ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>FBI warns 'armed protests' being planned at all 50 state capitols and Washington DC
TLO 06:03 PM 01-11-2021
(CNN)The FBI has received information indicating "armed protests" are being planned at all 50 state capitols and the US Capitol in Washington, DC in the days leading up to President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration on January 20, according to an internal bulletin obtained by CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/polit...tol/index.html
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:31 AM 01-12-2021
Just beef up security. They'll make a lot of noise, puss out, and Biden will be their president.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 09:16 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
?

House Democrats Briefed On 3 Terrifying Plots To Overthrow Government

And another demonstration, which three members said was by far the most concerning plot, would involve insurrectionists forming a perimeter around the Capitol, the White House and the Supreme Court, and then blocking Democrats from entering the Capitol ― perhaps even killing them ― so that Republicans could take control of the government.

But while Capitol Police assured members they were prepared for these terrorist plots, there was obvious concern from a number of lawmakers.


One topic of discussion was the need to put every member of Congress through a metal detector before the inauguration. A member on the call told HuffPost that there was an "eyes-wide-open realization" that Capitol Police needed to take precautions against "all these members who were in league with the insurrectionists who love to carry their guns."
"You can't just let them bypass security and walk right up to [Joe] Biden and [Kamala] Harris at inauguration," this lawmaker told HuffPost.


https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...mpression=true
Put on the tinfoil hats.
[Reply]
banyon 09:19 AM 01-12-2021

Trump makes first public appearance and comments since last week, tells pool on South Lawn that impeachment is a "continuation of...the witch hunt."

"I think its causing tremendous anger," he said.

— Eli Stokols (@EliStokols) January 12, 2021


:-)
[Reply]
Loneiguana 09:19 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
Put on the tinfoil hats.
Those darn paranoid people at the FBI taking threats seriously after what happened last week.

:-)
[Reply]
kcpasco 09:24 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:


:-)
Trump told no lies. There is tremendous anger right now.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 09:27 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Those darn paranoid people at the FBI taking threats seriously after what happened last week.

:-)
Nothing in this article says that the FBI had anything to do with this "briefing".

None of the congressmen or women were identified as sources who told them about the "briefing".

This is the Huffington Post being the Huffington Post.
[Reply]
Donger 09:29 AM 01-12-2021
FWIW:

Washington (CNN)Thousands of armed pro-Donald Trump extremists are plotting to surround the US Capitol ahead of President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration, according to a member of Congress who was among those briefed late Monday on a series of new threats against lawmakers and the Capitol itself.

"They were talking about 4,000 armed 'patriots' to surround the Capitol and prevent any Democrat from going in," Rep. Conor Lamb, a Pennsylvania Democrat, told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day." "They have published rules of engagement, meaning when you shoot and when you don't. So this is an organized group that has a plan. They are committed to doing what they're doing because I think in their minds, you know, they are patriots and they're talking about 1776 and so this is now a contest of wills."

He continued, "We are not negotiating with or reasoning with these people. They have to be prosecuted. They have to be stopped. And unfortunately, that includes the President, which is why he needs to be impeached and removed from office."
[Reply]
scho63 09:32 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
While the murder of two police officers back in September caught on video was absolutely brutal and horrific, fortunately, we lost only 3 LAPD officers in 2020.

But there is a huge difference between something happening on the local level and something happen on the national level, especially to the US Capitol, because a national story like this affects us all.

I didn't know anything about policemen in Dallas until just now. :
(
What a dumb ass comment! :-)

So if Seattle City Hall is invaded by Antifa and BLM no big deal because it's local?

If a bunch of armed thugs complete an insurrection and take over 5 square blocks of a major city it's no big deal because it's local?

If 50 people get shot and 10 die in one weekend in Chicago it's no big deal because it's local?

What kind of ignoramus are you with this bullshit??? :-)
[Reply]
Loneiguana 09:32 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
Nothing in this article says that the FBI had anything to do with this "briefing".

None of the congressmen or women were identified as sources who told them about the "briefing".

This is the Huffington Post being the Huffington Post.
FBI warns 'armed protests' being planned at all 50 state capitols and Washington DC

Dumbass

:-)
[Reply]
theoldcoach 09:36 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
FWIW:

Washington (CNN)Thousands of armed pro-Donald Trump extremists are plotting to surround the US Capitol ahead of President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration, according to a member of Congress who was among those briefed late Monday on a series of new threats against lawmakers and the Capitol itself.

"They were talking about 4,000 armed 'patriots' to surround the Capitol and prevent any Democrat from going in," Rep. Conor Lamb, a Pennsylvania Democrat, told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day." "They have published rules of engagement, meaning when you shoot and when you don't. So this is an organized group that has a plan. They are committed to doing what they're doing because I think in their minds, you know, they are patriots and they're talking about 1776 and so this is now a contest of wills."

He continued, "We are not negotiating with or reasoning with these people. They have to be prosecuted. They have to be stopped. And unfortunately, that includes the President, which is why he needs to be impeached and removed from office."
So, were Republican congressmen "briefed" on this as well or just Democrats?

Seems like all should have been if this is true.

Perhaps they were. But it doesn't say that.

Of course they were sure to get the last quote in about impeaching the President.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 09:39 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
FBI warns 'armed protests' being planned at all 50 state capitols and Washington DC

Dumbass

:-)
Point out exactly where in the article you posted that the FBI had anything what so ever to do with this "briefing" that the article concerns.

Did you even read it?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 09:42 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
Point out exactly where in the article you posted that the FBI had anything what so ever to do with this "briefing" that the article concerns.

Did you even read it?
Dumbass thinks the FBI, which warned about this to start, isn't the go to on this stuff. Wants to pretend its all paranoia.

:-)
[Reply]
theoldcoach 09:50 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Dumbass thinks the FBI, which warned about this to start, isn't the go to on this stuff. Wants to pretend its all paranoia.

:-)
The Capital Police did the briefing.

The article clearly says so.

Why is this so hard for you to admit??
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:58 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
When the pandemic started he got exposed and he really had the worst, absolutely worst press conferences. Hed let the press push his buttons and give them exactly what they wanted, a temper tantrum from a 74 year old man. He should have said nothing in reply to stupid questions. Just ignore them, but he couldnt because hes an egomaniac whos never worked WITH anybody his entire life. People work for him, not with him. Hell never learn
Originally Posted by patteeu:
This is true.
I truly don't understand why more Trumpalos don't get this very simple fact.

Trump completely dropped the ball on his public persona on the pandemic. Had he merely been measured in his responses at these press conferences, he wins reelection in a landslide.

Of course he couldn't, because that isn't who he is.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:59 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
This threat is blown out of proportion is what Im hearing. Just sort of got exaggerated on social media and FBI ran with it.
Of course main stream media is all over it as well fanning the flames.

IF it turns out to be nothing, they'll either ignore it, or claim they stopped it.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up