ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 101
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 09:33 AM 01-14-2021
as far as getting back to the game a big part is going to be the ability to get pressure with only rushing 4. isnt KC's oline banged up ?

will KC blitz often ? baker has been one of the best against the blitz the last half of the year .

and i know mahomes is a master against the blitz
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 09:36 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Fyp
:-):-):-)

i know what you are
[Reply]
New World Order 09:37 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
as far as getting back to the game a big part is going to be the ability to get pressure with only rushing 4. isnt KC's oline banged up ?

will KC blitz often ? baker has been one of the best against the blitz the last half of the year .

1. Yes, but Mahomes is Houdini back there.

2. Probably
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:38 AM 01-14-2021
:-):-):-)

i know what you are
You have no idea what you are in for :-) When I get these hunches, it never ends well for opposing fans :-)
[Reply]
notorious 09:42 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hiko:
#2 D Baltimore x2
#3 D Pittsburgh x3
#4 D Washington
#9 D Giants
#10 D Colts

That’s about half their games against Top 10 defenses.

So, yeah... what he said was incorrect.
And how many points did they score in most of those games?

Not to mention a majority of the games listed had an abortion of a schedule, too.

:-). You walked right into that.

On a side note, how in the **** do you only score 10 against Houston and 6 (!) against the Raiders?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:44 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:

Not to mention a majority of the games listed had an abortion of a schedule, too.

On a side note, how in the **** do you only score 10 against Houston and 6 (!) against the Raiders?
...and lost to the Jets :-)
[Reply]
JakeF 09:44 AM 01-14-2021
Sammy Watkins talking shit about Cleveland.

:-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:48 AM 01-14-2021

Yeah, being able to pressure Mahomes when only rushing 4 is huge (you're only mostly screwed as opposed to totally screwed :-)). KC's line is kind of in shambles... I've been surprised they haven't done more to help in that regard when it comes to moving the pocket on rollout plays, utilizing CEH and Bell in the passing game more, etc. The plays are there, but for whatever reason it hasn't been a focus whenever teams have gotten pressure in the past few weeks.

The expectation on defense is they'll try to confuse Baker, which of course includes blitzing at least a fair amount.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:53 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Sammy Watkins talking shit about Cleveland.

Fake news.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 09:56 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:

both games had 40-50 mph sustained winds off the lake neither team could throw the ball more than 5-10 yds accurately thats why both QB's both games had 100-150 yds passing
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:58 AM 01-14-2021

Most teams this year have played a similar defense against the chiefs. Mahomes rare struggles are when defenses bring pressure and can cover. Like when you have an elite secondary and a bosa. Cleveland can bring pressure but they can't cover.

For a few weeks kc has had a tiny issue getting some short passes off. But I'm guessing Reid cleaned that the hell up over the past few weeks. If not, there's not much Cleveland can do. Reid will unleash the short game and he is an absolute wizard at it. I think he teased a few glimpses of that with Henne vs LAC. It also helps that kelce is a matchup nightmare in this game.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:06 AM 01-14-2021
both games had 40-50 mph sustained winds off the lake neither team could throw the ball more than 5-10 yds accurately thats why both QB's both games had 100-150 yds passing
[Reply]
Mav 10:10 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
"With the exception of the Jets"

You know when you lose to a 2-win team the way the Browns did, it's kind of disingenuous to just sweep it under the rug, right?
Yeah, i agree. I mean you go all week putting together a game plan, and then 24 hours before that game you have Tyreke, Watkins, Robinson, and Hardman all put on the close contact covid list, and then have to sign 3 guys from the practice squad to play. Would you expect that game to be held against you? Honestly, its like you guys brushing off the Chargers loss in week 17. The Browns beat the jets 9 out of 10 times if not for that bs.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 10:10 AM 01-14-2021
But you all have Chubb and Hunt. Your running game is supposed to be nearly unstoppable, but you couldn't score with your running game when it was windy?
[Reply]
Mav 10:11 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Just stop.

You can't use the WR excuse when your head coach flat out abandoned the running game and threw the ball 50 times KNOWING that he was missing those WR's.

Cleveland could have, you know, played to their actual strengths and probably won the game.

Instead, they tried to do something against the grain and got beat. Out coached. Period.
You clearly didnt watch the game, so why comment on it? We tried running the ball, the announcers even showed it multiple times that the Jets kept 9 guys in the box the entire game.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 101
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076 > Last »
Up