ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Chiefs clip the Eagles media dump thread****
Hammock Parties 02:11 PM 09-17-2017
May as well just do one of these every week, fam.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:17 PM 09-19-2017
Like, you can say what you want, but we've got maybe the greatest deep threat in the NFL on our team, who also happens to be an incredibly instinctive route runner.

And we've got one of the NFL's worst downfield passers during the last decade, who only hit two of those passes to Tyreek Hill last season.

I think I know where I'm assigning the blame.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:19 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That's not a "true vertical," though. It's not a straight 9 route.

He puts two moves on the corner (you can't see the first one because I cut it out). He's *supposed* to break it inside.

Smith missed him.
You can't make that statement at ALL.

No, it wasn't a 9, but it was a double move and a go. Why is there any reason to believe that he's supposed to run a 'meandering middle' route there? If he ran a true post, maybe I'd buy it. But 'eh, just kinda slide a little to your right as you run' isn't any kind of pass pattern I've ever seen. You don't just drift in a planned route and that's what Hill did there.

If he's supposed to break it inside, he'd have a harder break than that.

You have to run at defined angles on timing/deep pass routes. A 7 degree break from center isn't any sort of defined angle. He just drifted - you're never taught that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:22 PM 09-19-2017
And he does slow up a bit shortly after the 20. Remember that Hill is a 'foot fire' player in how he generates his speed, yet there his stride slows down. He doesn't gain/maintain acceleration the same way Conley does - those big long strides yet that's what he does a little there; his stride slows into almost a distance lope. Look at about the 18, right after he gets inside - that's not full tilt Hill at all. And around the 9 he picks it back up again but too late to save it.

They just weren't on the same page there. It happens.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:24 PM 09-19-2017
Like, you can say what you want, but we've got maybe the greatest deep threat in the NFL on our team, who also happens to be an incredibly instinctive route runner.

And we've got one of the NFL's worst downfield passers during the last decade, who only hit two of those passes to Tyreek Hill last season.

I think I know where I'm assigning the blame.
So you won't critically examine the play but rather just go with your usual ad hominems. Got it.

There are clear, simple football explanations as to why your vision of this play doesn't check out. You're welcome to ignore them if you'd like.
[Reply]
O.city 01:30 PM 09-19-2017
It does look like he slowed a step about the 20 but I think that may be the stream?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:31 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So you won't critically examine the play but rather just go with your usual ad hominems. Got it.

There are clear, simple football explanations as to why your vision of this play doesn't check out. You're welcome to ignore them if you'd like.
Naw, man. C'mon.

The route is going to the inside, and Smith leads him up the field.

He just missed it. Which...is what he does.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:37 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If he ran a true post, maybe I'd buy it.
It's a skinny post.
[Reply]
O.city 01:59 PM 09-19-2017
If it's any kind of post, it was a bad route I'd think. I'm not really sure what it was
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:14 PM 09-19-2017
It's a skinny post.
Then it's a shitty skinny post. He never made a cut, he just slowly drifted. A skinny post and he'd have hammered off that left foot to create even more space there - he didn't. He rolled the hell out of it and simply never flattened out.

It looks a hell of a lot more like he just didn't run a precise route, figured it out around the 20 and couldn't get himself back on track, hence his slowing up around the 18.

Whatever it is, it's not done well. And to believe it was a skinny post you'd have to say that Smith didn't just miss by the 2 feet that the 'overthrow' appears to be, but rather by probably 5 yards or so.

Nah, I can either go with "Hill's route was imprecise so the throw missed by 2-3 feet" or "Hill ran a bad skinny post and the throw missed by 4-5 yards".

The former is far more likely.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:15 PM 09-19-2017
The more i watch the Chiefs vs Eagles game the more i see that Alex Smith got pounded all game.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:31 PM 09-19-2017
If Hill doesn't turn his head to watch for the ball at 20 yards out his run stays straight and he is in the right spot to catch the ball. At the 20 he turns his head to watch and starts drifting inside.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:45 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Need a gif of that kick ass run by Hunt down the right sideline.
Found it in a rookie highlight video. Here ya go.

[Reply]
penbrook 04:50 PM 09-19-2017
I have a hard time believing that Smith overthrew Hill
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:33 PM 09-19-2017
Just thinking and this is off-topic a little - but man - that Hunt draft pick was so incredibly done. Very good job by them. I knew he'd be something special.
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:24 PM 09-19-2017
Looks like the safety (23) grabbed his hammy about the time it looked like Hill was going to haul that in for a TD.

I'm not an Alexual by any means, but I'm not a hater either. It just kills me the lengths that some go to discredit him. Look there is plenty of evidence from over the years that Alex is not an elite QB. This clip is not one of them.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up