Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Media Center>The Mummy 2017
Al Bundy 09:51 AM 12-11-2016

[Reply]
BigRichard 06:45 AM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
What? Really?

Those Frasier Mummy flicks were solid AF for what they were.. well, 'cept the third one, of course.
Frasier's movies kicked ass. I really don't even remember the third one though.
[Reply]
SAGA45 07:11 PM 07-10-2017
Sofia Boutella can't even sway me to buy a ticket for this.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:20 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Didn't the third one have Jet Li but no Rachel Weisz? I've seen bits and pieces of it, but never the whole way through.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:19 PM 07-10-2017
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Hell yeah. They're fucking awesome.

Originally Posted by Bowser:
Didn't the third one have Jet Li but no Rachel Weisz? I've seen bits and pieces of it, but never the whole way through.
Yes. It was buns.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:26 AM 07-16-2017
Watched it last night, I thought it was enjoyable. Good action, some funny parts, pretty typical summer blockbuster. Not sure why there's so much hate for it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:50 AM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Watched it last night, I thought it was enjoyable. Good action, some funny parts, pretty typical summer blockbuster. Not sure why there's so much hate for it.
Cruise.

I pretty much enjoy Cruise flicks. Knight and Day was terribad but that's the last one I can remember that was awful. People like to hate Cruise movies because he's a whack job. I don't give a fuck because most actors are whack jobs they just don't let it out.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:20 AM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Cruise.

I pretty much enjoy Cruise flicks. Knight and Day was terribad but that's the last one I can remember that was awful. People like to hate Cruise movies because he's a whack job. I don't give a fuck because most actors are whack jobs they just don't let it out.

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:32 AM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I feel like if he actually did this, he'd have a lot more fans.

Yeah I don't really care how crazy he is in real life. I'm just looking for entertainment, and most of his movies deliver that!
[Reply]
hometeam 08:14 PM 07-16-2017
So I watched this the other night out of pure boredom. It was not the total shitshow I was expecting. It was just.. OK.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:03 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by hometeam:
So I watched this the other night out of pure boredom. It was not the total shitshow I was expecting. It was just.. OK.
I just watched it this weekend. I thought it was decent enough that I would watch any future movies from the universe. I don't get all the hate for it. Although I felt it kinda followed the Brendan Frasier "The Mummy" plot a lot. Gun battle at beginning of movie, stumble upon the location of some great secret, Mummy selects someone to be their "love interest", yada yada.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:51 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Probably because of the weak storyline, bad acting. terrible script, silly plot line with Russel Crowe, and extremely lame ending.

Other than those things- it rocked.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:24 PM 11-08-2017
Universals 'Dark Universe' has gone bye bye.....RIP

On paper, Universal’s plan for the Dark Universe, a franchise built out of various monster-film properties, seemed like a potentially solid idea. The studio planned to revisit some of cinema’s classic horror films, setting them in an interconnected universe like Marvel’s superhero franchise, and potentially reaping the benefits of box-office smash after box-office smash. However, after The Mummy debuted to disappointing reviews and lower-than-expected ticket sales, the two writers in charge of the franchise have departed, and Universal is reportedly re-evaluating the Dark Universe’s future.

Universal had extensive plans for the franchise. The Bride of Frankenstein was meant to follow The Mummy in 2019. They would be joined by new versions of Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dracula, Frankenstein, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Invisible Man, and Phantom of the Opera. Those plans seem to have stalled. In October, Universal put Bride of Frankenstein on hold, and today, The Hollywood Reporter says Alex Kurtzman and Chris Morgan, the architects of the franchise, have moved on to other projects. Kurtzman is focusing on his work with CBS All Access’ Star Trek: Discovery, while Morgan is still working with Universal on its Fast and Furious films.

THR notes that Universal is exploring a couple of options, which include finding a new person to spearhead the project, or offering “the IP to high-profile filmmakers or producers (Jason Blum has been mentioned) with ideas for one-off movies not connected to a larger universe.” For the moment, though, the entire project seems to be stalled out, although not off the table completely. It’s a far cry from its hyped launch in May, which included a star-studded Photoshopped group photo of Javier Bardem, Sophia Boutella, Russell Crowe, Tom Cruise, and Johnny Depp as the faces of the franchise.

What Universal seems to have realized (for the second time) is that developing a massive, overarching franchise is not an easy prospect. And it doesn’t help when a series’ component films are rushed into production, and debut with weak stories that can’t bear the weight of the series they’re designed to kick off. Thus far, only Disney has made a successful model out of the multi-platform film franchise, with its Star Wars and Marvel Universe series. DC Comics has recently begun to scale back its own Expanded Universe following the success of Wonder Woman as a largely standalone film, while other planned franchises have sputtered out.

Universal says The Bride of Frankenstein is still in the works, even though it no longer has a release date. But without a chief architect to oversee the direction of the series, like Kathleen Kennedy for Star Wars, or Kevin Feige with Marvel, it’s unlikely that we’re going to see this iteration of the universe shamble into theaters anytime soon.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/8/1...n-chris-morgan
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:02 PM 11-08-2017
Smart move on their part. The masses weren't going to flock to the following installments after this weak ass movie, even if it wasn't horrible.

Shame, too. All they had to do was hit on The Mummy and they could have had a nice gravy train set up. People have paid to see the new Godzilla and King Kong and since they were pretty well received I'm sure the face off will sell too.
[Reply]
RobBlake 01:48 AM 11-09-2017
I don't get it. They totally rushed it or at the very least didn't approach the movie with high degree of quality in mind. I love quite a few Tom c movies and they didn't really give him an unique character
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:38 AM 11-09-2017
IMO, the project still could happen, because if Cruise likes a franchise he'll get it sorted out and accomplished.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up