ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>FBI warns 'armed protests' being planned at all 50 state capitols and Washington DC
TLO 06:03 PM 01-11-2021
(CNN)The FBI has received information indicating "armed protests" are being planned at all 50 state capitols and the US Capitol in Washington, DC in the days leading up to President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration on January 20, according to an internal bulletin obtained by CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/polit...tol/index.html
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:32 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
Yeah, both sidesism and feigned victimhood is these people's bread and butter, keep spreading that.
:-)

Denier his side is full of shit.
[Reply]
banyon 11:34 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:

Denier his side is full of shit.
You are going to argue against my both sidesism comment by exclaiming "both sides!" :-)
[Reply]
TLO 11:34 AM 01-12-2021
I look forward to seeing the studies done some day to see what kind of impact the shutdowns have had on this aggressive behavior from some folks.

There has to be some sort of relationship, IMO.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:01 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I look forward to seeing the studies done some day to see what kind of impact the shutdowns have had on this aggressive behavior from some folks.

Shutdowns, riots, Covid...it's all taking a toll no doubt.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:02 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Shutdowns, riots, Covid...it's all taking a toll no doubt.
Sure, go ahead and defend those seditious traitors!!!
[Reply]
banyon 12:09 PM 01-12-2021
Sounds familiar:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ican-politics/

Because the new opposition is so prominent within their party, Republicans have to find a way to deflect their own responsibility for it. Which is why their response is already following this sequence:

Throughout the Trump presidency, the abuser’s trope of victim-blaming (“Look what you made me do”) was a staple of conservative rhetoric, as they sought to blame the left for Trump’s very existence. You were too politically correct, you said stupid things, you hurt our feelings, and “This is how you got Trump.”

So too will they try to put responsibility on Biden and congressional Democrats for the extremists in the GOP ranks. Our side might be full of crackpots, they’ll say, but it’s only because they’re legitimately concerned that passing a public option or increasing taxes on the wealthy would be the death knell of liberty. If only Democrats would promote “unity” by both pretending the Trump presidency never happened and shelving their own agenda, none of this would be happening.

Case in point: On “Fox & Friends,” Brian Kilmeade blamed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) for future violence because she is moving forward with impeachment. “This country is ready to explode,” he said. “You saw what happened. You see the anger that the 74 million people feel.”

The anger is a given; if it turns murderous, that’s the Democrats’ fault.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:10 PM 01-12-2021
Yeah, both sidesism and feigned victimhood is these people's bread and butter, keep spreading that.
Why is one side's 'victimhood' legitimate grievance, and the other side's feigned?

Can no one see? You don't even show the grace to acknowledge the legitimacy of people's own feelings?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:11 PM 01-12-2021

Psychological warfare. Get on board or go fuck yourself!
[Reply]
banyon 02:08 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Why is one side's 'victimhood' legitimate grievance, and the other side's feigned?

Can no one see? You don't even show the grace to acknowledge the legitimacy of people's own feelings?
I thought you guys were into “f your feelings”?
[Reply]
Detoxing 02:10 PM 01-12-2021

I'm sure there's a relationship between the shutdown and substance abuse. And all these Trump MAGA bitches seem to be on something...
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:16 PM 01-12-2021
I'll believe it when I see it.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:33 PM 01-12-2021
But my rights!!!
Attached: dontkick.jpg (38.1 KB) 
[Reply]
mkp785 02:56 PM 01-12-2021
I thought you guys were into “f your feelings”?
Now they cry for the right to kill cops and spread treasonous thoughts via someone else's platform. "But but unity!"

These thugs can be united in prison. Save room for Rudy and Trump.
[Reply]
F150 06:26 AM 01-13-2021
[
Case in point: On “Fox & Friends,” Brian Kilmeade blamed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) for future violence because she is moving forward with impeachment. “This country is ready to explode,” he said. “You saw what happened. You see the anger that the 74 million people feel.”
He made some very valid observations.

Nancy has chosen to pull the impeach trigger and seems to have basically ignored other options at her disposal. The points he made were we are going to extremes and have no interest in defusing what is obviously a very destructive and dangerous place for the country to be.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:45 AM 01-13-2021
Sounds familiar:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ican-politics/

Because the new opposition is so prominent within their party, Republicans have to find a way to deflect their own responsibility for it. Which is why their response is already following this sequence:
  • Condemn the violence itself
  • Sympathize and justify the sentiments that produced the violence
  • Blame Democrats for everything

Throughout the Trump presidency, the abuser’s trope of victim-blaming (“Look what you made me do”) was a staple of conservative rhetoric, as they sought to blame the left for Trump’s very existence. You were too politically correct, you said stupid things, you hurt our feelings, and “This is how you got Trump.”

So too will they try to put responsibility on Biden and congressional Democrats for the extremists in the GOP ranks. Our side might be full of crackpots, they’ll say, but it’s only because they’re legitimately concerned that passing a public option or increasing taxes on the wealthy would be the death knell of liberty. If only Democrats would promote “unity” by both pretending the Trump presidency never happened and shelving their own agenda, none of this would be happening.

The anger is a given; if it turns murderous, that’s the Democrats’ fault.
If you don't understand how pouring gasoline onto a smoldering fire might cause a larger eruption, there is no hope for you.

Democrats have been chomping at the bit to impeach Trump since before he even took office. They wasted years of his time in office with spurious investigations and labeled him and his supporters as the worst people alive.

Yes, your sides behavior has consequences, just as Trump and his idiot brigades behavior lost the GOP the Senate, and will do further damage to the GOP in the short term.

ETA: Trump's behavior is absolutely grounds for impeachment. I don't believe he fully understood the gravity of the situation he was in or that he genuinely wanted the people to actually break into the Capitol. He should have known though, and should be removed via the 25th amendment as he is absolutely not competent. The time in office has taken a high toll on his already tenuous mental health.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up