ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Dershowitz Says You Can NOT Impeach a President After He Leaves Office
BucEyedPea 10:28 AM 01-13-2021
He's right ya' know. The language of the Constitution does not say that.
“And the Constitution specifically says, ‘The President shall be removed from office upon impeachment.’ It doesn’t say the former president. Congress has no power to impeach or try a private citizen, whether it be a private citizen named Donald Trump or named Barack Obama or anyone else,” he said.
Which mediots bought this media lie?

He also said this:
“The case cannot come to trial in the Senate. Because the Senate has rules, and the rules would not allow the case to come to trial until, according to the majority leader, until 1 p.m. on January 20th, an hour after President Trump leaves office,” Dershowitz said in a Fox Business interview on Sunday.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/democr...z_3650853.html

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...leaves-office/

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:55 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Most of this shit is fuzzy, but I read something the other day about how presidential perqs (pension, office/expenses) can be potentially be taken away, but secret service protection is guaranteed.
You mean we will/might get cheated out of a Trump Presidential library?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:03 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
You mean we will/might get cheated out of a Trump Presidential library?
He was still president, and I believe those are funded mostly privately, so I'd imagine there would still be one, and it will probably be bigger and more gold-plated than anything we've ever seen before.

In any event, he can always build a museum/monument to himself and I'm sure his cult will be eager to donate.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:04 PM 01-13-2021
He was still president, and I believe those are funded mostly privately, so I'd imagine there would still be one, and it will probably be bigger and more gold-plated than anything we've ever seen before.

In any event, he can always build a museum/monument to himself and I'm sure his cult will be eager to donate.
Sadly you are probably right on the second bit. Fools and their money . . .
[Reply]
jd1020 12:10 PM 01-13-2021
Trumps library will be waiting on Mexico to pay for the walls.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:13 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Trumps library will be waiting on Mexico to pay for the walls.
He did say, he figured out a way where Mexico would end up paying for it. He's just isn't going to be able to do it now. Then again he needs a congress to back and that's the hard part.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:15 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
He did say, he figured out a way where Mexico would end up paying for it. He's just isn't going to be able to do it now. Then again he needs a congress to back and that's the hard part.
He said a lot of made up shit in these last 4+ years.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:23 PM 01-13-2021
This is the best ****ing interview ever of the Dershowitz -> http://youtu.be/L2wrZXDFGVI
[Reply]
banyon 12:38 PM 01-13-2021
This is a disingenuous argument from Dershowitz because it ignores the context of the next section which allows for the ban from future public office holding.

That ban is meaningless if people can just resign to avoid the penalty.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:44 PM 01-13-2021
Is Alan Dershowitz jewish? Asking 4 a friend
[Reply]
cosmo20002 01:03 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
:-)BEP, still grasping to this bullshit.
He "figured out a way" they would pay for it, and they just wouldn't know they are paying for it. A perfect plan!
And he'll let us all in on the secret "in two weeks."
[Reply]
cosmo20002 01:09 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
This is a disingenuous argument from Dershowitz because it ignores the context of the next section which allows for the ban from future public office holding.

That ban is meaningless if people can just resign to avoid the penalty.
Dershowitz also argued that Trump couldn't be impeached last time because Trump believed what he was doing was good for the country. So, even if it was was a "high crime or misdemeanor" if a president thought he was doing something to benefit the country, he couldn't be impeached/removed for it.

He could murder a rival, I guess, IF he thought it was for the good of the country. This was his argument.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 01:31 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
Is Alan Dershowitz jewish? Asking 4 a friend

is your "friend" a ugandan patriot?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:10 PM 01-13-2021
The president is being impeached today, 8 days before he leaves office, so whatever Derschowitz the scumbag has to say about impeachment is irrelevant.

Derschowitz is truly the scum of the earth for defending Klaus Von Bulow, OJ and now, Trump.

Funny how he's always hired by wealthy, yet guilty, clients.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:54 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The president is being impeached today, 8 days before he leaves office, so whatever Derschowitz the scumbag has to say about impeachment is irrelevant.

Derschowitz is truly the scum of the earth for defending Klaus Von Bulow, OJ and now, Trump.

Funny how he's always hired by wealthy, yet guilty, clients.
Because like many attorneys, he doesn't give a fuck about justice, only money.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 03:02 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
is your "friend" a ugandan patriot?
No. any more stupid questions?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up