ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sean Smith loses starting CB job
The Franchise 12:27 PM 08-17-2017
NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports Raiders CB Sean Smith has lost his job to T.J. Carrie.

This started to happen at the beginning of camp, and now it looks official. Signed to a four-year, $40-million contract last March, Smith rebounded somewhat after being burnt to a crisp and benched his first game with the Raiders, but things have apparently not improved this offseason. He is still seeing snaps in nickel packages, but that may change once first-rounder Gareon Conley (leg) returns to health.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:27 AM 09-11-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Has nothing to do with Mariota. It has everything to do with the fact that the Titans wanted to run the ball and control the clock......and the Titans have no burners at WR.
Titans fans think he's average...his arm strength will prevent him from being elite. He looked like a middle-of-the-road QB to me...

They put up 13 points on a bottom 5 defense...
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:42 AM 09-11-2017
Has nothing to do with Mariota. It has everything to do with the fact that the Titans wanted to run the ball and control the clock......and the Titans have no burners at WR.
That no small quick receivers thing is probably the biggest reason why Sean didn't look like flung dung.

Though he actually made some good tackles for a change as well.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:30 AM 09-22-2017

Highest graded CBs through two weeks pic.twitter.com/XwvAbm2w3u

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) September 22, 2017

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:35 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Titans fans think he's average...his arm strength will prevent him from being elite. He looked like a middle-of-the-road QB to me...

They put up 13 points on a bottom 5 defense...
Mariota just has Alex Smith stamped all over him. So much of what he does is exactly what I'd have expected out of a completely healthy Smith in his early years, especially with that 'exotic smashmouth' offense or whatever the hell the Titans are calling it.

If he ends up with total command of an offense, he can probably be a fringe top 10 quarterback someday depending on scheme/surrounding talent. If he's ever asked to go play in a system like Arians, he'll fail.

But there are at least a dozen quarterbacks in the league I'd take over him for now and in the future. For every Ben Roethlisberger who I'd rather have than him now, I can find a Pat Mahomes that I'd rather have than Mariota in 3 years when Ben has fallen off. He's just going to constantly sit in that middle ground as an athletic QB with limited arm talent who will need to play extremely smart to succeed.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 08:37 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

There's a guy named Quandre on the Lions? I think that's the bigger discussion here.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:45 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mariota just has Alex Smith stamped all over him.
Being top 5 in TD percentage and yards per completion, and top 10 in sack percentage, is totally like Alex.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:16 AM 09-22-2017
Marriotta has been ass this year and the Raiders just played the Jets. Of course Sean Smith looks good against that competition.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:36 AM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Marriotta has been ass this year and the Raiders just played the Jets. Of course Sean Smith looks good against that competition.
Exactly, it is laughable how some posters on here jack off over the flawed PFF ratings. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:52 AM 09-22-2017
Sean Smith has played the slow Titan's WRs and the garbage WRs of the Jets. We'll see how he does against Pryor, Thomas, and Allen in the upcoming weeks. He's fucked if he has to cover Hill when he plays us.
[Reply]
cmdrzman 12:54 PM 09-22-2017
Sean Smith has seen his last year in Oakland.. Raiders 1st rd pick Gareon Conley played his 1st game last week and is everything they thought he was when they took him in rd 1

Gareon Conley is going to have a great career in the NFL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkNPixJzXfs
[Reply]
staylor26 01:39 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by cmdrzman:
Sean Smith has seen his last year in Oakland.. Raiders 1st rd pick Gareon Conley played his 1st game last week and is everything they thought he was when they took him in rd 1

Based off of one game against the Jets?

:-)
[Reply]
cmdrzman 03:56 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Based off of one game against the Jets?

:-)

Double standards I see? This whole board lost its frekin mind over Mahomes 1st pre-season game against players that aren't even in the league anymore...
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:01 PM 09-22-2017
Sean Smith has played the slow Titan's WRs and the garbage WRs of the Jets. We'll see how he does against Pryor, Thomas, and Allen in the upcoming weeks. He's ****ed if he has to cover Hill when he plays us.
Pryor doesn't look like the same guy he was in Brown-Town. And Cousins has yet to get it together this season. Doubt Sean Smith will look any worse after the 'skins game.
[Reply]
TEX 04:50 PM 09-22-2017
Originally Posted by cmdrzman:

Well, he did look good, but it was the Jets...Honestly, I think he's going to be very good and I hate him and you for that! :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:18 PM 09-22-2017
He might be a good corner some day if he stops raping
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up