ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Flashback Pitt Gorilla—The Left Rioted at Trump's Inauguration
BucEyedPea 01:01 AM 01-13-2021
Liberals Started Rioting Right After Trump’s Election, Even During His Inuaguration

They’ve done nothing to quell the violence and unrest on their side, which started right after Trump won the presidency.

Trump Inauguration
Six police officers were injured and 217 protesters arrested Friday after a morning of peaceful protests and coordinated disruptions of Donald Trump’s inauguration ceremony gave way to ugly street clashes in downtown Washington.

At least two DC police officers and one other person were taken to the hospital after run-ins with protesters, DC Fire Spokesman Vito Maggiolo told CNN. Acting DC Police Chief Peter Newsham said the officers’ injuries were considered minor and not life threatening.

Bursts of chaos erupted on 12th and K streets as black-clad “antifascist” protesters smashed storefronts and bus stops, hammered out the windows of a limousine and eventually launched rocks at a phalanx of police lined up in an eastbound crosswalk. Officers responded by launching smoke and flash-bang devices, which could be heard from blocks away, into the street to disperse the crowds.
And Right After Trump Was Elected

The media won’t bring this up, but in the aftermath of Trump’s election in November 2016, the left began protesting—and those protests typically ended in violence.

“For the third night in a row, anti-Donald Trump demonstrators took to the streets in several big cities and on college campuses across the United States, including an outburst of smashed windows and a dumpster fire in Portland that police countered with pepper spray and flash-bang devices,” reported USA Today just days after Trump’s upset victory over Hillary Clinton.

Roughly 4,000 protesters gathered in downtown Portland the Thursday following the election, chanting “We reject the president-elect!” before heading over to Portland’s Pearl District, “where the windows of several businesses were smashed.” A local news station said, “The protest was mostly peaceful until demonstrators met with an anarchist group, after which demonstrators vandalized buildings, kicked cars and knocked out power.”

In Los Angeles, protesters burned an effigy of Trump, blocked traffic on a busy highway, and vandalized property. In Oakland, rioters started fires, threw rocks and Molotov cocktails, and vandalized police cars. One police car was even graffitied with the message “Time to riot.”

Similar stories were reported in New York, Denver, San Francisco, and Philadelphia.

Did the left get over it? Did they ever accept the election? Nope. They promised to resist and the rioting didn’t stop.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...ation-n1312876

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:04 AM 01-13-2021
Honestly, so I understand, the difference in the eyes of those who are saying impeach is that yes, the riots that went on during the summer were bad, but the one riot that went on last Wednesday was worse because it was at the Capital building...so not so much WHAT but WHERE...is that correct?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:05 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Honestly, so I understand, the difference in the eyes of those who are saying impeach is that yes, the riots that went on during the summer were bad, but the one riot that went on last Wednesday was worse because it was at the Capital building...so not so much WHAT but WHERE...is that correct?
Exactly.

For instance, if Taco John masturbates at home, that's fine.

If Taco John masturbates on an elementary school playground during recess, that is not fine.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:07 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Exactly.

If Taco John masturbates on an elementary school playground during recess, that is not fine.
What a stupid awful analogy.

So rioting is fine as long as it’s not specifically at the Capitol? I mean you all can’t even say government building because the Left did that too.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:10 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

So rioting is fine as long as it’s not specifically at the Capitol? I mean you all can’t even say government building because the Left did that too.
Commies defend rioting when it destroys mostly private property and businesses. It's anti-capitalist. But destroy their sacred temples,* since their religion is the state, that's another matter.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:00 PM 01-13-2021
Exactly.

Of all the horrifically bad examples I've ever seen, this one tops the list for worst.

A better example would be:

If TJ masturbates in his pew at church it is wrong.

If TJ masturbates on a playground, it is worse.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:01 PM 01-13-2021
Exactly.

OK, bad analogy not withstanding, can you possibly see how confusing it is for someone like me who watched a LOT of death and destruction take place over the summer, and yet did not see the outcry from the media and (I hate to use a general term, but for the sake of brevity) "the left" nearly as vehemently as I am seeing it now? There were federal buildings attacked, police stations, whole city blocks taken over and occupied and this went on for months...Now, we have a sizeable march on Washington by "the right", and some in that crowd got way the hell out of hand, broke some windows, caused violence and at least a few deaths...but was not on par with the destruction we saw this summer.

It's not about whataboutism, that's a cop out. It's really about some people feigning horror at something that is (save it's location) not nearly as severe as what we saw last summer, describing it in the most hyperbolic terms imaginable. If we are all going to find a way to unite, it's time to stop pinning this action on the whole protest, but rather on the idiots who were out to do much more damage than to just protest.

Many on the Left were angry with the Right throwing BLM into the mix of those protests last summer, saying perhaps there were some bad apples, but it was mostly peaceful protests. The same can be said about the Capital riot.

We're not going to unite if we keep pointing at each other and pretending that our own actions, beliefs and motivations have nothing to do with this. The truth is, this was coming, it was just a matter of time. It's where we are as a nation, we're being led around by the media and what our heroes tell us rather than what we are actually seeing. It's sad and scary as hell...because whoever has the power will use it. Right now, it's the left. In my opinion it has been for a long time, but whatever. This is NOT the way to unification.

I don't know where we go from here. I will say this...I hope those who were rioting and causing damage, death and mayhem in the Capital of my country are caught and brought to justice. Equally, I feel the same about every rioter and looter from last summer, who put people out of business in a pandemic, committed rape, murder and all kinds of crime while usurping the cause of justice by African Americans. You should hope that too. We ALL should.

Think we all do? I don't.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:03 PM 01-13-2021
OK, bad analogy not withstanding, can you possibly see how confusing it is for someone like me who watched a LOT of death and destruction take place over the summer, and yet did not see the outcry from the media and (I hate to use a general term, but for the sake of brevity) "the left" nearly as vehemently as I am seeing it now? There were federal buildings attacked, police stations, whole city blocks taken over and occupied and this went on for months...Now, we have a sizeable march on Washington by "the right", and some in that crowd got way the hell out of hand, broke some windows, caused violence and at least a few deaths...but was not on par with the destruction we saw this summer.

It's not about whataboutism, that's a cop out. It's really about some people feigning horror at something that is (save it's location) not nearly as severe as what we saw last summer, describing it in the most hyperbolic terms imaginable. If we are all going to find a way to unite, it's time to stop pinning this action on the whole protest, but rather on the idiots who were out to do much more damage than to just protest.

Many on the Left were angry with the Right throwing BLM into the mix of those protests last summer, saying perhaps there were some bad apples, but it was mostly peaceful protests. The same can be said about the Capital riot.

We're not going to unite if we keep pointing at each other and pretending that our own actions, beliefs and motivations have something to do with this. The truth is, this was coming, it was just a matter of time. It's where we are as a nation, we're being led around by the media and what our heroes tell us rather than what we are actually seeing. It's sad and scary as hell...because whoever has the power will use it. Right now, it's the left. In my opinion it has been for a long time, but whatever. This is NOT the way to unification.

I don't know where we go from here. I will say this...I hope those who were rioting and causing damage, death and mayhem in the Capital of my country are caught and brought to justice. Equally, I feel the same about every rioter and looter from last summer, who put people out of business in a pandemic, committed rape, murder and all kinds of crime while usurping the cause of justice by African Americans. You should hope that too. We ALL should.

Yep. Just excuse your tribe's shitty behavior and excoriate the rival tribe for anything and everything.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:07 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Yep. Just excuse your tribe's shitty behavior and excoriate the rival tribe for anything and everything.
Indeed. I'm a conservative and I say it happens on both sides. The left is simply louder and has a bigger voice in the media, but we all do this shit.
[Reply]
Otter 12:08 PM 01-13-2021
Rules for the, not for me. /lefttards
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:11 PM 01-13-2021
Indeed. I'm a conservative and I say it happens on both sides. The left is simply louder and has a bigger voice in the media, but we all do this shit.
Sorry, but it isn't really a hallmark of the right to riot despite the few caught up in it this time.

The Tea Party didn't do it. They didn't even leave litter afterwards.
Trump rallies, are not known for rioting either. It's just a left-wing smear, when it is far more and far worse by the left through history.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 12:26 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Sorry, but it isn't really a hallmark of the right to riot despite the few caught up in it this time.

The Tea Party didn't do it. They didn't even leave litter afterwards.
Trump rallies, are not known for rioting either. It's just a left-wing smear, when it is far more and far worse by the left through history.
I didn't mean the rioting, because I agree, its not really something the right does. I was referring to the idea that rarely do people look to their own faults, rather they spend their energy on every one else's.
[Reply]
-King- 12:27 PM 01-13-2021
Wait, so the Left gets to downplay/defend months of riots, with politicians and celebrities even bailing them out or soliciting bail money, then just scream whataboutism when the Right riots and people call out the hypocrisy?

As a moderate that has condemned the violence on both sides, this is absolute horseshit. The irony of your first sentence is priceless even if it does apply to some on the Right as well.
Both sides are hypocrites that want no accountability. They both justify the bullshit they do by pointing out some other time the other side did bullshit.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:36 PM 01-13-2021

I didn't say that. Rioting is never fine.

The Capitol is not any old government building.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:43 PM 01-13-2021

We're not going to unite if we keep pointing at each other and pretending that our own actions, beliefs and motivations have nothing to do with this. The truth is, this was coming, it was just a matter of time. It's where we are as a nation, we're being led around by the media and what our heroes tell us rather than what we are actually seeing. It's sad and scary as hell...because whoever has the power will use it. Right now, it's the left. In my opinion it has been for a long time, but whatever. This is NOT the way to unification.

Good response.

The rioting over the summer, no matter how you feel about it, is not relevant to the current situation. Connecting the two for the sake of argument was predictable, but one does not actually affect the other.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:48 PM 01-13-2021
I didn't say that. Rioting is never fine.

The Capitol is not any old government building.
Umm yes you did

Exactly.

I mean you even used the word “fine” :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up