:56 AM 09-20-2017
Yes there is. He's just staring down Hill and desperately hoping a throwing lane opens up.

Complete and total tunnel vision.

The Chiefs ran the same play in New England for a first down to Reek (on the TD drive before the half) and Smith did the same thing, but it worked because the OL provided him with an ABSURD amount of time instead of just an adequate amount.

What, did you guys actually think Smith was good on third down, suddenly? That's never been true...because he does shit like this.
Hill was the last card in the deck, man.

Again, throwing to Wilson early would've gotten him barbecued by YOU in particular because it's a checkdown (you'd have said that the LB was getting ready to bite on Wilson to free up Hill, don't even deny it). And since the crosser was almost certainly a decoy to free up Hill, he's the 2nd read. By the time the LB doesn't bite, the 3rd ready (Conley) has finished his route and you're looking at little more than a scramble drill because the boundary just isn't there anymore.

You keep wanting to make this more than it is - I haven't convinced myself of anything regarding his long-term outlook. Smith has looked good for 4-5 game stretches and there's no reason to believe this is anything more than that - just a good stretch at the start of the year rather than the middle/end that could be nothing more than a false start.

But you still have to view each individual game and each individual play in a vacuum. In a vacuum, I don't care how his normal 3rd down conversion rate is because it's not material to this particular play and how it was run. He did everything right here.

And yet there you sit, complaining as per usual. Because you don't understand what you're watching.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:57 AM 09-20-2017
Clay always seems like he has at least a little bit of a point when the team is struggling. When Alex performs well, though, it becomes clear pretty quickly that he has no idea what he's talking about.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM 09-20-2017
If you're gonna throw it to Wilson, it's gotta be early. Otherwise he's getting his clock cleaned. If Wilson catches it and dives upfield he could possibly get the first down.

More likely he runs backwards for no gain.
Exactly - gotta throw that on time or not at all.

And once Wilson (who's shockingly bad at driving upfield after the catch; not sure how I never noticed how much wasted movement he has as he catches the ball) spins the wrong way or stutter steps for no reason rather than just driving upfield and he gets brought down 3 yards short of the sticks, Clay starts going off about how Smith needed to throw Hill open or something equally inane.

It's amazing to me that Clay is calling out bad habits while simultaneously requesting that Smith have done his absolute WORST habit, which was throwing early and short of the marker on 3rd down.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 09-20-2017
He did everything right here.
:-)

Well he set up the punter with that designed sack for sure. Which is good enough for some.

All part of an elite performance.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:01 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Clay always seems like he has at least a little bit of a point when the team is struggling. When Alex performs well, though, it becomes clear pretty quickly that he has no idea what he's talking about.
That's a good point.

It's definitely a 'stopped clock' kind of thing. He's going to bitch and moan about everything anyway and when the team isn't playing well, they fall into whatever dour claims he was going to make about them anyway.

But when they're actually doing things well, he's still bitching and moaning and trying his same old tired saws and they just don't apply at all.

And he doesn't grasp it because, as you noted, he simply has no idea what he's yammering on about.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 09-20-2017
Exactly - gotta throw that on time or not at all.

And once Wilson (who's shockingly bad at driving upfield after the catch; not sure how I never noticed how much wasted movement he has as he catches the ball) spins the wrong way or stutter steps for no reason rather than just driving upfield and he gets brought down 3 yards short of the sticks, Clay starts going off about how Smith needed to throw Hill open or something equally inane.

It's amazing to me that Clay is calling out bad habits while simultaneously requesting that Smith have done his absolute WORST habit, which was throwing early and short of the marker on 3rd down.
Probably.

I think smith could have stayed on Wilson a bit longer and the lb would have moved. He started to but then jumped back to hill.

I think it comes in time with experience but hill could have settled more to the MOF there to make a bigger lane
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 AM 09-20-2017
That's a good point.

It's definitely a 'stopped clock' kind of thing. He's going to bitch and moan about everything anyway and when the team isn't playing well, they fall into whatever dour claims he was going to make about them anyway.

But when they're actually doing things well, he's still bitching and moaning and trying his same old tired saws and they just don't apply at all.

And he doesn't grasp it because, as you noted, he simply has no idea what he's yammering on about.
This just isn't true. I wasn't like this last week.

But when the offense is crap for a half and Smith inparticular can't get the team into the end zone for 3.5 quarters, yeah I'm gonna bitch.

An entire fucking game with only two third downs converted via the pass?

Sorry, not into that.

Feel free to lower your own standards.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up