ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 718 of 1208
« First < 218618668708714715716717718 719720721722728768818 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
srvy 08:51 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Tasty. Definitely a hot dog, but more robust in flavor. The collagen casings were a bit tough.
Those homemade buns also? How did you ever get that grind with with the Kitchenaid attachment?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:08 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Those homemade buns also? How did you ever get that grind with with the Kitchenaid attachment?

KA broke down, upgraded to a dedicated grinder. Used a very fine plate, then batch processed it to emulsify.
[Reply]
srvy 09:27 PM 02-12-2018
KA broke down, upgraded to a dedicated grinder. Used a very fine plate, then batch processed it to emulsify.
Nicely done and ya the KA needed to go if your going to get into sausages.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:20 PM 02-12-2018
Got some take out hamburgers but I did make my own dessert. Prepared some home made rice pudding, it looked just like Kozy Shack but tasted even better.
[Reply]
threebag 11:14 PM 02-12-2018
Two all-beef homemade hotdogs.

Take them over the top with these.

[Reply]
threebag 11:16 PM 02-12-2018
Tasty. Definitely a hot dog, but more robust in flavor. The collagen casings were a bit tough.
Boil them?
[Reply]
TimBone 11:44 PM 02-12-2018
Dogs looked good, FMB. I'da slathered 'em in yellow gravy and gone to town on them.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:15 AM 02-13-2018
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Take them over the top with these.

I like those. These are the Pepperidge Farm potato buns.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:00 AM 02-13-2018
How is that grinder?/ Review?

Those look good, great actually.
Are the spicy? Love me some beef hot links.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:31 AM 02-13-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
How is that grinder?/ Review?

Those look good, great actually.
Are the spicy? Love me some beef hot links.
On my KA, the plastic housing covering the attachment mechanism broke (they seemingly use metal housings now). And the stuffing attachment on the KA is fucking worthless. Maybe worse than worthless.

I'd already bought a stuffer.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So rather than buying a new KA, I bought a Kitchener #10 an Amazon, and it's pretty amazing, actually. What used to take me 10-15 minutes now takes 5 or less.

The best thing about both of those, IMO, is I can get expansion or replacement parts (like stuffer horns, grinding plates, and cutting knives) from LEM - same fit.

The hot dogs were standard all beef links, so not spicy. They definitely had the frank spice palette, but more pronounced. The biggest problem with them is the casing. You can't hang fresh collagen casings, so I used smoked collagen, and they're just a little tough. I'm supposed to be getting some sheep casings this week, and will probably take a run at some traditional pork/beef franks in a couple of weeks. This weekend was mostly about playing with my new smoker.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:02 AM 02-13-2018
What were those $200 dollar a piece hot dogs?

:-):-):-):-):-):-)

New smoker??? PCB?

On my KA, the plastic housing covering the attachment mechanism broke (they seemingly use metal housings now). And the stuffing attachment on the KA is ****ing worthless. Maybe worse than worthless.

I'd already bought a stuffer.

So rather than buying a new KA, I bought a Kitchener #10 an Amazon, and it's pretty amazing, actually. What used to take me 10-15 minutes now takes 5 or less.

The best thing about both of those, IMO, is I can get expansion or replacement parts (like stuffer horns, grinding plates, and cutting knives) from LEM - same fit.

The hot dogs were standard all beef links, so not spicy. They definitely had the frank spice palette, but more pronounced. The biggest problem with them is the casing. You can't hang fresh collagen casings, so I used smoked collagen, and they're just a little tough. I'm supposed to be getting some sheep casings this week, and will probably take a run at some traditional pork/beef franks in a couple of weeks. This weekend was mostly about playing with my new smoker.

[Reply]
threebag 07:05 AM 02-13-2018
I like those. These are the Pepperidge Farm potato buns.
I like the toast job you can put on those babies
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:17 AM 02-13-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
What were those $200 dollar a piece hot dogs?

:-):-):-):-):-):-)

New smoker??? PCB?
I've been smoking a lot of bacon and sausage, so no. The hot dogs were just the most recent. Smoked some polish sausage that I cooked up for breakfast this morning with natural hog casing - I think those were the best sausages I've made.

I'm going to do a pork and apple fresh kielbasa soon.

The PBC cooks too hot. I've tried everything I can think of (even their help line) to tame the temps, but can't get it below about 275. And my electric smoker struggles to get temp when it's very cold outside, plus the chamber is really too small for me. So I got a 44" Smoke Hollow propane smoker. Seasoned it on Sunday, then smoked yesterday. With dual burners, I can only ignite one on low and get temps down to 150ish, which is great for smoking sausages. And it's big enough that I could light the A-Maze-N pellet cube for cold smoking.

I'm not using it for brisket or butt or ribs, though. That's the PBC, and it's great at them.
[Reply]
tooge 09:31 AM 02-13-2018
Didn't take any pics, but made venison meatball subs

venison, panko bread crumbs, minced green onion, oregano, minced garlic, salt and pepper. make the meatballs, then place the meatballs on a nice roll with a ladel of tomato sauce, then under the broiler with mozzarella cheese on top till the cheese melts.

The venison hit the spot with its bit of richness it brings over beef/pork
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:41 AM 02-13-2018
I an sure you've tried some foil balls in the holes to reduce the incoming air?
Maybe make a charcoal chain to reduce burning material and prolong the burn???

I am looking at a pellet setup for low temp smoking, just for ease during cold weather. I am going to look at how your propane works nut not doing propane myself. Is it convertible to NG?

I've been smoking a lot of bacon and sausage, so no. The hot dogs were just the most recent. Smoked some polish sausage that I cooked up for breakfast this morning with natural hog casing - I think those were the best sausages I've made.

I'm going to do a pork and apple fresh kielbasa soon.

The PBC cooks too hot. I've tried everything I can think of (even their help line) to tame the temps, but can't get it below about 275. And my electric smoker struggles to get temp when it's very cold outside, plus the chamber is really too small for me. So I got a 44" Smoke Hollow propane smoker. Seasoned it on Sunday, then smoked yesterday. With dual burners, I can only ignite one on low and get temps down to 150ish, which is great for smoking sausages. And it's big enough that I could light the A-Maze-N pellet cube for cold smoking.

I'm not using it for brisket or butt or ribs, though. That's the PBC, and it's great at them.

[Reply]
Page 718 of 1208
« First < 218618668708714715716717718 719720721722728768818 > Last »
Up