ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Dershowitz Says You Can NOT Impeach a President After He Leaves Office
BucEyedPea 10:28 AM 01-13-2021
He's right ya' know. The language of the Constitution does not say that.
“And the Constitution specifically says, ‘The President shall be removed from office upon impeachment.’ It doesn’t say the former president. Congress has no power to impeach or try a private citizen, whether it be a private citizen named Donald Trump or named Barack Obama or anyone else,” he said.
Which mediots bought this media lie?

He also said this:
“The case cannot come to trial in the Senate. Because the Senate has rules, and the rules would not allow the case to come to trial until, according to the majority leader, until 1 p.m. on January 20th, an hour after President Trump leaves office,” Dershowitz said in a Fox Business interview on Sunday.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/democr...z_3650853.html

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...leaves-office/

[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:30 AM 01-13-2021
Well, he gonna be impeached before he leaves office, so...
[Reply]
Shields68 10:31 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Well, he gonna be impeached before he leaves office, so...
Removed from office on impeachment... may not be interpreted to me what you implied above.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:37 AM 01-13-2021
Well, Dershowitz said OJ was innocent too...so, take that for what its worth...
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:41 AM 01-13-2021
I've read several instances of officials being impeached after they left office.

So I suppose we'll wait and see.

What Trump did is impeachable, and should be done. Period.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:43 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Well, Dershowitz said OJ was innocent too...so, take that for what its worth...
I don't have to do that, because I can verify what the words of the Constitution say by looking it up and reading it, which I did. Plus,I know how to read too.

So, that being done, Dershowitz is right ya' know. And I don't always agree with him either.

I see you have been unable to disprove him but choose to deflect.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:45 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I've read several instances of officials being impeached after they left office.

So I suppose we'll wait and see.

What Trump did is impeachable, and should be done. Period.
Name them?

No you don't have to wait and see. You just have to look up that part of the Constitution and it does not say impeach a "private citizen" but a president. He is no longer the president once he leaves office. It's just 2 + 2= 4, simple logic. Or simple ability to read. I was always skeptical about this claim.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:45 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
No you don't have to wait and see. You just have to look up that part of the Constitution and it does not say impeach a private citizen but a president.
Once a POTUS, always a POTUS.
[Reply]
Donger 10:47 AM 01-13-2021
https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/...-leaves-office
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:48 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Once a POTUS, always a POTUS.
That's used in an entirely different context, and not a legal context. The Constitution does not say that either. So no.

You're making a Laurence Tribe type argument, where you put in the document what you want or by reading penumbras between the lines.
The Constitution butchers are Tribe cultists.

Now names these officials that were impeached once they left office, since that is also used to remove officials it applies to like judges. I'll bet none were presidents.
[Reply]
Donger 10:52 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
The Constitution butchers are Tribe cultists.
Says she who wanted Pence to ignore the 12th Amendment because her candidate lost.

Fraud.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 10:52 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Well, Dershowitz said OJ was innocent too...so, take that for what its worth...

I'm not sure he has ever made this claim. Do you have a link to it? I find this claim a bit dubious...tbh..

I know he worked on the POSSIBLE appeal issues (as an advisor), and wrote a book called 'reasonable doubt'. But having reasonable doubt
and helping potentially appeal a case on technical legal issues is a completely different thing than claiming someone is 'innocent'.
If I was working on someone's appeal, I could think they are not guilty..but also not 'innocent'. Also he came
out and stated basically the OJ case was just "meh" and not even an important one in his career...so I doubt
he felt strongly OJ was innocent.


In the USA we have a right to this type of legal defense.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:52 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
He's right ya' know. The language of the Constitution does not say that.
“And the Constitution specifically says, ‘The President shall be removed from office upon impeachment.’ It doesn’t say the former president. Congress has no power to impeach or try a private citizen, whether it be a private citizen named Donald Trump or named Barack Obama or anyone else,” he said.
Which mediots bought this media lie?

He also said this:
“The case cannot come to trial in the Senate. Because the Senate has rules, and the rules would not allow the case to come to trial until, according to the majority leader, until 1 p.m. on January 20th, an hour after President Trump leaves office,” Dershowitz said in a Fox Business interview on Sunday.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/democr...z_3650853.html

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...leaves-office/
I'm fairly certain the Constitution doesn't say that at all, let alone specifically.

The dead giveaway is that impeachment and removal from office are two different things, as everyone in the country should know by now.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:55 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Removed from office on impeachment... may not be interpreted to me what you implied above.
Too many people use "impeached" when they mean "convicted/removed from office." They are separate.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 10:56 AM 01-13-2021
In a sign of the coming doompocalypse I agree with BEP (in the literal sense)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up