ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Sign 3 Players To Practice Squad
JakeF 05:18 PM 09-21-2017
Chiefs shuffle practice squad, sign three players
By: Wesley Roesch | September 20, 2017 7:05 am

The Kansas City Chiefs added three players to the practice squad Tuesday.

The team signed running back George Atkinson, defensive back Keith Reaser and defensive tackle Daniel Ross.

To make room for those three, the team released defensive lineman Rickey Hatley and cornerback Taurean Nixon. It also placed offensive tackle Joseph Cheek on injured reserve.

Follow
Terez A. Paylor ✔ @TerezPaylor
Chiefs sign RB George Atkinson, DB Keith Reaser and DT Daniel Ross to practice squad. Rickey Hatley & Taurean Nixon released
6:36 PM - Sep 19, 2017
Replies 32 32 Retweets 50 50 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Atkinson, 24, is the son of former Raiders safety George Atkinson Jr. Atkinson (III) entered the league as an undrafted free agent for Oakland in 2014 and was released by the team prior to the start of the 2017 season.

Reaser, 26, was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the fifth round of the 2014 draft. He has participated in 29 games, starting none.

Ross, 24, entered the league as a UDFA in 2017 and was recently released from the Detroit Lions’ practice squad.

Hatley, 23, came out of Missouri and entered the league as a UDFA in 2017. He spent the preseason with the Houston Texans.

Nixon, 26, was drafted by the Denver Broncos in the seventh round in 2015 and has participated in two games.

Cheek, 24, entered the league as a UDFA in 2016 and has been off-and-on with the Chiefs since last November.

Here is the Chiefs’ current practice squad as of Wednesday:

RB George Atkinson
WR Gehrig Dieter
WR Marcus Kemp
TE/FB Orson Charles
OG Damien Mama
OT Isaiah Williams
DT Daniel Ross
OLB Marcus Rush
DB Keith Reaser
S Leon McQuay
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:56 PM 09-26-2017
I wonder how Atkinson is looking?
[Reply]
farmerchief 07:48 PM 09-26-2017
He sounds like a brother to Kniles Davis.
[Reply]
rico 08:11 PM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
That's actually a pretty good PS. McQuay is talented. Rush is better than Zombo. Kemp is talented. Atkinson is actually pretty decent.
I agree and heck, I didn't mind what I saw from Dieter.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up