ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 21
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Feature: Up/Down Voting Posts
Bearcat 04:58 PM 09-14-2017
We have been playing around with up/down vote functionality for the past couple of weeks and just activated it in the Lounge prior to this thread.

1. Everyone can vote a post up or down. The vote totals themselves show up on the bottom right of the post. You can't vote on your own posts (the up/down vote is hidden), but you will see the totals once it's voted on.
2. If a post meets some criteria for being "good," the post will be given a yellow border (so that others are drawn to the "good posts" in a big thread).
3. Similarly, if a post meets some criteria for a "bad post," it will be shaded. If a post meets criteria for a "terrible post," it will be shown collapsed with a red bar. The red bar of a collapsed post shows the user's name, and you can click a button at the right to show the post.
4. This functionality doesn't mess with the order of posts.

I'm using "some criteria" only because we're sure it'll change. The border, shading, and collapsed posts are based on the difference between up and down votes, not a total number of one or the other. We'll be making adjustments based on usage, especially with collapsed posts.

We have questions about whether it'll work here vs a place like reddit. A few of us like the idea while others have brought up legitimate concerns. In the end, we decided to roll it out, at least temporarily.

This is a trial run.

We'll give it a week or two depending on how things go, then we'll put it to a vote as long as it's not an obviously terrible idea. The goal is make threads a little easier to scroll through -- easier to find the best contributions and easier to scroll past the trolling and derailments. We aren't out to completely hide posts and will adjust as needed to keep that percentage really low, or based on your feedback.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:55 PM 09-14-2017
You can't upvote/downvote OPs?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:55 PM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
If we could automate the system that would be outstanding.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
TimBone 05:57 PM 09-14-2017
Can as many people as possible please downvote post #3? I want to see the effects in action so I can see if they affect the forum on tapatalk.

Also, it doesn't show who is doing the up/down voting at all, huh?

Edit: Sorry, daface. I only mentioned your post because it already had the most downvotes.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:57 PM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You can't upvote/downvote OPs?
That would screw with the flow of the conversation. You'll have to settle for shaming the author of the OP into deleting it.
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 05:57 PM 09-14-2017
I don't see them. Is it because I'm running the black beta skin? Mobile? iOS? Denver thing?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:02 PM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
You are either a really really nice guy, a cuck or gay beyond belief. :-)

Did you not know how to NEG REP someone? :-)
I know how.

Just feel like I'd rather call them an asshole in public rather than hiding behind rep.

JMO.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:03 PM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by ModBone:
Can as many people as possible please downvote post #3? I want to see the effects in action so I can see if they affect the forum on tapatalk.

Also, it doesn't show who is doing the up/down voting at all, huh?

Edit: Sorry, daface. I only mentioned your post because it already had the most downvotes.
11 downvotes and I can still see that bitch.

WTF, Face?

:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:04 PM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco:
I don't see them. Is it because I'm running the black beta skin? Mobile? iOS? Denver thing?
It's because of the black template... I can add it, but not sure how well they'll show up with that background.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:05 PM 09-14-2017
Black beta skin?

Once you go black...
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:07 PM 09-14-2017
Blame it on Smellway. Fuck Donk Forever.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:11 PM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
11 downvotes and I can still see that bitch.

WTF, Face?

:-)
As of right now it has 4 ups and 13 downs. So it has a net rating of negative nine. From the OP:

The border, shading, and collapsed posts are based on the difference between up and down votes, not a total number of one or the other.

Everybody's gotta thumb a little harder here.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:13 PM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
As of right now it has 4 ups and 13 downs. So it has a net rating of negative nine. From the OP:

The border, shading, and collapsed posts are based on the difference between up and down votes, not a total number of one or the other.

Everybody's gotta thumb a little harder here.
Still, that's a pretty negative ratio. That's like 75% negative.

WTF does it take?
[Reply]
Hydrae 06:13 PM 09-14-2017
At a deficit of 11 post 3 went gray.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:14 PM 09-14-2017
You should see them now.
[Reply]
Hydrae 06:14 PM 09-14-2017
At work style does not have vote buttons. That is my default! :-)

It also does not change post #3 with this style
[Reply]
Page 3 of 21
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up