ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Training Camp Roster Projection
Direckshun 01:47 PM 08-06-2017
You get 53 players. Let's see what you can do.

QB: Smith, Mahomes, Bray
RB: Ware, Hunt, Spiller, West
FB: Sherman

WR: Hill, Conley, Wilson, Robinson, Chesson, S. Jones
TE: Kelce, Harris, Escobar

LT: Fisher, Schwartz
LG: Witzmann, Ehinger
C: Morse, Fulton
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Fulton
RT Schwartz, Reid

DE: Jones, Nunez-Roches, Jenkins
NT: Logan, Miller, Nunez-Roches
DE: Bailey, Kpassagnon

OLB: Ford, Hali
ILB: Wilson, March, Pierre-Louis
ILB: Johnson, Eligwe
OLB: Houston, Zombo

CB: Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Gaines, White
S: Berry, Parker, Sorensen, Murray

K: Santos
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester

That's 53.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:26 AM 08-31-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Kemp has also made several good special teams plays.

For our 7th WR, that's probably more pressing than any rapport with our backup QB.
I'm projecting six receivers
[Reply]
O.city 09:37 AM 08-31-2017
Jones hasn't done much in games. I dunno that he makes it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:48 AM 08-31-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think the injury is more severe than they've let on.

Personally, I'd rather see him on the PS than on IR.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:22 PM 08-31-2017
I'm leaning that way as well, especially since he's not playing tonight. I'll probably nix him after the 4th game. I don't see him making the club off nothing more than some camp reports. Not when Kemp has established himself as a solid STer in actual game situations while also making a couple of plays on offense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:27 PM 08-31-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I'm projecting six receivers
You're carrying one more OL than I am - you're keeping Devey on the roster, I'm using the spot on a WR.

Otherwise we have a pretty similar general construction.

Devey's a 29 yr old UDFA with a nothing of a career. I see no way he makes the roster given the raw numbers we can throw at the interior OL. Moreover, they could cut him loose and he'll just sit on the street for awhile. If they need him, they'll re-sign him (more likely they'll just call up Mama from the PS). I don't see a home for him.

I'm not wholly convinced they carry 7 WRs either; could see them trying to hold onto another OLB. Or...sadly...Jah Reid. But I've been trying to get rid of him since week 1 and Erving is my light at the end of the tunnel so I'm going to hold onto the dream.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:30 PM 08-31-2017
You're carrying one more OL than I am - you're keeping Devey on the roster, I'm using the spot on a WR.

Otherwise we have a pretty similar general construction.

Devey's a 29 yr old UDFA with a nothing of a career. I see no way he makes the roster given the raw numbers we can throw at the interior OL. Moreover, they could cut him loose and he'll just sit on the street for awhile. If they need him, they'll re-sign him (more likely they'll just call up Mama from the PS). I don't see a home for him.
While don't disagree, I'm actually using Devey as a "placeholder" because I think the Chiefs will carry nine offensive lineman going into the season.

I'm not wholly convinced they carry 7 WRs either; could see them trying to hold onto another OLB. Or...sadly...Jah Reid. But I've been trying to get rid of him since week 1 and Erving is my light at the end of the tunnel so I'm going to hold onto the dream.
Well, that's the other thing: As much as we all would like to see Jah Reid cut, I'm just not certain that they can find someone off the waiver wire to replace him.

In theory, it seems like it would be easy but with their waiver priority so low, it might be difficult.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:46 PM 08-31-2017
While don't disagree, I'm actually using Devey as a "placeholder" because I think the Chiefs will carry nine offensive lineman going into the season.

Well, that's the other thing: As much as we all would like to see Jah Reid cut, I'm just not certain that they can find someone off the waiver wire to replace him.

In theory, it seems like it would be easy but with their waiver priority so low, it might be difficult.
You look at the Mahomes GIF thread? Every one of those scramble drills that Mahomes was in was become Reid got beat like a rented mule. And this was AFTER I had already decided that he needed to get cut. He was easily that bad in weeks 1 and 2.

Yes, they can upgrade on Jah Reid. It would be impossible not to be able to do so. He's truly awful.
[Reply]
O.city 01:12 PM 08-31-2017
I saw that the Seahawks are trying to move Jeremy lane and Alex Collins. That could be a two birds with one stone kinda move
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:12 PM 08-31-2017
You look at the Mahomes GIF thread? Every one of those scramble drills that Mahomes was in was become Reid got beat like a rented mule. And this was AFTER I had already decided that he needed to get cut. He was easily that bad in weeks 1 and 2.

Yes, they can upgrade on Jah Reid. It would be impossible not to be able to do so. He's truly awful.
I hope you're right. There's such a dearth of capable offensive lineman in 2017.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:56 PM 08-31-2017
I saw that the Seahawks are trying to move Jeremy lane and Alex Collins. That could be a two birds with one stone kinda move
I'd definitely kick the tires on Lane. He may not have much left at this point but he's at least worth some film study.

Collins...eh, didn't care for him out of the draft and ultimately don't know that he'd be any kind of improvement. Again, I guess I'd be willing to look at tape on him to change my mind but I never recall thinking that he's anything more than a guy who would ultimately be a product of his system. If that's the case, I'm not sure what purpose he really serves here.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:02 PM 08-31-2017
I don't get the Alex Collins thing. He was a 5th round rookie last year that had 125 yards rushing. Who's giving up a pick for that guy? Waiver wire, maybe.

Lane's too expensive. His cap hit is $5.25 million this year and $7.25 next year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:41 PM 08-31-2017
I don't get the Alex Collins thing. He was a 5th round rookie last year that had 125 yards rushing. Who's giving up a pick for that guy? Waiver wire, maybe.

Lane's too expensive. His cap hit is $5.25 million this year and $7.25 next year.
"Trying to move" means "will be cut by Sunday".

I'm not saying absorb Lane's contract - I'm saying wait until the Hawks cut him and give him a look.
[Reply]
O.city 02:42 PM 08-31-2017
I liked Collins at Arkansas. No clue what he is now.

Would lane be subject to wavers or like Haden?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:48 PM 08-31-2017
Would lane be subject to wavers or like Haden?
"Trying to move" means "will be cut by Sunday".

I'm not saying absorb Lane's contract - I'm saying wait until the Hawks cut him and give him a look.
He'd be cut and not subject to waivers.

The Seahawks would take a $5.25 million Dead Cap charge with no Cap relief.

Considering they only have $8.3 in Cap Space, I'd be surprised if he's cut.

I'd swap him for Hali, although the Seahawks would never make that trade.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:43 PM 08-31-2017
QB(3): Smith, Mahomes, Bray
RB(3): Hunt, West, Spiller
FB(1): Sherman

WR(7): Hill, Conley, Wilson, DAT, Chesson, Robinson, Kemp
TE(3): Kelce, Harris, Escobar

OT(3): Fisher, Schwartz, Erving
G(3): LDT, Ehinger, Witzmann
C (2): Morse, Fulton

DE(4): Jones, Bailey, Jenkins, K-Pass
DT(3): Logan, Nunez-Roches, King