ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 21
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Feature: Up/Down Voting Posts
Bearcat 04:58 PM 09-14-2017
We have been playing around with up/down vote functionality for the past couple of weeks and just activated it in the Lounge prior to this thread.

1. Everyone can vote a post up or down. The vote totals themselves show up on the bottom right of the post. You can't vote on your own posts (the up/down vote is hidden), but you will see the totals once it's voted on.
2. If a post meets some criteria for being "good," the post will be given a yellow border (so that others are drawn to the "good posts" in a big thread).
3. Similarly, if a post meets some criteria for a "bad post," it will be shaded. If a post meets criteria for a "terrible post," it will be shown collapsed with a red bar. The red bar of a collapsed post shows the user's name, and you can click a button at the right to show the post.
4. This functionality doesn't mess with the order of posts.

I'm using "some criteria" only because we're sure it'll change. The border, shading, and collapsed posts are based on the difference between up and down votes, not a total number of one or the other. We'll be making adjustments based on usage, especially with collapsed posts.

We have questions about whether it'll work here vs a place like reddit. A few of us like the idea while others have brought up legitimate concerns. In the end, we decided to roll it out, at least temporarily.

This is a trial run.

We'll give it a week or two depending on how things go, then we'll put it to a vote as long as it's not an obviously terrible idea. The goal is make threads a little easier to scroll through -- easier to find the best contributions and easier to scroll past the trolling and derailments. We aren't out to completely hide posts and will adjust as needed to keep that percentage really low, or based on your feedback.
[Reply]
JakeLV 09:52 PM 09-14-2017
Can I control which posts are auto hidden or set the number necessary before the post is auto hidden? If that's by user, I think it would make sense.

I come here to watch the world burn and would hate for specific posters to be downvotes into oblivion.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:13 PM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by JakeLV:
Can I control which posts are auto hidden or set the number necessary before the post is auto hidden? If that's by user, I think it would make sense.

I come here to watch the world burn and would hate for specific posters to be downvotes into oblivion.
Easy answer: no. None of this can be user-configurable.
[Reply]
EPodolak 11:05 PM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by ModCat:
Is there such thing as a "good" post in DC? Want us to just put a thumbs down icon in DC?
Heh, this one gets my first ever upvote.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:29 PM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Easy answer: no. None of this can be user-configurable.
And that's why it sucks. It's just another layer of group-think censorship.
[Reply]
007 01:02 AM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You're fucked, Tiger.
Except for the damn people that quote him. Then we have to double down.
[Reply]
TLO 05:48 AM 09-15-2017
Hey guys

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:18 AM 09-15-2017
Damn.

[Reply]
eDave 06:47 AM 09-15-2017

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:22 AM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Great another fucking mob tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:22 AM 09-15-2017
What, is it over already?
[Reply]
Graystoke 07:28 AM 09-15-2017
I like boobs
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:34 AM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Kinda sucks I have to go back to see how poorly my posts are doing. Any way we can add a running count to our user CP?

[Reply]
bigjosh 07:42 AM 09-15-2017
Finally a good reason to have a bunch of downvote gifs.

[Reply]
DaFace 08:09 AM 09-15-2017
Who the fuck is downvoting the boobs? :-)
[Reply]
oldman 08:19 AM 09-15-2017
Just my opinion, but I think it's kind of redundant and of little value.

And yeah, just who IS voting down boobs!! That's just flat out un-American.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 21
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up