ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>*** 2017 Prospect Tracker: Chiefs Interest / Visits / Work Outs ***
Dante84 04:10 PM 01-17-2017
Another playoff run, and a winning season has us drafting at the tail end of each round.

This is the 6th year in a row that we will be tracking the college players the Chiefs have publicly or privately expressed interest in leading up to the NFL Draft.

Here's how we did in 2016.

For those who are new, the way this operates is that we collectively monitor various social media sources, blogs, articles and reports for news of the Chiefs' interest in a certain player. When posted in this thread, I will update the OP to include the player. *Please provide the link to the article, the players name, position and team.

I am going to try to link to player profiles when they exist, courtesy of draftbreakdown.com. For some of the lesser-known guys, it may just be a random video or profile from their team website.

Let's meet some of our future Chiefs:

2017 Draft - Chiefs Prospect Tracker

Offense
QB
Antonio Pipkin, Tiffin
Deshaun Watson, Clemson
Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina
Nathan Peterman, Pittsburgh
Brad Kaaya, Miami
Garrett Fugate, Central Missouri State
Davis Webb, California
Josh Dobbs, Tennessee
Chad Kelly, Ole Miss

RB
Curtis Samuel, Ohio State (rb/wr)
Brian Hill, Wyoming
Elijah McGuire, Louisiana-Lafayette
Matt Dayes, NC State
Marlon Mack, USF
Aaron Jones, Texas-El Paso

WR
Jalen Robinette, Air Force

TE
Colin Jeter, LSU
Eric Saubert, Drake
Moe Alie-Cox, VCU *basketball
D.J. Johnson, Kansas State *basketball
Najeal Young, Texas Wesleyan *basketball

OT

G
Jordan Roos, Purdue

C
Dustin Stanton, Oregon State

Defense
CB
Ezra Robinson, Tennessee State
Fabian Moreau, UCLA
Quincy Wilson, Florida
Tre’Davious White, Louisiana State
Cameron Sutton, Tennessee
Adoree’ Jackson, USC *K/P Returner
Jeremy Clark, Michigan

S

OLB/Edge
Charles Harris, Missouri
Tarell Basham, Ohio
Carroll Phillips, Illinois
Haasan Reddick, Temple
Dayon Pratt, East Carolina

ILB
Reuben Foster, Alabama
Zach Cunningham, Vanderbilt
Raekwon McMillan, Ohio State

DE

DT
Mathew Godin, Michigan
Caleb Brantley, Florida
Josh Augusta, Missouri

Special Teams
P

K
Zane Gonzalez, ASU
Austin Johnson, Southern Illinois

Links to Past Years:
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:25 PM 03-07-2017
Casserly Mock 2.0 has us taking QB Watson at 27
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:30 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Casserly Mock 2.0 has us taking QB Watson at 27
Casserly must know something for Watson to fall this far to us. Talking to his buddies on "the in".
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:01 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Casserly must know something for Watson to fall this far to us. Talking to his buddies on "the in".
No offense to you sir, but Charley Casserly is a hack. His hot takes were relevant about 25 years ago if not 45 years ago. Old windbag with his goofy accent is just for entertainment purposes now.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:20 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:

Running back Ohio State RB / WR Curtis Samuel
- McCaffrey like out of the backfield with great hands and explosiveness in the open field-did not see enough of him between the tackles in his 2016 highlights to evaluate any power.

Wyoming RB Brian Hill-
very good power with deceptive quickness and speed.

My 2 favorites out of all these backs are these guys below. Both are extremely quick with great vision and exceptional change of direction(fantastic quick feet) with take it to the house speed on every play. Power is deceptive as well better than you think. All these guys have JC esque ability but these 2 guys below you really feel like you are watching JC himself IMHO.

Louisiana-Lafayette RB Elijah McGuire

North Carolina State RB Matt Dayes

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:21 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
No offense to you sir, but Charley Casserly is a hack. His hot takes were relevant about 25 years ago if not 45 years ago. Old windbag with his goofy accent is just for entertainment purposes now.
:-)
[Reply]
Dave Lane 09:16 PM 03-07-2017
I'd jizz everywhere.
This be me if we had those picks

[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 09:48 PM 03-07-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
- McCaffrey like out of the backfield with great hands and explosiveness in the open field-did not see enough of him between the tackles in his 2016 highlights to evaluate any power.

very good power with deceptive quickness and speed.

My 2 favorites out of all these backs are these guys below. Both are extremely quick with great vision and exceptional change of direction(fantastic quick feet) with take it to the house speed on every play. Power is deceptive as well better than you think. All these guys have JC esque ability but these 2 guys below you really feel like you are watching JC himself IMHO.

Thank you for that. I dont see the point in drafting Hill when we already have Ware, feel like they're similar type of backs.

I dont want to draft Samuel where he's projected to go, just havent seen enough between the tackles success for a high round RB.

McGuire is a guy who's name keeps getting mentioned here and there but I just dont see where he stands out in a class as crowded as this one.

I'm a big fan of Dayes, I think he'll be a steal for someone.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:30 AM 03-08-2017
Thank you for that. I dont see the point in drafting Hill when we already have Ware, feel like they're similar type of backs.

I dont want to draft Samuel where he's projected to go, just havent seen enough between the tackles success for a high round RB.

McGuire is a guy who's name keeps getting mentioned here and there but I just dont see where he stands out in a class as crowded as this one.

Hill is much faster than Ware and can take it to the house where Spencer cannot. Their power is about the same I agree.

IMHO McGuire and Dayes are almost identical to each other. Don't know if you watched all of the McGuire vid I put up but the last half of that vid he really shines. Either one of these guys is fine with me.

I can see why Dorsey would be interested in Samuel just for the great fit for a Reid out of the backfield or down the field RB passing attack. Just one more offensive weapon for the defense to be accountable for along with Tyreek ? Deadly.
[Reply]
kc79 12:30 PM 03-19-2017
I saw the Chiefs are looking ar ASU K Zane Gonzalez. Wouldn't mind seeing some competition at the kicker spot.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:14 AM 03-20-2017
Originally Posted by kc79:
I saw the Chiefs are looking ar ASU K Zane Gonzalez. Wouldn't mind seeing some competition at the kicker spot.
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/3...fts-top-kicker

They apparently worked him out.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:04 PM 03-20-2017
Will update later this evening
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:56 AM 03-21-2017
I like the Dayes video. Love the way he runs.
[Reply]
ct 02:17 PM 03-21-2017

Watching Dayes looks like a Charcandrick West type of player, but a much better one! what is this guys expected draft range? guessing he's 3rd/4th? I'm in if that's the case!
[Reply]
rico 03:17 PM 03-21-2017
So Trubisky indicated in an interview today that he has private workouts scheduled with the Chiefs, 49ers, Browns and Jets.

Edit: Looks like RunKC already covered this.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:11 PM 03-21-2017
Hows bout an update. It's looking pretty thin
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up