ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Training Camp Roster Projection
Direckshun 01:47 PM 08-06-2017
You get 53 players. Let's see what you can do.

QB: Smith, Mahomes, Bray
RB: Ware, Hunt, Spiller, West
FB: Sherman

WR: Hill, Conley, Wilson, Robinson, Chesson, S. Jones
TE: Kelce, Harris, Escobar

LT: Fisher, Schwartz
LG: Witzmann, Ehinger
C: Morse, Fulton
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, Fulton
RT Schwartz, Reid

DE: Jones, Nunez-Roches, Jenkins
NT: Logan, Miller, Nunez-Roches
DE: Bailey, Kpassagnon

OLB: Ford, Hali
ILB: Wilson, March, Pierre-Louis
ILB: Johnson, Eligwe
OLB: Houston, Zombo

CB: Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Gaines, White
S: Berry, Parker, Sorensen, Murray

K: Santos
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester

That's 53.
[Reply]
O.city 02:19 PM 08-28-2017
Skins just lost Phil Taylor for the year. Wonder if they'd take a Nt for Jones?
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:22 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
My "fringe" roster guys at this point are Seantavius Jones, Jordan Devey, Jah Reid and CJ Spiller.

If the Chiefs can find upgrades for each, I can see them moving on. Also, I think that while Lampkin or Bausby could push for a spot on the 53, the Chiefs would be looking at 8 offensive lineman versus 9.

Miller's coming off an Achilles and while he hasn't looked great so far, I expect his play to continue to ascend over the course of the season.
Perhaps -- but I've never known an athlete to get healthier by continually playing him.

If they're playing him now, he's only going to get less healthy as the season wears on.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:29 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Perhaps -- but I've never known an athlete to get healthier by continually playing him.

If they're playing him now, he's only going to get less healthy as the season wears on.
I think he's just getting back into game shape.

It's not like he's a small man, so it'll take some time.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:48 PM 08-28-2017
McQuay over White. I think McQuay can play both spots. White has really struggled.
[Reply]
O.city 05:43 PM 08-28-2017
Who would the chiefs have to cut and what would it cost to trade for Shady?
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:31 PM 08-28-2017
Shady carries a fat cap number, doesn't he?

That's just not in the cards for us.

I'll look at the cap when I'm not on my phone, but it just seems like a bridge too far.
[Reply]
O.city 06:39 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Shady carries a fat cap number, doesn't he?

That's just not in the cards for us.

I'll look at the cap when I'm not on my phone, but it just seems like a bridge too far.
8 mil iirc:
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:11 PM 08-28-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
McQuay over White. I think McQuay can play both spots. White has really struggled.
I've dozed off in the 4th of every game and haven't had any time to re-watch on the DVR.

What are you seeing from McQuay?
[Reply]
RunKC 07:56 AM 08-29-2017
I've dozed off in the 4th of every game and haven't had any time to re-watch on the DVR.

What are you seeing from McQuay?
He got first string reps at S and has the size and speed. I think it's more DJ White struggling as I haven't heard/seen one good thing from him so far.

I think McQuay would be poached from the practice squad. Guys with the size, speed and experience he has will be gambled on eventually.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
QB(3): Smith, Mahomes, Bray
RB(3): Hunt, West, Spiller
FB(1): Sherman

WR(7): Hill, Conley, Wilson, DAT, Chesson, Robinson, S. Jones
TE(3): Kelce, Harris, Escobar

OT(3): Fisher, Schwartz, Witzmann
G(3): LDT, Ehinger, Mama
C (2): Morse, Fulton

DE(4): Jones, Bailey, Jenkins, K-Pass
DT(3): Logan, Nunez-Roches, King

OLB (5): Houston, Ford, Hali, KPL, Zombo
ILB (4): DJ, Wilson, Ragland, Eligwe

CB (5): Peters, Mitchell, Nelson, Gaines, White
S (4): Berry, Parker, Sorensen, Murray

K: Santos
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester
Small updates; with Ragland on board, I think they'll see less need for a developmental ILB in Smith so I suspect Smith is now gone. Sadly, this means that Zombo is back on the squad.

Hey Direk - Cam Erving is on the block. I'd consider giving up a 6th for him. Maybe.

But maybe not. He's probably terrible. I'd need to see if he can be counted on as s genuine swing tackle. Most people seem to believe he cannot.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:52 AM 08-29-2017
Hey Direk - Cam Erving is on the block. I'd consider giving up a 6th for him. Maybe.
I'd give up nothing more than a 2021 7th rounder but I think he'll clear waivers, so if the Chiefs want him, they can sign him then.

I'd be surprised if they wanted him.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:55 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He got first string reps at S and has the size and speed. I think it's more DJ White struggling as I haven't heard/seen one good thing from him so far.

I think McQuay would be poached from the practice squad. Guys with the size, speed and experience he has will be gambled on eventually.
I guess I wasn't paying attention and need to go back and re-watch.

But he only spent one day at CB and while the Chiefs initially suggested that's where they'd play him, I can't see them keeping him at a CB at this point.

I think he clears waivers. Keep in mind, some team would need to cut one of their safeties in order to claim him.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:57 AM 08-29-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
8 mil iirc:
$8 million is his cap number but I'd imagine Buffalo would eat his Dead Cap, so the Chiefs would only be responsible for $6 million.

That said, I highly doubt they're going to trade him on the cheap and he IS 29 years old, so the wheels could fall of at any time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:05 AM 08-29-2017
I'd give up nothing more than a 2021 7th rounder but I think he'll clear waivers, so if the Chiefs want him, they can sign him then.

I'd be surprised if they wanted him.
To understand my desire to acquire Erving, one really needs to watch Jah Reid play.

He is, without question, the worst player on the roster. I mean all the way through 90. He's unbelievably bad at playing tackle and he's absolutely going to get someone hurt.

Remember - the one single !@#$ing play he was in for during the playoff game had him in as an extra tackle and he STILL got torched so badly that Smith was hit as he threw, leading to an interception.

He's unbelievably bad. And he's somehow been worse this pre-season than he's ever been.

I refuse to believe he's going to make this team. I just cannot fathom it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:08 AM 08-29-2017
To understand my desire to acquire Erving, one really needs to watch Jah Reid play.

He is, without question, the worst player on the roster. I mean all the way through 90. He's unbelievably bad at playing tackle and he's absolutely going to get someone hurt.

Remember - the one single !@#$ing play he was in for during the playoff game had him in as an extra tackle and he STILL got torched so badly that Smith was hit as he threw, leading to an interception.

He's unbelievably bad. And he's somehow been worse this pre-season than he's ever been.

I refuse to believe he's going to make this team. I just cannot fathom it.
That worthless fuck has the 12th highest cap hit on this team. Let that sink in.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up