ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Impeachment already fucking Biden
petegz28 10:29 AM 01-12-2021
:-)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...der-his-agenda

Biden questions whether Trump impeachment trial could hinder his agenda

"I had a discussion today with some of the folks in the House and Senate," Biden told reporters on Monday while receiving the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. "And the question is whether or not, for example, if the House moves forward – which they obviously are – with the impeachment and sends it over to the Senate, whether or not we can bifurcate this."

Absent a broader agreement among leadership, Senate rules dictate that during impeachment – which often lasts for weeks – senators must meet six days a week, taking only Sunday off, potentially hindering the incoming administration. Biden signaled that he was exploring ways to advance his plan to tackle the dual health and economic crises while still pursuing impeachment.

"Can we go half-day on dealing with the impeachment and half-day getting my people nominated and confirmed in the Senate?" he asked.

While Biden said he had not received an answer from the Senate parliamentarian on his request, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., who will soon become the majority leader, suggested he was open to dividing time between impeachment and confirming Biden's nominees, saying "we've got to move the agenda as well."

"We’re going to have to do several things at once, but we’ve got to move the agenda as well," Schumer told the Buffalo News. "Yes, we've got to do both."

Like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., Schumer has endorsed impeaching Trump if Vice President Mike Pence does not invoke the 25th Amendment to deem Trump unfit and remove him from office. It appears unlikely that Pence and a majority of the Cabinet will do so.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:06 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Agreed. THAT would most likely gain some support from the Right side of the aisle.
Considering McCarthy has already floated the idea, yes, it would.
[Reply]
Fish 11:06 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Or just drop this pathetic episode of political theater and move on?
Seriously. This is getting stupid. He's been neutered. Move on.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:06 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
That's yet another mistake on her part to, ya know, heal the Nation and all....

L

O

L
They don't want to heal shit. They want to pound their fist, act out and throw tantrums.
[Reply]
Cosmos 11:09 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I'd tell them to take their 1/2 day and **** themselves royaly. There is nothing to be gained by impeachment so give the kids what they want (impeachment) and make them suffer the consequences.
Conviction means Trump will never be able to hold governmental office again.

Well deserved, and well worth pursuing.

MAGA is a fraud/failed grievance marketing scam that has brought “only the best” together in government and thru the halls of our Capital.

Accountability.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:16 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Conviction means Trump will never be able to hold governmental office again.

Well deserved, and well worth pursuing.

MAGA is a fraud/failed grievance marketing scam that has brought “only the best” together in government and thru the halls of our Capital.

Accountability.
You honestly think that at the age of 74 or 75 he's going to run for...what...senate? President in 4 years, when he's 78?

Gimme a break. And besides, so what if he runs, if he's such a big exposed piece of shit, it should be no problem to defeat him in any race he enters.

Come on man. He's not running for office again. He'll just have to live with the way it went down and probably make a ton selling books and doing speaking tours, and maybe getting the next Republican "non-establishment" candidate up and running. But he's not running for office again.
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:18 AM 01-12-2021
The crybaby syndrome continues, even after defeating Trump, even after leaving office.

And they will lead this nation! How is this any better than Trump? Showing and teaching younger Americans it's Okay to be a crybaby when you don't get your way, rather you win or you lose, just cry, it's the "New American Way of Politics"!

I might add the D's better be smart about this, for all practical purposes, they are attacking a ( Note : I didn't vote for him ) POTUS from the other party. What goes around comes around , yep one day may well come around again to play, the other way!
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:18 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
You honestly think that at the age of 74 or 75 he's going to run for...what...senate? President in 4 years, when he's 78?

Gimme a break. And besides, so what if he runs, if he's such a big exposed piece of shit, it should be no problem to defeat him in any race he enters.

Come on man. He's not running for office again. He'll just have to live with the way it went down and probably make a ton selling books and doing speaking tours, and maybe getting the next Republican "non-establishment" candidate up and running. But he's not running for office again.
Ummm, he absolutely wanted to run again in 2024. I think he burnt down any remaining hope he had to do that last Wednesday, but who knows with him. He's a completely tone deaf ego-maniac, so anything is possible.
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:25 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Ummm, he absolutely wanted to run again in 2024. I think he burnt down any remaining hope he had to do that last Wednesday, but who knows with him. He's a completely tone deaf ego-maniac, so anything is possible.
Lord, I hope not!
[Reply]
petegz28 11:25 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Conviction means Trump will never be able to hold governmental office again.

Well deserved, and well worth pursuing.

MAGA is a fraud/failed grievance marketing scam that has brought “only the best” together in government and thru the halls of our Capital.

Accountability.
Go cry in your cheerios...Trump is done
[Reply]
Graystoke 11:27 AM 01-12-2021
Impeachment is a very bad idea.
Trump is done...for real this time.
[Reply]
Donger 11:33 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Conviction means Trump will never be able to hold governmental office again.
There seems to be conflicting opinions on whether that is accurate or not.
[Reply]
jettio 12:57 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
The crybaby syndrome continues, even after defeating Trump, even after leaving office.

And they will lead this nation! How is this any better than Trump? Showing and teaching younger Americans it's Okay to be a crybaby when you don't get your way, rather you win or you lose, just cry, it's the "New American Way of Politics"!

I might add the D's better be smart about this, for all practical purposes, they are attacking a ( Note : I didn't vote for him ) POTUS from the other party. What goes around comes around , yep one day may well come around again to play, the other way!
So the Republicans who said Trump broke the law by withholding congressionally approved assistance to Ukraine unless Ukraine lied and announced an investigation into the Democrat contender that he feared having to face in the general election said they would not vote for conviction because an election would give the people a chance to say whether or not they wanted Trump as POTUS.

Trump gets his white supremacist ass kicked by 7 million votes and 74 electoral votes and him and the white supremacists and white supremacist apologists lie about the election and riot at the capitol.

But, now the excuse for white supremacist Trump being able to get away with misconduct is that his term is expiring anyway.

Honestly, democrats do not need to worry about the emotions of misled white supremacists and their apologists. Especially when they are delusional and are not good faith participants in democracy.

At some point, people need to be held accountable for lying to vulnerable people and getting them worked up into doing stupid shit.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:07 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
So the Republicans who said Trump broke the law by withholding congressionally approved assistance to Ukraine unless Ukraine lied and announced an investigation into the Democrat contender that he feared having to face in the general election said they would not vote for conviction because an election would give the people a chance to say whether or not they wanted Trump as POTUS.

Trump gets his white supremacist ass kicked by 7 million votes and 74 electoral votes and him and the white supremacists and white supremacist apologists lie about the election and riot at the capitol.

But, now the excuse for white supremacist Trump being able to get away with misconduct is that his term is expiring anyway.

Honestly, democrats do not need to worry about the emotions of misled white supremacists and their apologists. Especially when they are delusional and are not good faith participants in democracy.

At some point, people need to be held accountable for lying to vulnerable people and getting them worked up into doing stupid shit.
Maybe you could throw in some hyperbole into your post?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:47 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Agreed. THAT would most likely gain some support from the Right side of the aisle.
Which what they did to Schumer when he threatened to "annihilate" Kav and Gorsuch over Roe v Wade. when it looked like there were enough votes to confirm Kav. So his supporters filled the senate chamber making a ruckus too. Yet, Schumer got to walk his words back saying he meant those threats in a political sense. Notice how Trump does not get that opportunity. I mean "fight" in a political sense doesn't mean to fight someone physically with violance. Politicians use words like "combat crime" or "combat fraud" regularly. Afterall, politics is said to be warfare by other means.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:51 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Ummm, he absolutely wanted to run again in 2024. I think he burnt down any remaining hope he had to do that last Wednesday, but who knows with him. He's a completely tone deaf ego-maniac, so anything is possible.
And who knows with his supporters. They still support him. This will only embolden them and make them dig-in. I makes me dig-in just because I hate the Establishment so much. Mainly seeing the politicians running scared because they fear the press gaslighting them too. But if the GOP starts helping to pass the kind of legislation, that made too many people no longer feel represented by DC, they'll be in a heap of trouble without him.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up