ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Dershowitz Says You Can NOT Impeach a President After He Leaves Office
BucEyedPea 10:28 AM 01-13-2021
He's right ya' know. The language of the Constitution does not say that.
“And the Constitution specifically says, ‘The President shall be removed from office upon impeachment.’ It doesn’t say the former president. Congress has no power to impeach or try a private citizen, whether it be a private citizen named Donald Trump or named Barack Obama or anyone else,” he said.
Which mediots bought this media lie?

He also said this:
“The case cannot come to trial in the Senate. Because the Senate has rules, and the rules would not allow the case to come to trial until, according to the majority leader, until 1 p.m. on January 20th, an hour after President Trump leaves office,” Dershowitz said in a Fox Business interview on Sunday.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/democr...z_3650853.html

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...leaves-office/

[Reply]
Pawnmower 03:11 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
No. any more stupid questions?

No. Hope your buddy gets out soon though.

[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:42 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Well, he gonna be impeached before he leaves office, so...
In fact, he has been impeached now, and he’s still in office.

What BEP is not considering, however, is that the Trump campaign is a sting operation for election fraud.

So Trump may still win this thing. Taco said so.

Need to impeach, just in case.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:48 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
He said a lot of made up shit in these last 4+ years.
Stop spreading LIES. You just say that because he defended Trump and all virulent haters of Trump have completely lost it the past 4+ years.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:52 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
He needs to be disqualified for running from office again

No, he doesn't.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:52 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
In fact, he has been impeached now, and hes still in office.

What BEP is not considering, however, is that the Trump campaign is a sting operation for election fraud.

So Trump may still win this thing. Taco said so.

Need to impeach, just in case.
He did. Several times. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:53 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The president is being impeached today, 8 days before he leaves office, so whatever Derschowitz the scumbag has to say about impeachment is irrelevant.

Derschowitz is truly the scum of the earth for defending Klaus Von Bulow, OJ and now, Trump.

Funny how he's always hired by wealthy, yet guilty, clients.
Well Dershowitz did endorse Biden for president.

Everyone deserves a fair trial under the law though, including controversial ones and the prosecution in OJ's case failed to prove their case. I am not familiar with the details of Klaus Von Bulow.
[Reply]
jettio 04:27 PM 01-13-2021
The articles are delivered to US Senate today, before Trump's term ends.

Impeachment and removal could also disqualify Trump from future office and statutory pension, travel allowance and how long he has secret service protection.

If he is convicted, it would be a case of first impression for SCOTUS to decide and I expect SCOTUS would rule that it was okay to conduct Senate trial after term ended if articles arrived in Senate before the the term expired.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 04:29 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Stop spreading LIES. You just say that because he defended Trump and all virulent haters of Trump have completely lost it the past 4+ years.
It is demonstrably true that Trump told many ridiculous lies, in addition to the "normal" lies most politicians tell. The "big, beautiful wall paid for by Mexico" being one of the first, and one of the most ridiculous. It was foreshadowing of the stupidity to follow.
[Reply]
tatorhog 04:59 PM 01-13-2021
Seriously asking.

What is gained by impeaching a president after he leaves office? I guess I don't understand the reason to pursue that.

I know the house just voted in favor of impeachment, but circling back to the original argument. Is it just to ban him from future campaigns? Or is there more to it?
[Reply]
eDave 05:02 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
Seriously asking.

What is gained by impeaching a president after he leaves office? I guess I don't understand the reason to pursue that.

I know the house just voted in favor of impeachment, but circling back to the original argument. Is it just to ban him from future campaigns? Or is there more to it?
That and to stop the bullshit he pulled last week. He's a clear and present danger.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:05 PM 01-13-2021
Seriously asking.

He was impeached today and he is still in office.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 05:10 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
That's used in an entirely different context, and not a legal context. The Constitution does not say that either. So no.

You're making a Laurence Tribe type argument, where you put in the document what you want or by reading penumbras between the lines.
The Constitution butchers are Tribe cultists.

Now names these officials that were impeached once they left office, since that is also used to remove officials it applies to like judges. I'll bet none were presidents.
The first text and treatise that most lawyers are assigned to read in constitutional law is Laurence Tribe's work.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 05:33 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Once a POTUS, always a POTUS.
Forever your president!
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:17 PM 01-13-2021
Seriously asking.

Because the followup to a successful impeachment would be to try and bar Trump from holding any public office in the future.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:28 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
The articles are delivered to US Senate today, before Trump's term ends.

Impeachment and removal could also disqualify Trump from future office and statutory pension, travel allowance and how long he has secret service protection.

If he is convicted, it would be a case of first impression for SCOTUS to decide and I expect SCOTUS would rule that it was okay to conduct Senate trial after term ended if articles arrived in Senate before the the term expired.
SCOTUS is not the only arbiter and the average person can that the words of the Constitution do not say that. You just hate Trump.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up