ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 167
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:33 PM 04-22-2022
Welp, turns out my Bluetick isn't a bluetick and my pocket Pitbull is part Shih Tzu. LOLOL

Louie:

----

Bacon:

[Reply]
seclark 03:13 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Welp, turns out my Bluetick isn't a bluetick and my pocket Pitbull is part Shih Tzu. LOLOL

Louie:

----

Bacon:

Fuckin labs’ll screw anything
sec
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:11 AM 04-27-2022
Adding Myotonic goats to the farm. They arrive June 5th.

This is Wayne:

This is Darry / Daryl. He is a Nigerian Dwarf who will be wethered. His only job in life is to keep my boy Wayne company:

https://i.imgur.com/ut0cooR.png

---

Will be adding at least 3 does. Tanis, Bonnie, and Rosie.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:30 PM 04-27-2022
So, last Tuesday this guy was going nuts when the Fedex guy was dropping off a package. This is normal every time we get a delivery. This time, however, he did something to injure himself. The wife and I were at work but my son was there and he heard it from downstairs. Said he had never heard such a blood curdling scream from a dog.

Didn't think a lot of it because I've had dogs tweak something and then a day or two later, they're fine. Well, this time he was not better the next day. If anything, he was worse. He couldn't really walk as his whole left side was not functioning properly. So we took him to the local emergency vet and they diagnosed him with a probable bulging disc in his neck/back (4th vertebrate, I think).

They sent us over to the Kansas State Veterinary Health Center emergency. He spent a few days in there, the first couple just waiting to get an MRI. The MRI confirmed the bulging disc and he had surgery to remove the debris. His condition didn't change the day after surgery but the following day he was already getting better and walking.

We brought him home and now he's confined to cage rest for 2 months. I can already tell he's going to absolutely hate this since he loves to always be around me. I was down in the basement yesterday and he was whining because he had to be upstairs in his cage. But it has to be this way. This is especially important since we have 2 other dogs and my son, who is staying with us temporarily until he gets back on his feet, also has 2 dogs.
Attached: Chief cage rest1.jpg (137.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Lzen 12:35 PM 04-27-2022
He's got several staples in his neck. This whole thing cost over $4k. Damn, dog.
I know some people would never spend the money on a pet but I did. He's my buddy. I also have insurance that should reimburse for a portion of this.
Attached: Chief neck staples1.jpg (87.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Lzen 12:36 PM 04-27-2022
Not sure why those pics posted rotated like that. They weren't rotated when I attached them.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:40 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
He's got several staples in his neck. This whole thing cost over $4k. Damn, dog.
I know some people would never spend the money on a pet but I did. He's my buddy. I also have insurance that should reimburse for a portion of this.
You're a good dude for spending it on him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:44 PM 04-27-2022
:-) Supposed to have my dog on crate rest for 2 months after his knee surgery. Couldnt do it to him. Ended up putting my mattress on the ground and he was confined to my room except for pee breaks.

Good on you for getting him the proper care.
[Reply]
seclark 12:47 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
So, last Tuesday this guy was going nuts when the Fedex guy was dropping off a package. This is normal every time we get a delivery. This time, however, he did something to injure himself. The wife and I were at work but my son was there and he heard it from downstairs. Said he had never heard such a blood curdling scream from a dog.

Didn't think a lot of it because I've had dogs tweak something and then a day or two later, they're fine. Well, this time he was not better the next day. If anything, he was worse. He couldn't really walk as his whole left side was not functioning properly. So we took him to the local emergency vet and they diagnosed him with a probable bulging disc in his neck/back (4th vertebrate, I think).

They sent us over to the Kansas State Veterinary Health Center emergency. He spent a few days in there, the first couple just waiting to get an MRI. The MRI confirmed the bulging disc and he had surgery to remove the debris. His condition didn't change the day after surgery but the following day he was already getting better and walking.

We brought him home and now he's confined to cage rest for 2 months. I can already tell he's going to absolutely hate this since he loves to always be around me. I was down in the basement yesterday and he was whining because he had to be upstairs in his cage. But it has to be this way. This is especially important since we have 2 other dogs and my son, who is staying with us temporarily until he gets back on his feet, also has 2 dogs.
I feel so sorry for him that he has to spend so long in that cage. I know it’s for his own good, but damn.

My chocolate lab has our 11 acre yard, and 30 acres of timber to roam. My son and his family have 2 dogs that stay in the house, but have a small fenced in backyard. Every few weeks they come up with the dogs and let them run for a couple days. All 3 of them have a ball. They have to come in at night, but in the morning, they’re chomping at the bit to get back outside with zeke.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:05 PM 04-27-2022
Yeah, we live on 2.5 acres. My dogs love to run around on our property. I was walking him this morning on the leash around the yard so he could do his business. Next thing I know, he sees something and he tries to start running. This knucklehead doesn't even know how bad he was injured. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 01:06 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Supposed to have my dog on crate rest for 2 months after his knee surgery. Couldnt do it to him. Ended up putting my mattress on the ground and he was confined to my room except for pee breaks.

Good on you for getting him the proper care.
I would consider doing something like that but with the other dogs around, that wouldn't be wise.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:21 AM 05-11-2022
Well, I had to put my buddy down this morning. I was pulling a trailer out and he got under it. I had to shoot him and bury him. I feel like a total piece of shit. It was getting to be close to the end for him, but I didn't want it to be like that, and I didn't want to be the one to do it. Pretty tough day for your guy Buehler445.

He was a 12.5 year old Australian Cattle Dog. Went to work with me every day, he was my buddy. No matter the shit day I had he was always there to be happy and be my buddy. Never failed to make me feel better. He was getting cantankerous in his old age, but he was the best dog I've had by a wide margin. Just a phenomenal dog.

RIP Chief Dog. I miss my friend. :-)

[Reply]
seclark 11:24 AM 05-11-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Well, I had to put my buddy down this morning. I was pulling a trailer out and he got under it. I had to shoot him and bury him. I feel like a total piece of shit. It was getting to be close to the end for him, but I didn't want it to be like that, and I didn't want to be the one to do it. Pretty tough day for your guy Buehler445.

He was a 12.5 year old Australian Cattle Dog. Went to work with me every day, he was my buddy. No matter the shit day I had he was always there to be happy and be my buddy. Never failed to make me feel better. He was getting cantankerous in his old age, but he was the best dog I've had by a wide margin. Just a phenomenal dog.

So sorry, my brother
sec
[Reply]
Lzen 11:31 AM 05-11-2022

Sry, Buehler. That's gotta be tough. I don't know if I could do it.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:59 PM 05-11-2022

Sorry man, been there and had to do exactly the same thing. RIP Stumppy

Sometimes the best thing we can do for them is the hardest thing to do.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 167
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164 > Last »
Up