ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 21
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Feature: Up/Down Voting Posts
Bearcat 04:58 PM 09-14-2017
We have been playing around with up/down vote functionality for the past couple of weeks and just activated it in the Lounge prior to this thread.

1. Everyone can vote a post up or down. The vote totals themselves show up on the bottom right of the post. You can't vote on your own posts (the up/down vote is hidden), but you will see the totals once it's voted on.
2. If a post meets some criteria for being "good," the post will be given a yellow border (so that others are drawn to the "good posts" in a big thread).
3. Similarly, if a post meets some criteria for a "bad post," it will be shaded. If a post meets criteria for a "terrible post," it will be shown collapsed with a red bar. The red bar of a collapsed post shows the user's name, and you can click a button at the right to show the post.
4. This functionality doesn't mess with the order of posts.

I'm using "some criteria" only because we're sure it'll change. The border, shading, and collapsed posts are based on the difference between up and down votes, not a total number of one or the other. We'll be making adjustments based on usage, especially with collapsed posts.

We have questions about whether it'll work here vs a place like reddit. A few of us like the idea while others have brought up legitimate concerns. In the end, we decided to roll it out, at least temporarily.

This is a trial run.

We'll give it a week or two depending on how things go, then we'll put it to a vote as long as it's not an obviously terrible idea. The goal is make threads a little easier to scroll through -- easier to find the best contributions and easier to scroll past the trolling and derailments. We aren't out to completely hide posts and will adjust as needed to keep that percentage really low, or based on your feedback.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:35 PM 09-19-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
They should just call it the "Smith Button".

Because it sucks.
I was thinking this should be called the SDH feature since your posts seem to be the only ones in danger of being hidden.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:07 AM 09-20-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If you can show me one football-related post that has become highlighted in gold this week since we put in the trial period for the new feature, I'll concede my point.

People aren't using the feature. That's why it will stink. And if they do use it, it will probably be somebody bashing a poster who's being a dumbass.
No, you're correct. Not a lot of people are using it. I have been but that's me. It's easier for me to "like" a post rather than quoting it and posting "This" or "Exactly".

So, if not a lot of people are using it, the golden/shaded/hidden posts aren't going to be an issue at all. Personally, I think it's a thing that will take some time to catch on.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05:30 PM 09-21-2017
nobody is using this. Another failed experiment by the Mods.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:55 PM 09-21-2017

[Reply]
eDave 07:12 PM 09-21-2017
This was fun for like 5 minutes.
[Reply]
threebag 07:36 PM 09-21-2017
It's not too bad.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:34 PM 09-21-2017
If nobody is using it, then it doesn't make any difference if it's there or not.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:53 PM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by ModCat:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
If nobody is using it, then it doesn't make any difference if it's there or not.
And more fail
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:14 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
And more fail

[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 04:52 PM 09-22-2017
I like this feature. It's useful, easy, and fast.
[Reply]
threebag 05:46 PM 09-22-2017
Think he's been hit for his Jordan's yet?
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:05 AM 09-23-2017
No, you're correct. Not a lot of people are using it. I have been but that's me. It's easier for me to "like" a post rather than quoting it and posting "This" or "Exactly".

So, if not a lot of people are using it, the golden/shaded/hidden posts aren't going to be an issue at all. Personally, I think it's a thing that will take some time to catch on.
You're missing out on adding to your post count.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:35 AM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
You're missing out on adding to your post count.
For some of us that's no longer a positive.

It just dawned on me that I've been a member here longer than some members have been alive...
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:15 AM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
For some of us that's no longer a positive.

It just dawned on me that I've been a member here longer than some members have been alive...
I was in my 30's when this place came about. 30's! :-)
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:17 PM 09-25-2017
Cmon, let me rate posts again, I will behave :-)
[Reply]
Page 15 of 21
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up