ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 59
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
BWillie 01:48 AM 02-20-2014
15 virgins ITT

Probably have Harry Potter and LOTR posters in their rooms
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:10 AM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
15 virgins ITT

Probably have Harry Potter and LOTR posters in their rooms

[Reply]
keg in kc 11:14 AM 02-20-2014

[Reply]
BWillie 04:59 PM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by Douche Baggins:

I don't know what this is

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:25 PM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
It's all coming to Netflix March 7th, FWIW.

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-ent...ded-to-netflix
Can't wait that long...

Joking aside, I tired of the Clone Wars and gave up after watching like half a season's worth maybe - just seemed too soft and not a very exciting show?

Btw, how the hell are you not going to have Vader when it's dealing with between III & IV??????
I'd think that's a major draw...
[Reply]
KcMizzou 08:54 PM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Can't wait that long...

Joking aside, I tired of the Clone Wars and gave up after watching like half a season's worth maybe - just seemed too soft and not a very exciting show?

Btw, how the hell are you not going to have Vader when it's dealing with between III & IV??????
I'd think that's a major draw...
I've never seen a episode. When I mentioned it to my teenage son, he was pretty "meh" about it. He said, "It's definitely made for kids."

Kinda dampened my enthusiasm for checking it out.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:06 PM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
I've never seen a episode. When I mentioned it to my teenage son, he was pretty "meh" about it. He said, "It's definitely made for kids."

Kinda dampened my enthusiasm for checking it out.
By and large your son is right. Some episodes it was very apparent they were for kids, but there are storylines that actually get kind of dark. There are some pretty cool battle moments throughout, especially the space battles.

It is worth a watch if you've got nothing else going on. I saw on here or somewhere that some people that worked with the DC animated show Young Justice were on board with this. That makes me happy; YJ was a fantastic show that was cancelled way before its time.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:11 PM 02-21-2014
The Clone Wars got really really dark. The Darth Maul, Savage Oppress, and witches storyline got to the point that I wouldn't let my son watch it. Whole series of episodes focused only on dark side characters.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:15 PM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
The Clone Wars got really really dark. The Darth Maul, Savage Oppress, and witches storyline got to the point that I wouldn't let my son watch it. Whole series of episodes focused only on dark side characters.
Agreed.

Toonami started showing the Clone Wars from the beginning. The show really does take a turn for the more mature as time goes on. It's pretty stark the contrast from the beginnings of the Clone Wars show to the end.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:53 PM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Agreed.

Toonami started showing the Clone Wars from the beginning. The show really does take a turn for the more mature as time goes on. It's pretty stark the contrast from the beginnings of the Clone Wars show to the end.
So about where can I jump up to and skip the Y & Y7 episodes?

I mean the maturity level on some of them was atrocious - it wouldn't even rise to near the level of say the 1st Potter book- really undersold the bar, but at least it got better... (?)
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:01 PM 02-24-2014
Speaking of Clone Wars....

[Reply]
keg in kc 01:27 PM 04-21-2014

[Reply]
keg in kc 04:09 PM 05-02-2014
Pretty cool...

[Reply]
keg in kc 07:40 AM 05-05-2014

[Reply]
keg in kc 10:55 AM 07-17-2014