ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Media Center>What TV shows do you watch religiously?
luv 08:34 PM 12-09-2012
Right now, mine are:

Castle
Grimm
Once Upon a Time
Walking Dead
Elementary
Revolution

I've recently been exposed to Emily Owens, MD. I like that one. My best friend always says that she reminds him of me. The more I watch it, the more I can see why.

There are others that I watch, but I'm not heartbroken if I miss an episode. Those shows seem to be Arrow, Chicago Fire, and any of the Monday night CBS comedies.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:39 PM 09-14-2017
Not only was your answer condescending, it was wrong. Just because I don't like Tom Cruise and don't understand why others are fans of his bland and boring performances doesn't mean I don't know what action movies are.

You did not explain anything I did not already know. What shocks me is that you still don't see that. You jumped on "cringe comedy" based on a single word in my statement. Cringe comedy has nothing to do with it. I don't dislike the Mission Impossible series because it is "cringe action", even though Tom Cruise is (IMO) annoyingly cringe worthy. (Full disclosure: I've never actually watched the MI series, so it may actually be a new genre of "cringe action".)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:55 PM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Not only was your answer condescending, it was wrong. Just because I don't like Tom Cruise and don't understand why others are fans of his bland and boring performances doesn't mean I don't know what action movies are.

You did not explain anything I did not already know. What shocks me is that you still don't see that. You jumped on "cringe comedy" based on a single word in my statement. Cringe comedy has nothing to do with it. I don't dislike the Mission Impossible series because it is "cringe action", even though Tom Cruise is (IMO) annoyingly cringe worthy. (Full disclosure: I've never actually watched the MI series, so it may actually be a new genre of "cringe action".)
I see that you seem to think you understand cringe comedy. But I also see that you seem not to understand basic grammar [psst, now I AM being condescending. Congrats, you earned it].

If you type "I never understood the love for Curb Your Enthusiasm' the rational response from someone who loves Curb Your Enthusiasm is to interpret that as a request for insight into the reasons for said love. Particularly in the field of comedy, as the quality of comedy is inherently subjective.

You didn't say 'I know what LARRY DAVID is trying to do, but I still don't like HIM.' You said 'I don't understand why multitudes of people love a show.'

That is your failing, not mine.

And responding to your clear expression of confusion [which of course you intended to people to interpret as the exact opposite] with a polite detailed explanation is not condescension.

And there's no need to continue to be shocked. I knew you at least thought you knew what you were talking about when you first said you did and accused me of condescension, which was pretty much right out the gate.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:12 PM 09-14-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
You're the Worst
Back the past couple weeks, and this week the tragedy of Jimmy's karma ended perfectly.

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:36 AM 09-15-2017
GOT, Ballers, TWD, Better Call Saul, ant Netflix Marvel show
[Reply]
unlurking 02:23 PM 09-15-2017
lol

I can only assume you are trolling at this point. Lecture on grammar when you can't even read past the first sentence of my post? I clearly explained why I don't like the show (hint, "That nasally voice and whiny character just make me cringe. Same with the Garry Shandling and Ray Romano.")

Or do your grammar lessons not extend to context? I thought it was pretty clear that what I did not like about the show was David.

Try keeping your interpretations to a minimum, and actually read what I wrote. It's like I just insulted Taylor Swift or something. I apologize if you take offense because someone doesn't love your hero.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:46 PM 09-15-2017
lol

I can only assume you are trolling at this point. Lecture on grammar when you can't even read past the first sentence of my post? I clearly explained why I don't like the show (hint, "That nasally voice and whiny character just make me cringe. Same with the Garry Shandling and Ray Romano.")

Or do your grammar lessons not extend to context? I thought it was pretty clear that what I did not like about the show was David.

Try keeping your interpretations to a minimum, and actually read what I wrote. It's like I just insulted Taylor Swift or something. I apologize if you take offense because someone doesn't love your hero.
Jesus, are always a dickbag?

What you ACTUALLY WROTE is 'I don't understand' and you immediately interpreted a KIND, THOROUGH and PATIENT explanation of what YOU SAID you didn't understand as condescension.

Be honest, do you truly think I wrote all that out in my initial reply just to surreptitiously belittle you?

I don't take offense to your taste in entertainment, but I do take offense when you cast unsupportable aspersions on my intentions.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:11 PM 09-15-2017
"It's called cringe comedy. Either you get it or you don't."

Then you jump into an ELI5 response. Yes, I consider that condescension. Especially when you can't even bother to read all four of the sentences in my post. If you had, maybe your answer wouldn't have been wrong.

I responded to point out that your response wasn't relevant, and you responded with a sarcastic and passive aggressive...

"We'll all have to live with your assessment."

Maybe you weren't being condescending in your first post, and if so my apologies. You do sound like an angry ex-girlfriend in your very next post though when I simply responded to point out that your response was incorrect.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:26 PM 09-15-2017
Holy shit, Baby Lee. Just take the high road, man. You were right from the start. Forget that clown, and his defense mechanisms, if he wants to troll you further for attention/distraction. Trust me. Anyone with a brain knows he ate shit from the start and is now flailing in more with every post.

High road. Walk it with pride.. you can... for now.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:28 PM 09-15-2017
my apologies
I accept your apology.
[Reply]
threebag 07:54 PM 09-15-2017
Not a fan of television myself. I will watch sports, westerns and cartoons
[Reply]
sully1983 09:05 PM 09-15-2017
South Park. Did anyone see the 21st season premiere? LOL fucking hilarious .
[Reply]
unlurking 09:03 AM 09-16-2017
:-)
[Reply]
unlurking 09:05 AM 09-16-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
South Park. Did anyone see the 21st season premiere? LOL fucking hilarious .
Excellent episode.

South Park messing with Alexa #SouthPark #Alexa pic.twitter.com/4qtJkwQJ6R

— Moritz Wittmann (@MoritzWittmann) September 14, 2017

[Reply]
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Up