ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 26
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith unlikely to ever play again
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:39 AM 03-21-2019

Alex Smith is “unlikely to ever play again,” per @JasonLaCanfora https://t.co/4GUBsNFqAZ

— Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) March 21, 2019

[Reply]
JakeF 06:08 PM 07-24-2020
Being cleared is great but can that leg still run and cut. Without being able to run, Smith has a very small chance of competing. He depends on his scrambling.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:14 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Scooter LaCanforno:
This would be the Greatest Comeback Ever in Sports. If it doesn't work out, I'd take him as a Offensive Coach.
"Hey, Pat. Quit taking those stupid shots down the field. Too damn risky."
[Reply]
kcxiv 06:39 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Being cleared is great but can that leg still run and cut. Without being able to run, Smith has a very small chance of competing. He depends on his scrambling.
im pretty sure he's been doing all of that already, or they wouldnt have cleared him. He had to show he could do these things.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:46 PM 07-24-2020
I'm rooting for the guy. It's hard to believe he'll be in good enough shape to make the team though. But if he does, I'll be rooting for him hard.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:55 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
That ESPN special showed there wasn't much meat left on that bone after they finished cutting out all the infection. This seems crazy.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:11 PM 07-24-2020
Absolutely unreal.

Alex Smith is a special guy. Plain and simple.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:07 AM 07-25-2020
With Alex Smith, Andy Reid, and Mahomes parents. Pat really had great role models how to be professional.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:23 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
With Alex Smith, Andy Reid, and Mahomes parents. Pat really had great role models how to be professional.
Don't forget Marcus Peters.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:32 AM 07-25-2020
I hope he changes his mind. There's no reason he should try to play again. None. He has nothing left to prove to anybody, and the Washington Whatevers are not going to be competitive for many years. He should walk away while he can still walk.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:47 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I hope he changes his mind. There's no reason he should try to play again. None. He has nothing left to prove to anybody, and the Washington Whatevers are not going to be competitive for many years. He should walk away while he can still walk.
I think if he had won a ring with us, or back with SF when they were dominating that 2011 season, he probably walks away. I think to him he does have something left to prove. Everyone’s always said he was a bridge qb, and while that’s somewhat true, he’s probably the only qb I’d ever want as a bridge qb. Humble, doesn’t spread drama, teaches, and actually plays winning football.. we were lucky in a sense to pick him up when we did.

Also I think I read somewhere a lot of his money from Washington was tied to the fact that he had to try to return to football to get a lot of it. Don’t know how much of that bit is true though.
[Reply]
Kman34 10:53 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I would be very uneasy watching him play.. Can you imagine being his family.. Just don’t think the risk is worth it.. that leg cant be as good as before the break..
[Reply]
threebag 11:39 AM 07-25-2020
I wish him all the best, he deserves it. World Class Dude :-)
[Reply]
Otter 11:52 AM 07-25-2020
Seems to me like the next logical move for Alex would be into coaching or announcing. Certainly has the personality for either and that leg isn't gonna take another hit like that very well.

Best of luck, stud! :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:55 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
Seems to me like the next logical move for Alex would be into coaching or announcing. Certainly has the personality for either and that leg isn't gonna take another hit like that very well.

Best of luck, stud! :-)
Was thinking the same thing. Very well spoken and likeable. Feel like he'd be awesome as a college analyst. I'm sure with his connections to urban meyer he could easily land something.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:53 AM 08-21-2020

Dwayne Haskins helping Alex Smith to his car after practice pic.twitter.com/wFx49ypt1N

— ChiefsJayhawksRoyals (@CJR16255) August 21, 2020

[Reply]
Page 19 of 26
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up