ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 361
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Space Exploration megathread
DaFace 09:40 AM 06-01-2014
Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

Spoiler!

How to Watch a Live Launch
Spoiler!

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:14 PM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
I'm heading down there as we speak . Don't worry guys , I study Rocket science in my spare time. I'll get er launched.
Try this (and then run).

[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:19 PM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Try this (and then run).

If you don't have a match (TSA will prolly take them away), watch this and be ready to tell some rocket nerds what they did wrong...

[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:22 PM 02-25-2016
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
I'm heading down there as we speak . Don't worry guys , I study Rocket science in my spare time. I'll get er launched.
And you're going to need to stuff a lot of lox into the tank, what's on top in the pic is what you'll need. Wait to buy it on the other end, if you leave it in your luggage your shirts are going to smell in no time...

[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 05:49 AM 02-26-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Nice! I need to come down for a launch one of these days. I saw some random one go way back when I was a kid about 20 years ago, but I'd love go catch one of these in person. Especially once they get the F9-Heavy launches going. :-)

The Heavy launches are great. Three rockets strapped together. Love the night launches, the whole sky lights up with an orange glow.
[Reply]
eDave 02:30 PM 02-26-2016
Next attempt is Sunday evening.

Here's SpaceX webcast explanation of why the Feb. 25 launch was stopped 1min 40 seconds before liftoff. pic.twitter.com/6yUjBdSxKJ

— Peter B. de Selding (@pbdes) February 26, 2016

[Reply]
DaFace 02:43 PM 02-26-2016
Wonder why they haven't officially announced Sunday yet. Hope that holds.

As for the LOX issue, presumably they would have loaded it normally during the static fire, so I wonder if there's some reason that things aren't performing reliably the same way every time. I wouldn't think that external temperature variation would matter much, but who knows why else they would've just plain missed the mark.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:49 PM 02-26-2016
I also wonder how long a rocket can sit outside like that? Or will the bring it in?
[Reply]
DaFace 04:11 PM 02-26-2016
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I also wonder how long a rocket can sit outside like that? Or will the bring it in?
They lower it down horizontally overnight at least, but I doubt they bother bringing it inside unless there's an issue with the vehicle itself that needs to be addressed. Otherwise, I can't imagine weather would have any appreciable impact on it for quite a while.
[Reply]
eDave 04:27 PM 02-26-2016
The Range Support and ER Maintenance Downtime rows are driving me crazy. I can't even.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:13 PM 02-26-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
They lower it down horizontally overnight at least, but I doubt they bother bringing it inside unless there's an issue with the vehicle itself that needs to be addressed. Otherwise, I can't imagine weather would have any appreciable impact on it for quite a while.
Cool, thanks..
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 09:12 PM 02-26-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
The Range Support and ER Maintenance Downtime rows are driving me crazy. I can't even.

What don't you understand about this?
[Reply]
eDave 09:20 PM 02-26-2016
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
What don't you understand about this?
You are kidding right? Trolling?

What do I not understand? Formatting. My god, why don't you know this? All rows should be of same height if the cell is less than 30 characters. If it is more than 30 character, look into reworking your cell content.

No wonder jobs get outsourced. Much cheaper labor at least understands this basic data reporting rule.

Go back to school.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:02 AM 02-27-2016

What do I not understand? Formatting. My god, why don't you know this? All rows should be of same height if the cell is less than 30 characters. If it is more than 30 character, look into reworking your cell content.

No wonder jobs get outsourced. Much cheaper labor at least understands this basic data reporting rule.

Go back to school.
I had no idea why you were cranky either. It's not like it was designed for public consumption. :-)
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 09:33 AM 02-27-2016

Go back to school.

Formatting? "We're talking about Formatting" In my best Allen Iverson voice.
I thought you had didn't understand why the 45th Space Wing was doing Range Support and ER Maintenance.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:31 PM 02-27-2016
No new info, but tomorrow night is now confirmed:

SES and SpaceX are now targeting to launch #SES9 on Sunday, 28 February, at 6.46pm ET, with a backup date on Monday, 29 February!

— SES (@SES_Satellites) February 27, 2016

[Reply]
Page 24 of 361
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up