ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Impeachment already fucking Biden
petegz28 10:29 AM 01-12-2021
:-)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...der-his-agenda

Biden questions whether Trump impeachment trial could hinder his agenda

"I had a discussion today with some of the folks in the House and Senate," Biden told reporters on Monday while receiving the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. "And the question is whether or not, for example, if the House moves forward – which they obviously are – with the impeachment and sends it over to the Senate, whether or not we can bifurcate this."

Absent a broader agreement among leadership, Senate rules dictate that during impeachment – which often lasts for weeks – senators must meet six days a week, taking only Sunday off, potentially hindering the incoming administration. Biden signaled that he was exploring ways to advance his plan to tackle the dual health and economic crises while still pursuing impeachment.

"Can we go half-day on dealing with the impeachment and half-day getting my people nominated and confirmed in the Senate?" he asked.

While Biden said he had not received an answer from the Senate parliamentarian on his request, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., who will soon become the majority leader, suggested he was open to dividing time between impeachment and confirming Biden's nominees, saying "we've got to move the agenda as well."

"We’re going to have to do several things at once, but we’ve got to move the agenda as well," Schumer told the Buffalo News. "Yes, we've got to do both."

Like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., Schumer has endorsed impeaching Trump if Vice President Mike Pence does not invoke the 25th Amendment to deem Trump unfit and remove him from office. It appears unlikely that Pence and a majority of the Cabinet will do so.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:55 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
There seems to be conflicting opinions on whether that is accurate or not.
Impeachment conviction does not bar someone from running again.

The Senate needs to hold a separate vote on the issue of Trump being able to hold office again. That vote only requires a simple majority. There is some debate as to whether the verbiage in this clause applies to the office of President.

Yet article I section III clarifies that removal is not the only punishment impeachment can bring. It reads: “Judgment in Cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States.” This clause shows definitively that the Senate can inflict a penalty that would prevent Trump from holding office again. Under established Senate practice, that vote to disqualify would require only a simple majority vote in the Senate, less than the two-thirds vote required for conviction.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...fice-again-now
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:06 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Maybe you could throw in some hyperbole into your post?
MOAR WHITE SUPREME!!!
[Reply]
cosmo20002 06:57 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Agreed. THAT would most likely gain some support from the Right side of the aisle.
It appears that impeachment also has support from the Right side of the aisle.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:04 PM 01-12-2021
I have mixed feelings about going through with impeachment, but at the end of the day...he deserves it.
So maybe that should be the bottom line--whether he deserves it. And he does.
[Reply]
jettio 08:27 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Honestly this looks like a warning to anyone that's not part of the established ruling class from ever trying to run for president again. Let's face it, the last time a non-politician, either federal or state level, ran for president and made any waves was Ross Perot.

This reeks of the establishment, AKA "The Man", ensuring that we never see another "non-approved" member of the ruling class to run for president.
I think it is more of a warning that if you get your ass kicked in an election why not humbly shut the fuck up and don't lie to get simple minded white people riled up so that they do shit that gets them locked up.
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:41 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:

The Senate needs to hold a separate vote on the issue of Trump being able to hold office again. That vote only requires a simple majority. There is some debate as to whether the verbiage in this clause applies to the office of President.

Yet article I section III clarifies that removal is not the only punishment impeachment can bring. It reads: “Judgment in Cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States.” This clause shows definitively that the Senate can inflict a penalty that would prevent Trump from holding office again. Under established Senate practice, that vote to disqualify would require only a simple majority vote in the Senate, less than the two-thirds vote required for conviction.

Can you vote to bar without removal? How do you remove a POTUS no longer in office?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:59 PM 01-12-2021

Our election was hijacked. There is no question. Congress has a duty to #ProtectOurDemocracy & #FollowTheFacts.

— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) May 16, 2017

[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 10:00 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I have mixed feelings about going through with impeachment, but at the end of the day...he deserves it.
So maybe that should be the bottom line--whether he deserves it. And he does.
Yep impeach the president because he hurt your feelings. You are so far out of touch with reality sometimes I wonder if it’s just a ploy or if you really believe the shit you say. Your heros (biden, pelosi, and obama) have done a thousands times more impeachable offenses and you seem to ignore them because they fit your agenda.
Anyone of those three is more blatantly racist in public than Trump has ever been in private, even if baseless accusations were true. Your hypocrisy is pathetic.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:24 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:

He has to be convicted in the Senate too.

I'm not so sure the Senate can pass such a law preventing him from running again, because the Constitution stipulates the qualifications not the Senate or the rest of Congress. They'd have to convict him. Perhaps they could censure him, like they tried to do to Schumer for threatening Kav and Gorsuch with "annihilation."

At any rate, I doubt the RNC would allow a previously impeached president, to run again and they could make that a rule. There would be tremendous opposition.

Trump, per his friend Stone, said he only wanted to run for a second term if he couldn't accomplish what he wanted in one term. Though he did accomplish a lot, not all that I would have wanted, he was hamstrung with all the attacks which took his attention and the co-option by his own cabinet. How he got anything done with all that going on is surprising. Actually, amazing.

I hope he writes a book.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:37 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
MOAR WHITE SUPREME!!!
Can we at least make it WHITE-BEEF SUPREME?!?!? I'm kinda hungry.....
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:51 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
Yep impeach the president because he hurt your feelings. You are so far out of touch with reality sometimes I wonder if it’s just a ploy or if you really believe the shit you say. Your heros (biden, pelosi, and obama) have done a thousands times more impeachable offenses and you seem to ignore them because they fit your agenda.
Anyone of those three is more blatantly racist in public than Trump has ever been in private, even if baseless accusations were true. Your hypocrisy is pathetic.
Seems like you're the one with hurt feelings, snowflake. Trump is a lying, corrupt, completely immoral shitbag. Yet you're crying because Ds and a lot of Rs are bring mean to him. You defend him like he's your daddy. Is he your daddy?
[Reply]
scorpio 09:15 AM 01-13-2021
President Biden will be fine, but thank you for the concern.
[Reply]
Trolly McTrollson 09:20 AM 01-13-2021
I can tell from all the whining on the right that this is going to end badly for Biden.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:22 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:

At some point, people need to be held accountable for lying to vulnerable people and getting them worked up into doing stupid shit.
That perfectly describes the last 4 years... You guys are so fucking delusional.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:30 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
So the Republicans who said Trump broke the law by withholding congressionally approved assistance to Ukraine unless Ukraine lied and announced an investigation into the Democrat contender that he feared having to face in the general election said they would not vote for conviction because an election would give the people a chance to say whether or not they wanted Trump as POTUS.

Trump gets his white supremacist ass kicked by 7 million votes and 74 electoral votes and him and the white supremacists and white supremacist apologists lie about the election and riot at the capitol.

But, now the excuse for white supremacist Trump being able to get away with misconduct is that his term is expiring anyway.

Honestly, democrats do not need to worry about the emotions of misled white supremacists and their apologists. Especially when they are delusional and are not good faith participants in democracy.

At some point, people need to be held accountable for lying to vulnerable people and getting them worked up into doing stupid shit.

I am sorry where was this last summer?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up