ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sean Smith loses starting CB job
The Franchise 12:27 PM 08-17-2017
NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports Raiders CB Sean Smith has lost his job to T.J. Carrie.

This started to happen at the beginning of camp, and now it looks official. Signed to a four-year, $40-million contract last March, Smith rebounded somewhat after being burnt to a crisp and benched his first game with the Raiders, but things have apparently not improved this offseason. He is still seeing snaps in nickel packages, but that may change once first-rounder Gareon Conley (leg) returns to health.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:28 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Smith a prototypical press/man CB...playing him in off coverage is counter intuitive. He cant run with smaller fast WRs...His strength is knocking them off their route.

He was set-up to fail in Oakland...I dont remember him getting torched in KC..really ever.

They are down a starting CB...makes my heart warm.
Ken Norton Jr must not be all that smart. He has some good, physical press corners and he had them play off all last year, and looks like he's starting with the same crap this year.

I'm really hoping KNJ gets demoted/booted and we move Pagano into the DC role.
[Reply]
In58men 01:36 PM 08-17-2017
Free agency sucks balls, big reason why I don't give a shit about it. Players just wanna be played. Don't give me that Peyton Manning shit either, one in a million type player.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:51 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Ken Norton Jr must not be all that smart. He has some good, physical press corners and he had them play off all last year, and looks like he's starting with the same crap this year.

I'm really hoping KNJ gets demoted/booted and we move Pagano into the DC role.
I sometimes wonder how good some coaches are about combining talent and scheme. You can pick up a talented player in free agency, but if he doesn't fit your scheme he's going to underperform. It seems like a simple concept, but I have to think that it's why some players appear to fail in free agency (or for that matter, the draft) when they were initially thriving.
[Reply]
cmdrzman 02:19 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
Oakland is where careers go to die. (after getting one last payday)
Ya mean like Standford Routt?

Smiths contract was only guaranteed 2 years- so hes gone after the year with no cap dead money- Figures he was ass- he came from KC
[Reply]
cmdrzman 02:20 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Nice to confirm that Oakland is still run by a bunch of butt****ing morons.
Jeremy Maclin
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:21 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by cmdrzman:
Ya mean like Standford Routt?

Smiths contract was only guaranteed 2 years- so hes gone after the year with no cap dead money- Figures he was ass- he came from KC
No, Norton is ass...they had to bring in Pagano to cover for him.

Del Rio isn't a championship level coach...never has been. They already axed Musgrave...I guess they didn't want to fire both coordinators in the same off-season. These are Junk Del Rio's hires....
[Reply]
cmdrzman 02:23 PM 08-17-2017
24th pick overall Ohios CB Gareon Conley was drafted to replace that stiff Smith... And he's looked great in camp.. little nicked up now but he's back at practice...
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:25 PM 08-17-2017
24th pick overall Ohios CB Gareon Conley was drafted to replace that stiff Smith... And he's looked great in camp.. little nicked up now but he's back at practice...
**** off...he hasn't even practiced this entire camp.

He looks good riding an exercise bike?

I hope Oakland puts a rookie CB out there with no training camp...
[Reply]
staylor26 02:48 PM 08-17-2017
**** off...he hasn't even practiced this entire camp.

He looks good riding an exercise bike?

I hope Oakland puts a rookie CB out there with no training camp...
Yea that is fucking hillarious.

Conley hasn't even practiced but he looked "great" :-)
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:50 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea that is ****ing hillarious.

Conley hasn't even practiced but he looked "great" :-)
Perhaps cmdrzman thought he looked fetching in sweats
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:00 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Nice to confirm that Oakland is still run by a bunch of butt****ing morons.
I love cross thread humor.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:10 PM 08-17-2017
At least knowmo is useful.

You're just a butt-fucking idiot, cumdumpman.

Between raping women and riding a stationary bike, ol' Gayreon hasn't had time to practice.
[Reply]
Buckweath 03:28 PM 08-17-2017
OK name me big-bodied cornerbacks who are or were any good past the age of 30. Will you?

Sean Smith has just turned 30.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:29 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
OK name me big-bodied cornerbacks who are or were any good past the age of 30. Will you?

Sean Smith has just turned 30.
Uhm, why should we? Who gives a shit.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 03:32 PM 08-17-2017

Del Rio isn't a championship level coach...never has been. They already axed Musgrave...I guess they didn't want to fire both coordinators in the same off-season. These are Junk Del Rio's hires....
Del Rio - axe :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up