ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Destiny 2 Discussion Thread
007 12:17 PM 03-30-2017

Trailer is out for the sequel. While I love Cayde 6, I don't like that they decided to make him comic relief here. But its a game so....

9/8/2017

Destiny 2 gameplay reveal: May 18
Beta access around July

They are doing Expansion packs again. Hopefully they don't just feel like tack-ons this time.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:49 PM 09-10-2017
Nothin like interrupting your strike run to join in on a heroic public.....man this game is such a damn blast, loving it.

Finally got to 20....I know it may not sound like much but as a husband and father that works a shit ton of hours and has limited game time, I'm super happy. Never got to 20 in vanilla Destiny either so I'm pumped.
[Reply]
kcxiv 09:53 PM 09-10-2017
"impatiently waits for the PC version"
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:32 PM 09-11-2017
I am jumping into this cold after a friend urged me to. I know I will enjoy it but the learning curve is very very steep for me from knowing nothing about the first destiny. There are just so many damn variables in this game but it is visually stunning.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 12:47 PM 09-12-2017
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I am jumping into this cold after a friend urged me to. I know I will enjoy it but the learning curve is very very steep for me from knowing nothing about the first destiny. There are just so many damn variables in this game but it is visually stunning.
You will catch on pretty quickly, its not too bad. It was actually pretty easy up to 265 power level. Now its a PITA to get above that if you dont have tons of time to run Heroic public events, nightfall and the other milestones that give you powerful engram instead of the normal legendary ones.
[Reply]
007 10:19 PM 09-12-2017
I absolutely HATE the timer on the nightfall. That was completely unnecessary.
[Reply]
007 04:27 AM 09-14-2017
Here is a great write up on leveling past the 260 soft cap. The grind is real here folks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...eveling_guide/

The formatting is just too much to clean up here so you will just have to click the link. Sorry.
[Reply]
DaveNull 06:19 AM 09-14-2017
tl:dr summary for the leveling guide: Public events, public events, followed by public events.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 06:24 AM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
I absolutely HATE the timer on the nightfall. That was completely unnecessary.
That's because there were too many cheese spots to complete the nightfall easily.

Here is a great write up on leveling past the 260 soft cap. The grind is real here folks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...eveling_guide/

The formatting is just too much to clean up here so you will just have to click the link. Sorry.

The grind isn't that bad, and there is so much to do its actually fun. I just went from 265-284 in a little under 3 hours, and didn't even get to the nightfall yet. Being in a group/clan definitely helps as you get additional rewards for that.

That guide is spot on.
[Reply]
007 09:26 PM 09-14-2017
Eh. I've been stuck in the 260s all week. Nothing drops and I have no plans to do crucible, nightfall or raid. What annoys me is that the strikes are completely pointless to play. They only drop 265 gear and when you go to zavala he only gives you 265 gear. There is literally no incentive to do strikes at all.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 07:14 AM 09-15-2017
Eh. I've been stuck in the 260s all week. Nothing drops and I have no plans to do crucible, nightfall or raid. What annoys me is that the strikes are completely pointless to play. They only drop 265 gear and when you go to zavala he only gives you 265 gear. There is literally no incentive to do strikes at all.
You won't get out of the 260's unless you do the milestones that reward 'powerful' engrams. Those and exotics are your only way out. Exotics can still drop from the strikes & heroic public events, and you should just mass the vanguard/vendor tokens and hand them in once you break out of the 260's and notice that blues/non modded legendarys are dropping with a higher base than what you have. Then you hand in all the rep/tokens you have and push to the next power level.

Also do Cayde's treasure maps for planet of the week.. they drop higher than normal loot too. If your on XB1 and need help with the Nightfall, let me know. I just got my rat king exotic last night, this weeks NF is actually pretty easy.
[Reply]
Fish 10:14 AM 09-15-2017
Really wanting to jump into the PC launch. But man this sounds like a shitload of work to make it enjoyable.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 11:30 AM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Really wanting to jump into the PC launch. But man this sounds like a shitload of work to make it enjoyable.
What do you mean by 'make it enjoyable'? You can literally do all of the content with the soft cap of 265 power level, which is easily attainable by just doing the story and roaming around the planets shooting stuff. You don't have to do any of the the tougher weekly reset stuff to get there.
[Reply]
Buck 08:41 PM 09-15-2017
I got to 295 fairly easily. You just have to level to 265 before doing any activities that provide powerful gear.
[Reply]
007 10:40 PM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
You won't get out of the 260's unless you do the milestones that reward 'powerful' engrams. Those and exotics are your only way out. Exotics can still drop from the strikes & heroic public events, and you should just mass the vanguard/vendor tokens and hand them in once you break out of the 260's and notice that blues/non modded legendarys are dropping with a higher base than what you have. Then you hand in all the rep/tokens you have and push to the next power level.

Also do Cayde's treasure maps for planet of the week.. they drop higher than normal loot too. If your on XB1 and need help with the Nightfall, let me know. I just got my rat king exotic last night, this weeks NF is actually pretty easy.
The problem for me is the only milestones I have access to are crucible, nightfall, and raid. Basically means I'm SOL. Unless they remove that timer, I'm not messing with nightfall.
[Reply]
DanBecky 10:56 PM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by Buck:
I got to 295 fairly easily. You just have to level to 265 before doing any activities that provide powerful gear.
You're on Playstation, right Buck?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up